what to do with zaha & should i bring in yarran?

Started by Jay, July 06, 2012, 05:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

what would you do in my situation? please read my opening post before voting

(hold zaha) ellis > yarran
(keep s.shaw as D7 for now ) zaha > roughy/pav/robbo/bennell/lewis/rok/goodes
(double trade) ellis > yarran & zaha > roughy/pav/robbo/bennell/lewis/rok/goodes
(double trade) ellis > suckling/fisher/newman/hibberd & zaha > sylvia
(save cash) ellis > yarran & zaha > sylvia
dont trade

Jay

howdy guys...really need some help on this one!

I am a game clear 1st in my league so im in a good position and a top 4 position is pretty much wrapped up :)

here is my team at full strength:
3k.    4trades.     League(1)
Goddard deledio shaw broughton johnson scotland shaw <ellis darley>
Ablett pendles boy selwood priddis dal-santo <gibson dsmith>
Mumford giles <campbell orren>
Buddy sidebottom dangerfield martin cloke zaharakis zorko <milera adams>

Obviously God, Pendles, Zaha, Dusty will be out of the lineup...at least all are short-term, well apart from Zaha anyway (4-5 weeks away)

What would you do? let me know if u voted and ill cheer you :)

Rowy

Nice side mate, gotta go with Yarran and Sylvia. Save the money and get 2 quality players that are about improve greatly. Then use money on upgrading Giles later in season.

Jay

Quote from: Rowy on July 06, 2012, 05:22:20 PM
Nice side mate, gotta go with Yarran and Sylvia. Save the money and get 2 quality players that are about improve greatly. Then use money on upgrading Giles later in season.
2 trades remaining  :o that freaks me out! ahaha

cheers mate

Jay

107 views but only 4 votes  :o please help guys, id really appreciate it!

T Dog

Zaha out...and any one Goodes brought in there Jayman.. :o

Knowall

not much point on holding on upgrades just for the sake of it, so i think doing a double upgrade is they way to go.

Generally the prem fwds are averaging more than the defender ones, I reckon Sylvia and Yarran could average pretty similar and id probally give a slight edge to Yarran this year.  Thats why i chose the third option.  WHich fwd? I dont know tossing up the same question.

Jay

Quote from: T Dog on July 06, 2012, 06:02:00 PM
Zaha out...and any one Goodes brought in there Jayman.. :o
ok thanks mate :) just to be clear, not goodes? your post doesnt really flow perfectly so im not 100% sure what you mean..

what prem. fwd would you take?

Jay

Quote from: Knowall on July 06, 2012, 06:04:30 PM
not much point on holding on upgrades just for the sake of it, so i think doing a double upgrade is they way to go.

Generally the prem fwds are averaging more than the defender ones, I reckon Sylvia and Yarran could average pretty similar and id probally give a slight edge to Yarran this year.  Thats why i chose the third option.  WHich fwd? I dont know tossing up the same question.
thanks heaps mate :)
double upgrade = 2 trades for remainder of season...argh!!!!

ok so ellis > yarran & zaha > fwd listed in poll (that's a tough one, leaning towards Rough)

Knowall

Im assuming youre going to upgrade ellis/shaw at some stage, so you might as well do it now.  I dont think youll get another option like Yarran at a price like his for the rest of the season

roo boys!

Yep, do the double trade for Yarran and a prem forward.

Ellis -> Yarran
Zaha -> Roughy

2 trades but a gun team. Go for it! :D
The earlier you can finish your team the more points you'll get.

CrowsFan

Yep trade out Zaha. I wasn't planning on doing it, but with the news he will be out for a further 4-5 I decided to cut my losses. Bringing in Bennell myself as a POD :)

EZA100

I would definitly get rid of zaha for maybe roughead or robinson. I still reckon that ellis and s.shaw have a bit more money to make but if you wanna save using the money for the upgrade on s.shaw or ellis than do s.shaw to yarren.

Jay

Ok the double trade seems good!

ellis > yaz
zaha > roughy

thanks a lot everyone :)

Jay

Quote from: Jayman on July 06, 2012, 06:38:06 PM

ellis > yaz
zaha > roughy

scrap that. Im leaning towards just getting roughy...

roo boys!

Quote from: Jayman on July 06, 2012, 06:43:01 PM
Quote from: Jayman on July 06, 2012, 06:38:06 PM

ellis > yaz
zaha > roughy

scrap that. Im leaning towards just getting roughy...
Why the change of mind?