finishing the backline

Started by HotTiges, July 04, 2012, 08:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

use 2 or 1

Ellis > Yarran gain cash (finish team 4 trades left)
5 (33.3%)
Ellis > Carraz  + Big O > Campbell (3 trades left)
9 (60%)
do nothing / hold trades
1 (6.7%)
other options? please comment..
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

HotTiges

only 5 trades left  and 68k so it's a bit tight

team as  is

Deledio, Johnson, Suckling, Lake, Heppall, Ellis, SShaw (darley, goddard)

Ablett, Swan, S Thompson, Selwood, NDS, Priddis (JMac, kennedy)

NicNat, Giles (redden, big 0)

Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Boomer, Porplyzia, Zorko, DSMith, Smetds (franklin, martin)

team is done apart from the D7 and possible luxury trade of Giles later on. thoughts on the 2 options of taking a risk and grabbing Yarran dirt cheap or forking out a double trade and pick up Carraz? with only 5 trades it's getting tough but would finish my team either way especially if Giles can score pretty well from now... what ya thinking fellas?

ScottieD

Why not take the gamble on Yarran - You will need every bit of those 4 remaining trades that's for damn sure, you'll be kicking yourself using up 2 trades to bring in Carrazzo when you could have gotten Yarran with 1 trade come finals (or potentially before finals!).  That's if Yarran is satisfactorily fit and resumes okay scoring.

If Yarran turns out to be a dud - you can just use him as D8 - at the very least he's capable of big scores - and cheaper than ellis - you can't argue with that value.  I reckon we'll need our D8s, M7s and F8s more than ever this year, just seems to be the way it's going.  Hell I've over catered with Cloke and Zorko both on my bench, yet I'm already needing them both to play with Franklin, Martin out.  I'm considering downgrading Martin for cash and just having 1 good cover option for MIDS/FWDS combined - but honestly it may not be enough.

FYI 2011 SC averages when both were fit:  Carrazzo 93, Yarran 87.  6 points isn't worth 1 of 4 trades.

Carrazzo the safe bet due to form - but using 2 out of 5 remaining trades to get him is not the safe bet.

HotTiges

well thats the thing.. would like to use a trade to upgrade Giles later if possible.. if i can get lucky with Yaz i'd be laughing.. i have to really consider him in my position..

HotTiges

bump.. any other suggestions or thoughts?

Noz

Is Yarran fully over his injury, Didn't he suffer a level 1 turf toe injury? If thats the case i wouldn't pick him up this year as there is a small chance of reoccurrence.

HotTiges

Quote from: Noz on July 05, 2012, 08:58:47 PM
Is Yarran fully over his injury, Didn't he suffer a level 1 turf toe injury? If thats the case i wouldn't pick him up this year as there is a small chance of reoccurrence.

so what do you suggest??

Noz

Quote from: HotTiges on July 05, 2012, 09:00:04 PM

so what do you suggest??

With 5 trades left can you really take a risk lets say you do option 1 and Yarran gets injured
Ellis - Yarran - 4 trades left
(Yarran gets injured)
Rookie downgrade - 3 trades left
Yarran - Premium - 2 trades left

I reckon bring in Carrazzo and Campbell avoid the risks.

enzedder

Carrazzo...all the way. Yarran = too risky.
Getting T Campbell gives you some cover in rucks too should you need it. Big O has dropped off the radar.

caluuum

HotTiges

Quote from: Noz on July 05, 2012, 09:17:50 PM
Quote from: HotTiges on July 05, 2012, 09:00:04 PM

so what do you suggest??

With 5 trades left can you really take a risk lets say you do option 1 and Yarran gets injured
Ellis - Yarran - 4 trades left
(Yarran gets injured)
Rookie downgrade - 3 trades left
Yarran - Premium - 2 trades left

I reckon bring in Carrazzo and Campbell avoid the risks.

that's what im worried about.. all it takes is another toe into the turf and thats that..

like the added bonus of Campbell as well

The Bomber

How much cash do you have to spend on a defender? There are some cheap options out there. Fisher/Puopolo/Hibberd are a few that come to mine which are over 50k cheaper than Carrazzo...

Torress

for what its worth now i too say bring in carrazzo!

yaz's turf toe could haunt him and if carlton aren't making finals late in the season he might be put back on the rack imo for next year!

anyone thinking conca? popular pre season til he got rubbed out in the NAB. hasn't done much but with all the tigers out he finds himself named ruck rover vs melbourne this week. 317k - i'd rather punt on him than yarran to be honest as that D7/8