Main Menu

MRP RD 15

Started by The Bomber, July 07, 2012, 01:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bomber

Collingwood vs. Carlton

S. Sidebottom Q2.(If people can explain what happened because I didn't see this that would be great.) Consensus that there wasn't enough force. Unlucky may get a week or 2 before plea.

S. Wellingham Q3. High bump on K. Simpson. As I saw it, it was reckless (2 points), high impact (3 points), high contact (2 points)
7 activation points drawing 475 demerit points (I think). 5 years without suspension means 25% off (this is his 5th year without suspension so I'm not sure if he gets this benefit yet...). Another 25% off with an early plea. Reduces to 267 demerit points and a 2 match suspension.
(EDIT: Researched previous MRP report with Guerra and he got 400 demerit points without high impact. So assuming than extra activation points increases the number of demerit points to 475)

Demons vs. Tigers

M. White Q4. Punch behind play. Also High bump. Not enough force. If unlucky may get one week.

Just thinking about the incidents as the MRP would. I'll try to do this to as many of the reports I see. Who knows we may actually understand how the MRP works (will take a miracle)...Reckon I'm right or do people have other ideas. Also please fill in Sidebottoms case...

LF

1match if that is all Wellingham gets that is total bullshower

Noz

With all that happened with Walker/Morris and after the story about the kid on the footy show (forgot his name) who had to have a metal disc in his spine after another head incident. Wellingham won't be looking at just a 1 week suspension, Enjoy a month off Sharrod.

remon tea

1 match will cause uproar. Deserves at least 4 for that. Completely reckless, no eyes for the ball.
MRP will look at medical reports and he'll be in strife. Not too keen on the tosspot who cheered Wellingham after that either.

Nothing in Sidebottom's tackle, free kick and play on tbh, reprimand at worst.

The Bomber

But how do they link demerit points with activation points? There isn't any class higher than high impact...

I agree it should be a hell of a lot more. But then how is it classified???

Also not sure bout the 5 year good behavior thing. He is IN his fifth year. 5 years not up yet so he may not get that...goes up to 2 weeks.

Also if it is 4 weeks that is 400+ demerit points. If he pleas early he still gets 25% off which will reduce his match ban to 3 weeks. That is what I think he should get...

FonFatty

3 weeks is what he will get.
With the MRP consistency, he will have to hope they are in a good mood, could turn into 4 or 5 weeks

monstrum

The only differance between his and guerra was simpson was injured way worse and betts was fine. Guerras pretty much a thug though

mick_k25

4 weeks given recent events.  And I think it's worse than reckless. He actually jumped off the ground at him not just ran into him.

Colliwobblers

most AFL players will leave the ground going into a bump, way more impact.

and that is fine, a hard bump between hip and shoulder is FINE.

the fact he hit him in the head means he is in serious trouble. wasnt intentional high contact wellingham isnt like that, his record and the photo with him and simpson together after the game prove he is a decent bloke who doesnt go around hurting people deliberately.

still reckless, high, high impact, medical report should see him get 4 in my oppinion and his record will see that decreased to 2 or 3? not certain how the points work but an early guilty plea and a 5 year spotless record is part of the MRP process.

The Bomber

Just reading over again past MRP reports and edited the way the MRP will see the bump...

HappyDEZ

Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 07, 2012, 09:51:40 AM
most AFL players will leave the ground going into a bump, way more impact.

and that is fine, a hard bump between hip and shoulder is FINE.

the fact he hit him in the head means he is in serious trouble. wasnt intentional high contact wellingham isnt like that, his record and the photo with him and simpson together after the game prove he is a decent bloke who doesnt go around hurting people deliberately.

still reckless, high, high impact, medical report should see him get 4 in my oppinion and his record will see that decreased to 2 or 3? not certain how the points work but an early guilty plea and a 5 year spotless record is part of the MRP process.
I think this is a pretty reasonable assessment Colliwobbles. Unfortunately for Wellingham the medical report will not help which seems of the utmost importance at the MRP. Also, it is the first such incident, as in eyes off the ball, high contact KO that I can remember this year so he may be made an example of. In his favour is his excellent record. In conclusion: most likely he will accept a 4 match ban with an early guilty plea.

HappyDEZ

To add to that, just read Kade has a fractured jaw. Gotta get 4? yeah?

Ziplock

I dunno, it looked intention to me colli.

KoopKicka

Cheers Sharrod, just flowered up my DT for the next 4 weeks with Kade out.  >:(