How many trades needed after your team is complete? Will cheer

Started by Jroo, July 06, 2012, 04:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will 4 trades be enough with a complete team?

Yes
23 (88.5%)
No
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Jroo

Hi, how many trades do you think is needed after you have a complete team? ATM I have 6 trades but will problay be doing 2:
Redden to Campbell and Spurr to Carrazzo leaving me with 4 trades and a team like:
Deledio Goddard Waters Carrazzo Birchall Broughton Lake (Smedts S.Shaw)
Ablett Swan Pendlebury Priddis Dal Santo Sloane (Williams Gibson)
Goldstein Maric ( Big O Campbell)
Buddy Sidebottom Beams Pav Dangerfield Martin Zorko (Dickson Crozier)
I will not need to do any more upgrades, so will 4 trades be enough for the rest of the year for upgrades?
Or should I just do 1 trade in Dickson to Carrazzo in one trade but won't have good bench cover at all.
Thanks and will cheer!!

disco1992

four should be plenty and your team looks strong you need dickson as your forward bench because crozier is ouut for the season and smedts isnt great cover. i would do the two trades i have 2 trades left but have zorko and adams as m7/f8

Bodi

It depends if you are going for overall points or a league tournament win.

For overall points you'd probably need to keep a trade up your sleeve for every 2 rounds that are left - mainly for LTIs or the odd doughnut that will pop up if your bench players are out. This would work out to be about 4-5 trades from now.

For a league tournament win, you'd ideally want to start the finals with 3-4 trades. Usually by this stage, a lot of people start to run out of trades, so having those 3 or 4 trades up your sleeve will help if a premium player misses a week during finals. For a league tournament win, sideways trades during the finals are perfectly acceptable because you are going for the maximim number of round points as possible - and all you are really aiming to do is win the match to progress to the next round.

Currently I am coming 66th overall and winning my league (the league which could net me $550) and also still in the eliminator. This makes it really hard to pick a strategy. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that every decision I make gets me the most amount of points to keep me competitive in everything! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH lol

robmitchell01

Quote from: disco1992 on July 06, 2012, 05:18:55 PM
four should be plenty and your team looks strong you need dickson as your forward bench because crozier is ouut for the season and smedts isnt great cover. i would do the two trades i have 2 trades left but have zorko and adams as m7/f8

Since when is Crozier out for the season? I thought it was just illness.

Jroo

Quote from: robmitchell01 on July 06, 2012, 05:49:22 PM

He might have glandular fever. If so he will be out for a while

robmitchell01

Quote from: JROO8 on July 06, 2012, 05:50:49 PM
Quote from: robmitchell01 on July 06, 2012, 05:49:22 PM

He might have glandular fever. If so he will be out for a while

Wow, never heard anything about that. I hope that's not the case but thanks anyway.

T Dog

Its the strength of your completed Team and how early you have it done that will win you the most league games and get you in best position going into the finals there Jroo8. At that end of the season just how many of the leagues you are in are so strong that they can cover any calamity better than you can? My experience is that late season dramas are felt by most teams, better to have the wins locked away early..imo.. :o

Jroo

Quote from: T Dog on July 06, 2012, 05:57:49 PM
Its the strength of your completed Team and how early you have it done that will win you the most league games and get you in best position going into the finals there Jroo8. At that end of the season just how many of the leagues you are in are so strong that they can cover any calamity better than you can? My experience is that late season dramas are felt by most teams, better to have the wins locked away early..imo.. :o
So T dog will 4 be enough? :s

Jroo

Quote from: JROO8 on July 06, 2012, 06:02:44 PM
Quote from: T Dog on July 06, 2012, 05:57:49 PM
So T dog will 4 be enough?    ???

T Dog

Yep..and will be the envy of quite a few coaches of "lesser" teams ...can you actually relax with 4 trades, a strong team, and a couple of months of itchy trade finger if anything happens? If you can then :o go for it, sit back and enjoy the ride..lol..I would.. :o

Jroo

Quote from: T Dog on July 06, 2012, 06:08:52 PM
Yep..and will be the envy of quite a few coaches of "lesser" teams ...can you actually relax with 4 trades, a strong team, and a couple of months of itchy trade finger if anything happens? If you can then :o go for it, sit back and enjoy the ride..lol..I would.. :o
Yep I think I can thanks T Dog. Or should I just use 1 trade but won't have Dickson as bench cover and still have Spurr. But will have 5 trades left

T Dog

I think you need a Dickson or similar as Crozier is out for the season apparently..

roo boys!

I have 5 trades left and my on field team is finished but bench is weak, I have the cash to go Elliott -> Goodes in a few weeks and then I will officially be finished with 22 premiums and Zorko/Martin on the bench either F8 and M7 swapping with Sexton.

If McIntyre impresses I might go Sexton -> McIntyre, but not too sure about that one.

Either way, 4 trades left with a finished team is fine. I reckon you should go for it and trade out Spurr, bench cover like Dickson will come in handy.