Trade moves for this week.

Started by jamez_1983, July 06, 2012, 09:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamez_1983

Hi Guys,

Just wondering looking fo peoples thoughts on what i should do this week.

DEF: Deledio, Scotland, Broughton, Suckling, Lake, H.Shaw, S.Shaw (Goddard, Darley)
MID: J.Selwood, Ablett, Boyd, S.Thompson, D.Smith, J.Mac (Pendlebury, Gibson)
RUC: Cox, Giles (Campbell, Stephenson)
Fwd: Franklin, Chapman, Sidebottom, Harvey, Porplyzia, Treloar, Patton (Martin, Zaharakis)

8 Trades and $76,000 in the bank.

Was considering Orren->Spencer/DerickX
and D.Smith/JMac->J.Lewis

Really not sure this week and have some tough matches coming up on the run home.
cheers for good advice!

enzedder

I'd trade out both JMac and D Smith...get a cheapie and a premium midfielder. Newman WCE (played one game for 40 something & playing this week too so might give some cover if he keeps playing) and JP Kennedy Syd.
McIntyre is playing first game for Adelaide this week another cheapie to consider.

jamez_1983

Thanks Enzedder,
I was trying to avoid that trade just yet as i have no room for dead wood on my mid bench.
I can hide a cheap rook in R4.
I dont think McIntyre or Newman have good JS.
and would rather my rook downgrade be to someone with better Js and better prospects like Clifton, morabito etc (if they get a game!)

The Bomber

No love for Swanny? He is a gun, especially in the second half of the season, and is worth the extra dough. All your other lines are virtually set, just your midfield you are leaking points. What Enzedder suggested just Swanny over JPK

If your worried about bench cover get a DPP mid/fwd rookie. Even is he doesn't get games it allows you to play Treloar (if Gibson doesn't play as well) or a premium mid/fwd and play Patton on the field. Patton should play out the rest of the season barring injuries.

enzedder

Quote from: The Bomber on July 06, 2012, 11:02:43 AM
No love for Swanny? He is a gun, especially in the second half of the season, and is worth the extra dough. All your other lines are virtually set, just your midfield you are leaking points. What Enzedder suggested just Swanny over JPK

If your worried about bench cover get a DPP mid/fwd rookie. Even is he doesn't get games it allows you to play Treloar (if Gibson doesn't play as well) or a premium mid/fwd and play Patton on the field. Patton should play out the rest of the season barring injuries.
Can't afford Swanny hence the JPK recommendation ;)

jamez_1983

Ok, spanner in the works.
Hirdy has come out and sadi Zaka is out for another 4-5.

Should i go orren->derickX/Spencer
Zaka->beams

then next week go Jmac>swan/jpk via another down grade (murdoch at this stage..)

enzedder

Quote from: jamez_1983 on July 06, 2012, 03:01:44 PM

Zaka->beams

then next week go Jmac>swan/jpk via another down grade (murdoch at this stage..)
trade Zaha for Beams for sure. Think you are about 20k short to do it in one trade so a second is necessary but I wouldn't trade out orren. Cox and Giles have been a winning combo to date. Think Giles has missed just the one game whilst Cox has played every round. With Campbell you have present cover. Your 4th ruck is a waste and besides the $ you don't achieve anything else player wise. Better off downgrading JMac or Smith IMO. McIntyre has DPP and would allow you flexibility even if he doesn't play or isn't required on the field.

jamez_1983

Quote from: enzedder on July 06, 2012, 03:20:18 PM
Quote from: jamez_1983 on July 06, 2012, 03:01:44 PM

Zaka->beams

trade Zaha for Beams for sure. Think you are about 20k short to do it in one trade so a second is necessary but I wouldn't trade out orren. Cox and Giles have been a winning combo to date. Think Giles has missed just the one game whilst Cox has played every round. With Campbell you have present cover. Your 4th ruck is a waste and besides the $ you don't achieve anything else player wise. Better off downgrading JMac or Smith IMO. McIntyre has DPP and would allow you flexibility even if he doesn't play or isn't required on the field.

What about clearing orren out to J.Staley (STK DPP RUC/FWD $94.7K)
Gives me heaps of cash and then trade Zaha to Roughhead?

Leaves me $150K better off than beams which i use next week to bring in another top line premo?

Ringo

Would take the last suggestion for the DPP as additional cover should Giles loose some form.  Will leave you six trades. Probably do not have to trade next week  so sit with cash and pounce when required,  At the moment all your bench players are getting games so good coverage as well.
Leaves you well placed for finals and good luck.