Main Menu

Cheers and Boos

Started by Spinking, July 04, 2012, 02:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinking

Just wondering what is the go with these.  I understand the concept, but find the way people use it hard to understand.  I've had a stack of boos in the past few days which probably means that my comments haven't been well received, but I generally try to think carefully through what I'm writing, and offer opinions only where they are asked for.

TBH I find it a bit demotivating and have not got involved as much as I might have otherwise.  To balance that though, I do notice that many of the regular contributors have more boos than cheers...

Any thoughts?

Justin Bieber

Yeah I am the king haha.

But yeah I would prefer a rep system.

Holz

Its got nothing to do with the quality of your posting, people use the system as a joke so take nothing from it. if anything it could be a sign that you are taking people in the English that people wanted. I can remember i took someone in the euro draft and than got 10 straight boos.

korza

Im not sure how and why it works, but if it makes you feel any better i'm gonna click on your cheer button  ;)

Spinking

Got it now.  Makes sense seeing my English team is clearly strongest at this stage (expect more boos...)

Just wanted to make sure it wasn't an indication that I should shut up!

Torpedo10

Quote from: Holzman on July 04, 2012, 02:39:03 PM
Its got nothing to do with the quality of your posting, people use the system as a joke so take nothing from it. if anything it could be a sign that you are taking people in the English that people wanted. I can remember i took someone in the euro draft and than got 10 straight boos.
LOL, Which player was it?

Ringo

Yea do not read too much into it at all as I don't.  Keep doing what you are doing and continue to believe in yourself and what you are saying.  It is human nature to boo more than cheer.  Until recently my boos were greater than cheers.
Keep posting mate because that is really what the forum is about a place where we can share views and opinions. Not everyone will agree with you and a word of advice though do not be drawn into slanging tit for tat comments as some do from time to time.
BTW I have enjoyed reading some of your posts and comments so keep them coming.

Jukes

I have a great cheer/boo record I know, almost as good as Jormas

Ziplock

yeah, but that's because jukes didnt shut up about stanton.

monstrum

Yeh my boo's went right up in the last few days lol everytime i log on i got new ones atm lol :-\ 

Ziplock

you basically have to be a ridiculously high quality poster to get even close to a 1:1 cheer:boo ratio lol.

I dunno why mines still so close, I haven't said anything helpful in months :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: monstrum on July 04, 2012, 03:54:52 PM
Yeh my boo's went right up in the last few days lol everytime i log on i got new ones atm lol :-\

I lose track when I get them lol.

I think a month ago I had 738, so I have cleaned up my act a little :P

monstrum

Meh not even worth looking at

CrowsFan

Quote from: Ziplock on July 04, 2012, 04:02:31 PM
you basically have to be a ridiculously high quality poster to get even close to a 1:1 cheer:boo ratio lol.
What does that say about my quality of posts then? :P

Holz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 04, 2012, 02:47:17 PM
Quote from: Holzman on July 04, 2012, 02:39:03 PM
LOL, Which player was it?

i think it was cotchin actually.