How much is the $ value of a trade

Started by Andrew, July 06, 2012, 02:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

From the SC boards:

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,64176.msg0/boardseen.html#new

$173k was the calculation, that would've been very close to my estimate on how much a trade is worth.

bowyanger

Lots of assumptions....I started to do it a month or so ago (Im an engineer) and copped a fair bit of ridicule on this website (meh...I dont care  :P)

After about 15 minutes...the more I considered...the more  I came to the conclusion it was nearly impossible to put a $ figure against a trade

Grannyboy

I think you can divide trade value into 2 categories: overall and league value. Trading for an overall win you will have to spread them out evenly over the season to get the best value but also be able to cover the dreaded doughie. That's probably where they get their figure from. I like to think mine are worth a little more than than that just under 190k on sc, 170k on dt or so.
But if you are trading for a league win and you're top 4, you can afford to save trades and you win your 1st final, the value of 4 trades in the final 2 weeks can be priceless especially with injuries to big name players and the resting of star players in the last round of the season proper.

Ricochet

in terms of making money for League wins, i try and stay away from downgrading anyone thats under 300k (to a 100k rook) so my personal value is about 200k.
God i love mid season 85k rookies that get elevated. That extra 15k is so handy, thank you Couch