How Should The Byes Be Structured Next Year For DT 2013

Started by Windigo, July 05, 2012, 06:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

I think it's been confirmed that there will be 2 set's of 3 MBR's. Resulting in 6 games of copping doughies & seemingly shower scores. Something has to change for next year in terms how DT structured to make DT fun again.  :P

I think the easiest way is to just play one mega round over the 3 weeks.

Ideas? Maybe we could send our ideas to them?  ???

unceramonius

Maybe "hire a player" for the week.

Basically, what this means is say..you have jobe...he is currently valued at 525 000, he has the bye....you can simply trade him for a same or lesser value player who is playing that week. After lock out, jobe is back in your side.

Same thing with rookies, same or lesser value. After lockout...your original team is back, minus zero trades. However trade a player who is actually playing that week..and it counts as a trade and is saved as normal.

If it is the same crap as this year, were incredibly crap teams beat you, simply because you get punished having a great team...then the popularity will go down.

Windigo

Quote from: unceramonius on July 05, 2012, 06:52:08 PM
Maybe "hire a player" for the week.

Basically, what this means is say..you have jobe...he is currently valued at 525 000, he has the bye....you can simply trade him for a same or lesser value player who is playing that week. After lock out, jobe is back in your side.

Same thing with rookies, same or lesser value. After lockout...your original team is back, minus zero trades. However trade a player who is actually playing that week..and it counts as a trade and is saved as normal.

If it is the same crap as this year, were incredibly crap teams beat you, simply because you get punished having a great team...then the popularity will go down.

That is what I hated about it this year.  :P

But not a bad idea.  ;)

Capper

Has it been confirmed though?? I havent read it anywhere what next years structure actually is. The AFL havent brought it out yet.

Surely it will go back to last year with 1 team having a bye every week with some weeks having multiple teams with the bye

unceramonius

Tell me bout it, undefeated in my leauge all year, then run into a team round 12, who has absolutely zero of watson, beams, selwood, sidey, swan, pendles.....list goes on.

Windigo

I'd say it will happen.

The players association want two bye rounds instead of playing the weaker teams again, I think that's what I read.any way.  :P

Andy D on two MBR's next year:

"Absolutely we support it. There's a strong likelihood that it will (come in) for next year because of the way the fixture is set up," Demetriou said."We could open the season, which I think we are going to do, with some big cracking games at Etihad Stadium, the Richmond-Carlton and the like."Next year we start off with Easter, which is the first round at the traditional end of March."We're working on something that would allow us to start a week earlier without the MCG, because it's unavailable because of the potential for the Sheffield Shield final."We'll have a bit more to say about that."

Capper

Every team had 2 byes last year though, whats wrong with going back to that idea??

fertalong

Quote from: tabs on July 05, 2012, 07:17:19 PM
Every team had 2 byes last year though, whats wrong with going back to that idea??

+1
Increased budget and 33 man squads should minimize the donuts

Capper

Quote from: fertalong on July 06, 2012, 03:30:00 PM
Quote from: tabs on July 05, 2012, 07:17:19 PM

+1
Increased budget and 33 man squads should minimize the donuts
+1 Yep lets keep it like it was last year, its going to  be a struggle anyway as no new teams are joining the league so rookies will be scarce