WXV Round 13: Battle for the Spoon?

Started by ossie85, July 04, 2012, 09:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

It is very likely the battle for the spoon this week! Dublin have not had good form of late, but a win would see them 2 games clear of PNL. PNL on the other hand have been desperately unlucky for much of the season, having scored more than 5 other teams, but remain in last place. I would be backing PNL to get off the bottom here.

New Delhi have only won 2 of the last 8 and are reaching crisis point, a loss would almost end final hopes. However, the Pumas are a nightmare team to face, though there form of late has been down.

Beijing travel to Mexico to face the injury plagued Suns. However, the depth of Mexico City is impressive and you should beware a wounded animal. A loss to Beijing would see either Buenos Aires or Seoul replace them in the 4, a win could see them climb to third. If Mexico City are any chance of taking the Minor Premiership, they can't drop a match.

The Cape Town midfield scares me. But so does Moscow's form. Despite winning 7 of the last 8 matches, Moscow is only tentatively in the 8, and a loss would see them out. Cape Town sit in third position, and could almost cement a top 4 spot with a win here. Match of the round for me.

5th v 6th as Buenos Aires host Seoul. Both teams in good form of late, with Dane Swan proving a force for Buenos Aires. A win pushes for top 4, a loss sees either team in danger of missing out.

What has happened to the Warriors? Seemingly a top 4 certainty a few weeks ago, Wellington faces a do or die against the inconsistent but dangerous London Royals, who will be equally as desperate.

The Wolves are hoping to welcome back captain Scott Pendlebury as they host the Berlin Brewers. The last 3 weeks for the Brewers with skipper Buddy Franklin on fire, however the rumour is Buddy may miss. Will be tough for the Brewers to snatch a victory here.

New York are planning for next season, but Tokyo need victories to keep there faint finals hopes alive.

Although both teams are on 5-7, the form lines couldn't be more different. Cairo has won 3 matches in a row, and topped scored last week, while Pacific has plummeted from the top 4 earlier in the season. Both sides aren't likely to make the finals, but a loss eliminates basically all chances.

Round 13

Home Team   Score      Score   Away Team   Location

Moscow Spetsnaz   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Cape Town Cobras   Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow
Toronto Wolves   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Berlin Brewers   Rogers Centre, Toronto
Wellington Warriors   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   London Royals   The Basin Reserve
Buenos Aires Armadillos   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Seoul Magpies   Estadio de River
New Delhi Tigers    0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Sao Paulo Pumas   Tata Stadium, New Dehli
Pacific Islanders   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Cairo Sands   Oakley Arena, Tonga
Mexico City Suns   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Beijing Bears   Fireball Stadium, Mexico City
New York Eagles   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Tokyo Samurai   MetLife Stadium, New Jersey, USA
Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Dublin Destroyers   Stade de Gerland

Justin Bieber

ossie85

Captain Brett Deledio - named in the best players in 11 of 12 matches this year, Vice-Captain and named in the best for EurAsia and 6 teams of the week - has been leading the team with pride. If Lids doesn't make team of the year, I'll chuck a tanty! 3 wins a row, and looking to make it 4, against a very tough opponent in Buenos Aires away this week.

Deledio leads a defence that includes veterans Matty Scarlett and Jason Gram, while Chris Yarran looks to have recovered from his injuries earlier in the year and pushes out Nick Maxwell.

Ryan Griffen's best is elite, however he does have a tendency to drop some weeks, but will get the VC again and heads a midfield that includes veteran Jude Bolton who is in terrific form, youngster Jack Steven who is having a break-out year and Cats triple premiership star James Kelly. Joining them on the bench are #1 picks Bryce Gibbs and Tom Scully, who have been steadily improving after indifferent starts to the year. Liam Anthony continues to put pressure on the midfield, and is unlucky to miss out.

Ben McEvoy was Seoul's best last week, and is key to Seoul's finals aspirations. Brent Renouf is injured, with Dawson Simpson named as an emergency in line for his debut.

Patrick Dangerfield's recent weeks have been slightly down, and he knows it, but still remains Seoul's #1 forward. Hayden Ballantyne and Chris Dawes retain their place, while Alwyn Davey returns from suspension, replacing the injured Luke Power. Charlie Dixon named as emergency, and remains a chance to make his debut this year. Power, Rhys Stanley, Brent Macaffer and Lachlan Keeffe are 4 forwards currently on the injury list, and the depth is being tested.

D: B Deledio (Capt), M Scarlett, J Gram, C Yarran

M: R Griffen (V-Capt), J Bolton, J Steven, J Kelly

R: B McEvoy

F: P Dangerfield, H Ballantyne, C Dawes, Alwyn Davey

I: B Gibbs, L Anthony

E: N Maxwell, D Simpson, C Dixon

In: C Yarran, A Davey, L Anthony
Out: N Maxwell (omitted), L Power (injured), T Scully (injured)

Purple 77

roo boys!

ossie85

Quote from: roo boys! on July 05, 2012, 12:07:39 PM
Pendles ruled out again :'(

2 weeks me ass. Damn you Pendles, my SC team is suffering!

meow meow

Moscow Spetsnaz

B: Heath Shaw, Dustin Fletcher, James Frawley, Brodie Smith
C: Dayne Beams, Harley Bennell, Adam Treloar, Ryan Bastinac
R: Nic Naitanui (C)
F: Jonathan Brown, Shaun Higgins, Allen Christensen (vc), Justin Sherman
I: Tom Liberatore, Ben Sinclair

E: Tori Dickson, Brandon Matera, Steven Morris

Out: Jason Blake (ankle), Jordan Roughead (omitted), Dustin Martin (rested)
In: Brodie Smith, Justin Sherman, Ben Sinclair

FisherSaints

Defender   I   Geary, Jarryn
Defender   II   Duigan, Nick
Defender   III   Merrett, Daniel
Defender   IV   Enright, Corey 
Midfielder   V   Rockliff, Tom
Midfielder   VI   Lonergan, Sam
Midfielder   VII   Zorko, Dayne
Midfielder   VIII   Dalsanto, Nic 
Ruck   IX            Hille, David
Forward   X   Harvey, Brent
Forward   XI   Koschitzke, Justin 
Forward   XII   Ebert, Brett
Forward   XIII   Murdoch, Jordan
Interchange   XIV   Edwards, Shaun
Interchange   XV   Palmer, Rhys

Emergency      
I   Polec, Jared
II   Miller, Brad
III   Ugle, Kirk

Captain   Rockliff, Tom
Vice Captain Dalsanto, Nic 

Maca24

Mexico City Suns

Backs: S.Gilbert, G.Ibbotson, K.Hardingham, M.Mattner.
Mids: J.Bartel, B.Howlett, B.Ebert, B.McLean
Rucks: I.Maric
Frwds: P.Chapman, A.Goodes, J.Lewis, N.Riewoldt
Bench: M.Firrito, A.Toovey.
Emergencies: M.White, D.Pfieffer, K.Reimers.

Captain: Ivan Maric
Vice: P.Chapman

Yuck!! :/
Out: Goddard, Burgoyne. In: Hardingham, Chapman, Toovey.

MajorLazer

Defender   I   Paul Puopolo
Defender   II   Pearce Hanley
Defender   III   Taylor Hunt
Defender   IV   Sean Dempster
Midfielder   V   Jack Redden
Midfielder   VI   Leigh Montagna
Midfielder   VII   Brad Sewell
Midfielder   VIII   Matt Rosa
Ruck   IX   Todd Goldstein
Forward   X   Leigh Adams
Forward   XI   Danny Stanley
Forward   XII   Josh Hill
Forward   XIII   Jamie Cripps
Interchange   XIV   David Armitage
Interchange   XV   Chris Masten

Emergency   
   I   Sharrod Wellingham
   II   James Polkinghorne
V      Shaun Hampson

Captain   Brad Sewell
   Vice-Captain   Danny Stanley

Holz

dont think i can find an emergency, strugling with thompson, malceski and thorton all out so it means hansen needs to be in the backline.

Select YourTeam   
   Your XV   
Defender   I   Troy Chaplin
Defender   II   Nathan Grima
Defender   III   Ryan Schoenmakers
Defender   IV   Brodie Martin
Midfielder   V   Dale Thomas
Midfielder   VI   David Mundy
Midfielder   VII   Michael Barlow
Midfielder   VIII   Callan Ward
Ruck   IX   Shane Mumford
Forward   X   Adam Schneider
Forward   XI   Sam Day
Forward   XII   Lachlan Hansen
Forward   XIII   Ashton Hams
Interchange   XIV   Josh Caddy
Interchange   XV   Shaun Atley

Emergency   
   I   
   II   
   III   

Captain   Dale Thomas
   Vice-Captain   Michael Barlow

CrowsFan

Pumas Round 13 Team

Def - Waters, Fisher, McMahon, Houli
Mid - Ablett, Sloane, Cross, Wallis
Fwd - Roughead, Blair, Whitecross, Wright
Ruck - Jacobs
Int - Griffin, Harwood

Emg - Hannebery, Motlop, Armstrong

Captain - Gary Ablett
Vice Captain - Jarryd Roughead

In - Mitch Wallis, Sam Jacobs, Ryan Harwood
Out - Dan Hannebery, Will Minson, Steven Motlop

New - Ryan Harwood

The defense remains unchanged this week, although Bachar Houli can count himself extremely lucky to be pulling on the Puma jersey and not the Oncilla shirt this round after some poor performances. He has been given an ultimatum by the coach and if he doesn't perform to a high enough standard against the Tigers this round then he will be sent back to Campinas to find some form.

This midfield sees one change with Dan Hannebery making way for the return of rising star Mitch Wallis after a 1 week rest. The entire midfield group know they underperformed last week against the Royals and need to increase their effort this week against a strong midfield lead by Rockliff and Dal Santo. With Ablett in charge expect a quick turnaround from the Puma midfielders.

Just like the defense the forward line remains unchanged. The two Jarryd's, Roughead and Blair, have been in superb form lately and we expect that to continue. Whitecross and Wright have both been serviceable lately yet unspectacular and they know they need to be on top of their game to keep their spots with last weeks rising star nominee Motlop, Porplyzia and young Devon Smith pushing for selection.

To the rucks and interchange and Sam Jacobs returns after a weeks break with big Will Minson being pushed out of the side as part of the ruck rotation policy. Jon Griffin will assist Jacobs with the rucking duties from the bench, whilst we have another debutante this week with Ryan Harwood coming in for his first match for the Pumas. Harwood has been in brilliant form for the reserves, averaging 99.7 over the last 3 rounds and so deserves his chance in the seniors. Unfortunately this meant that Steven Motlop has been pushed back to being an emergency, even after being awarded the rising star nomination last round. Harwood will become the 28th player to represent the Pumas in the inaugural season of the WXV and will be presented with the number 28 shirt just before the match.

In reserves news, it looks like young ruckman Luke Lowden will make his debut for the Oncillas this round, he will be assisted in the ruck duties by Will Minson, whilst defenders Tony Armstrong and Dylan Roberton will be making sure they impress this round in the hope they get called up next round if Houli fails to deliver again.

Go Pumas!!

roo boys!

Toronto Wolves Round 13
Defenders: Jared Rivers, Ted Richards, Michael Johnson, Andrew Carrazzo
Midfielders: Sam Mitchell, Nathan van Berlo, Jack Ziebell, Clint Jones
Ruck: Ben Hudson
Forwards: Jack Riewoldt, David Hale, Taylor Adams, Sam Wright
Interchange: Kieran Harper, Paddy Ryder
Emergencies: Jacob Surjan, Jamie MacMillan, Rohan Bewick
   Captain:   Sam Mitchell
   Vice-Captain:   Jack Ziebell

OUT: Jamison, McGrath, Bootmsa
IN: Adams, MacMillan, Surjan
NEW: Jamie MacMillan

Injured: S.Pendlebury, R.Gray, A.Monfries, A.Embley, B.Johnson, A.McGrath, M.Maguire, M.Jamison, T.Curran.

Hard to field a side with 9 players injured as listed above, 8 of which would normally be in my squad of 18, probably all in the 15 as well. It doesn't help when guys like Pedersen, Toy, Bootsma, Davey, Edwards, Hine, Speight, Clarke, Martyn, Dale, Bell, White, Kelly, Gillbee and Crichton out of favour with their coaches... so basically 24 of my squad of 46 are unavailable for selection, more than half out :P

My 22 available players at the moment are (this is for my own reference really :P):
Carrazzo, M.Johnson, Richards, Rivers, Mitchell, van Berlo, Ziebell, Jones, Hudson, Riewoldt, Hale, Ryder, Wright, Adams, Harper, MacMillan, Surjan, Shaw, Joseph, Bewick, Hickey, and Hall.

My reserves team consists of 7 players this week, those being Surjan, MacMillan, Hall, Hickey, Bewick, Shaw and Jospeh...fair to say at the moment competition for spots at the Wolves is not fierce!

Changes for this week, Jamison and McGrath are forced changes through injury, Ryder comes off the interchange bench and into the forward line for McGrath, while that interchange spot is filed by Taylor Adams.

Jamison is replaced in the XVIII by Surjan. Bootsma being dropped by Carlton means he's out of the XVIII, replaced by Aaron Hall. Rohan Bewick is the only player dropped on form, and he is replaced by possible (if there is a late withdrawal) first gamer Jamie MacMillan. We have found that Bewick has been too inconsistant and MacMillan has been stringing some good performances together in the reserves, thoroughly earning a call up to the XVIII, but he will have to wait a little longer for his debut in the XV.

Late Changes
Ryder moved to the bench for Adams, thanks CF :)
Hall dropped off the extended bench for Gold Coast, third emergency spot filled by Bewick.

CrowsFan

RB I'm going to mention this one last time, so please listen carefully...

Paddy Ryder is not listed as a forward!!!

Every time you play him there you are losing half his points! Put him back on the interchange and move Taylor Adams to the forward line ::)

ossie85

rb, you realise that on average you should only have 7 reserves playing?

18 AFL Teams = 22 players each per week

18 WXV Teams = 15 players each per week, + 7 reserves on average.