Zaharakis - Extended injury

Started by jamez_1983, July 06, 2012, 12:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamez_1983

Hirdy has finally spoken more of Zaharakis’ injury, that up until now has only been called a ‘quad’
He mentioned it as a quad tendon tear.
Of which he has had a setback.
Drumroll......
Out for 4-5 more weeks.

Urge to kill rising

colmullet

H1bb3i2d

Oh well, I now know who to keep out of Walker or Zaha - the cheaper one. Was gonna keep Zaha up until this. Funnily enough brought in Zaha at 480k instead of Beams at 520k. FMSC

And as a Bomber, flower, we really need him in our midfield as that quality outside player to help Stanton out, as well as kicking goals!!

Ringo

Interesting now that Tendon is mentioned - McGrath from Brisbane is also mentioned as a tendon tear as well and they are talking season. Fair enough Zaha has had a few weeks start though on rehab.

roo boys!

Makes me glad I traded him out as soon as he did it, seems to be the only good injury related decision I've made this year!

H1bb3i2d

Is the 4-5 weeks something you think or something someone from Essendon said??

And did he have a genuine setback or were we just unaware of the injury initially??

Sorry to be all nosey just confirming a few points, will make my trading decisions, as well as a curious supporter!!

jamez_1983

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on July 06, 2012, 12:26:26 PM
Is the 4-5 weeks something you think or something someone from Essendon said??

And did he have a genuine setback or were we just unaware of the injury initially??

Sorry to be all nosey just confirming a few points, will make my trading decisions, as well as a curious supporter!!

Hird said it in an interview played on SEN
He said he had a minor setback and that he will be out for another 4-5 to make sure he recovers completely.

H1bb3i2d

Ok was just clarifying sorry, haha but thanks heaps for that info, disappointing news for him, hope he's back firing for finals

brownmans muffins

farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk
went Zaha instead of Chappy / Beams. fk.
hope he pumps up for the business end of season...yikes.
am going to prol grab Goodes next week in the mids to hide Zaha fwd/mid depending on other outs.

glam77

another notch on the belt of  'the weapon'

Torress

Quote from: glam77 on July 06, 2012, 01:12:56 PM
another notch on the belt of  'the weapon'

bit harsh - i think he is the reason bombers have jumped the ranks in many key stats - especially contested possies/clearances. perhaps they have pushed the players too hard - but i'd rather a handful of tweaks than bone issues carlton have copped this year!!

in the long run, many of the young bombers will benefit from the bulking up now, well i hope!!

Danstar

Traded out last night even before I heard this news. Every player I've traded this year with an injury that was expected to keep them out for at least 2+ weeks I've traded out and then they come back the next week. The players I keep, thinking they will come back soon, they take even longer to get back!