Main Menu

Ask Jayman

Started by Jay, July 06, 2012, 01:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Afternoon guys....friday arvo's are always hectic especially in the world of supercoach...so if anyone has any problems or needs some advice ill help as best i can :)

Gooooooo

Jroo

Hey Jay, I can't decide what to do. Trade Dickson to Carrazzo straight up using 1 trade and leaving me with 5 trades. Then I will have a complete team but not the best bench. Spurr S.Saw Williams Gibson Redden Orren Crozier Smedts. Should I use 2 trades to do Redden to Campbell and Spurr to Carrazzo leaving me with 4 trades but keeping Dickson. Not sure what to do

Jay

Quote from: JROO8 on July 06, 2012, 01:34:07 PM
Hey Jay, I can't decide what to do. Trade Dickson to Carrazzo straight up using 1 trade and leaving me with 5 trades. Then I will have a complete team but not the best bench. Spurr S.Saw Williams Gibson Redden Orren Crozier Smedts. Should I use 2 trades to do Redden to Campbell and Spurr to Carrazzo leaving me with 4 trades but keeping Dickson. Not sure what to do
hmmm a tough question...question is: 'a R3 (campbell) VS extra trade' if i read it correctly! IMO i think the tradr can be better used late in season...who knows, campbell might be dropped next week  :P

Degsman

Hey jayman,

This week, as is a lot of people, I am looking to get in carrazo. In order to do this I need to downgrade and upgrade.
Firstly, who should I downgrade Mcdonald to? McIntyre? Or...?

Secondly, who should I upgrade, Ellis, darley or Sam shaw?

Thanks in advance :)

Jroo

Quote from: Jayman on July 06, 2012, 01:40:01 PM
hmmm a tough question...question is: 'a R3 (campbell) VS extra trade' if i read it correctly! IMO i think the tradr can be better used late in season...who knows, campbell might be dropped next week  :P
Sorry the question is more an extra trade vs keeping Dickson as f8 and trading Spurr who is useless

Jay

Quote from: Degsman on July 06, 2012, 01:40:33 PM
Hey jayman,

This week, as is a lot of people, I am looking to get in carrazo. In order to do this I need to downgrade and upgrade.
Firstly, who should I downgrade Mcdonald to? McIntyre? Or...?

Secondly, who should I upgrade, Ellis, darley or Sam shaw?

Thanks in advance :)
well the carazo trade depends on teams tonight e.g darley is on extended bench...so wait & see on that one, come back and ask me if that doesnt solve your problem. As for the mcdonald trade...i think murdoch from the cats looks a better option than mcintyre mate

Jay

Quote from: JROO8 on July 06, 2012, 01:43:07 PM
Quote from: Jayman on July 06, 2012, 01:40:01 PM
Sorry the question is more an extra trade vs keeping Dickson as f8 and trading Spurr who is useless
oh ok :) well i still think hold...personally the trade could be better used late in season...up to you, good luck :)

FonFatty

Will Tom Campbell have a similar output as Giles?
Looking at downgrading Giles > Campbell and using him as 2nd ruck for the one week.
With my other trade Old Mac > Watson.
I can downgrade Redden but I am looking at the coin, I wanted to eventually upgrade Giles to a Maric/Ryder/Goldy but with the coin he will lose if I continue to play him I might not have enough to do this. As for Redden he isnt playing so he wont be losing coin.
So yeah am thinking at pulling the trigger now on Giles, use Campbell as 2nd ruck for the one week (if he performs well will hold off on the Redden upgrade until just before finals).
Have 7 trades left and my midfield will be set (GAJ, Swan, Pendles, Watson, Jelwood, Priddis)
Week after I will downgrade Saad to rookie and if required Redden to Prem ruck.

Jay

Quote from: FonFatty on July 06, 2012, 01:47:25 PM
Will Tom Campbell have a similar output as Giles?
Looking at downgrading Giles > Campbell and using him as 2nd ruck for the one week.
With my other trade Old Mac > Watson.
I can downgrade Redden but I am looking at the coin, I wanted to eventually upgrade Giles to a Maric/Ryder/Goldy but with the coin he will lose if I continue to play him I might not have enough to do this. As for Redden he isnt playing so he wont be losing coin.
So yeah am thinking at pulling the trigger now on Giles, use Campbell as 2nd ruck for the one week (if he performs well will hold off on the Redden upgrade until just before finals).
Have 7 trades left and my midfield will be set (GAJ, Swan, Pendles, Watson, Jelwood, Priddis)
Week after I will downgrade Saad to rookie and if required Redden to Prem ruck.
no i dont think campbell will have a similar output as Giles. Giles has excellent JS and still imo should average more than tom
however i would still do the trade...if its only for a week or two until you get another premium ruck

good luck :)

Bringing in Carrazzo for Moris.
What do you think about these trades I'm considering,
Considering bringing in Gibson for McDonald or Lewis for McDonald. The Lewis trade will give me the mid/fwd link enabling me to put him in the fwd line so I have D. Smith as cover incase budy dosen't play (otherwise will have no cover if buddy dosen't play).
The Gibson trade will pocket me cash, and it seems he has fairly good JS.
Thanks,   

glam77

my team:

lids, hurn, waters, suckling, nicholson, shaw, darley (god, spurr)

watson, mitchell, boyd, judd, priddis, zorko (pendles, gibson)

cox, giles (redden, O)

franklin, sidebottom, danger, beams, pav, robo, johno (porps, crozier)

5trades, 91.8k

my question....
do you think it is of greater concern to upgrade my backs or my ruck?

i would like to be able to go get ruff'ead in the ruck and another premium back.
any suggestion on a suitable route.?

i v'e confused myself.

EZA100

hey jayman can't decide on if i should trade i not. I've got 2 trades left and 209k if i upgrade mcdonald to a prem mid then i have 521k to spend and I'm going for overall just want a decent position.

DEF - DELEDIO, GODDARD, JOHNSON, ENRIGHT, LAKE, WATERS, S.SHAW, ELLIS, BUNTINE
MID - ABLETT, BOYD, COTCHIN, PENDLEBURY, HAYES, MCDONALD, MAGNER, MORABITO
RUC - NAITANUI, JACOBS, JENKINS, LONGER
FWD - FRANKLIN, MARTIN, DANGERFIELD, SIDEBOTTOM, BROWN, ZORKO, TRELOAR, CROZIER, KENNEDY

i was thinking of going for judd so i have a bit of money to use on my last trade or do i go for griffin or selwood around the 500k mark?

Jay

Quote from: 4820 on July 06, 2012, 02:06:19 PM
Bringing in Carrazzo for Moris.
What do you think about these trades I'm considering,
Considering bringing in Gibson for McDonald or Lewis for McDonald. The Lewis trade will give me the mid/fwd link enabling me to put him in the fwd line so I have D. Smith as cover incase budy dosen't play (otherwise will have no cover if buddy dosen't play).
The Gibson trade will pocket me cash, and it seems he has fairly good JS.
Thanks,   
i think the gibson trade is a good idea, lewis can wait. fingers crossed buddy plays :)

Jay

Quote from: glam77 on July 06, 2012, 02:09:32 PM
my team:

lids, hurn, waters, suckling, nicholson, shaw, darley (god, spurr)

watson, mitchell, boyd, judd, priddis, zorko (pendles, gibson)

cox, giles (redden, O)

franklin, sidebottom, danger, beams, pav, robo, johno (porps, crozier)

5trades, 91.8k

my question....
do you think it is of greater concern to upgrade my backs or my ruck?

i would like to be able to go get ruff'ead in the ruck and another premium back.
any suggestion on a suitable route.?

i v'e confused myself.
you need a back ASAP. carrots is a great option and yarran is a good option.....giles can hold down R2 for a couple more weeks, but your priority must be backs at the moment, i mean nicholson/shaw/darley shouldnt be starting, well maybe nicholson can be a D7...wouldnt want yarran & nicholson starting tho so get carrazo :) redden > campbell can free up some cash if needed

Jay

Quote from: EZA100 on July 06, 2012, 02:10:26 PM
hey jayman can't decide on if i should trade i not. I've got 2 trades left and 209k if i upgrade mcdonald to a prem mid then i have 521k to spend and I'm going for overall just want a decent position.

DEF - DELEDIO, GODDARD, JOHNSON, ENRIGHT, LAKE, WATERS, S.SHAW, ELLIS, BUNTINE
MID - ABLETT, BOYD, COTCHIN, PENDLEBURY, HAYES, MCDONALD, MAGNER, MORABITO
RUC - NAITANUI, JACOBS, JENKINS, LONGER
FWD - FRANKLIN, MARTIN, DANGERFIELD, SIDEBOTTOM, BROWN, ZORKO, TRELOAR, CROZIER, KENNEDY

i was thinking of going for judd so i have a bit of money to use on my last trade or do i go for griffin or selwood around the 500k mark?
hmmm 2 trades with that team? must have been hit by injuries! ideally, you need another preium back, forward and mid! not gonna happen! think i prem. mid would be the highest priority. andy swallow would be the pick of the bunch if your calculations are correct......1 trade for the rest of the year sit alright with you? wouldnt with me  :P