Main Menu

Under 18s State Champs

Started by The F.A.R.K., July 04, 2012, 01:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Tominator on July 05, 2012, 01:26:10 PM
Quote from: MTTY on July 05, 2012, 10:05:33 AM
Predicting the first five to be (if the order is as it is now)

#1 - Lachie Whitfield - Gold Coast

#2 - Brodie Grundy* - GWS

#3 - Jack Viney - Melbourne (F/S)

#4 - Jake Stringer - Melbourne

#5 - Jimmy Toumpas - Port Adelaide

* Note if GWS were to finish last i believe they would take Whitfield, GC would take Stringer and Melbourne would take Grundy.

poor Jimmy ahahaha

Ahahaha well the only difference to that id see possible is Jimmy to GWS and Grunds to Port im not complaining either way because they are both stars

Tominator

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on July 06, 2012, 11:02:13 AM
Quote from: Tominator on July 05, 2012, 01:26:10 PM
Quote from: MTTY on July 05, 2012, 10:05:33 AM
Predicting the first five to be (if the order is as it is now)

#1 - Lachie Whitfield - Gold Coast

#2 - Brodie Grundy* - GWS

* Note if GWS were to finish last i believe they would take Whitfield, GC would take Stringer and Melbourne would take Grundy.

poor Jimmy ahahaha

Ahahaha well the only difference to that id see possible is Jimmy to GWS and Grunds to Port im not complaining either way because they are both stars

I reckon Toumpas may go to Melbourne and Dayle Garlett from WA could go in Top 5, not sold on Stringer

The F.A.R.K.

What about the Dal Santo clone? Cant remember his name surely a Dal Santo would go top 5

The F.A.R.K.

And Sam Mayes as a key athletic foward sort of like a pav but would see him at 5 at the highest

Tominator

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on July 06, 2012, 11:10:52 AM
And Sam Mayes as a key athletic foward sort of like a pav but would see him at 5 at the highest
Sam Mayes is a midfielder/forward who should go Top 20 or so, very similar to Nat Fyfe.

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on July 06, 2012, 11:07:59 AM
What about the Dal Santo clone? Cant remember his name surely a Dal Santo would go top 5
The Dal Santo clone was Jack Billings I think? He is an under-age player though so he can't get taken til next year

Noz

So many people could go top 5.

I hope if Boak leaves he goes to Melbourne and we get one of Melbourne's first round Tom Scullys compensation pick. I just hope we can pick up Garlett.

My top 20

1. Lachie Whitfield

2. Jake Stringer

3. Jack Viney

4. Brodie Grundy

5. Jimmy Toumpas

6. Dayle Garlett

7. Nick Vlastuin

8. Josh Simpson

9. Mason Shaw

10. Tanner Smith

11. Sam Mayes

12. Oliver Wines

13.  Ben Kennedy

14. Lachlan Plowman

15. Sam Colquhoun

16. Jonothon O’Rourke

17. Marco Paparone

18.  Sean Lynch

19.  Joe Daniher *

20.  James Stewart*

*Just chucked in Daniher and Stewart anywhere as Essendon/Collingwood should pick them up as F/S with their first round selection respectively. Collingwood may use their 2nd/3rd round pick on him but could go in the first round if they don't commit to him.

MTTY

Top 20 picks in my opinion (as ladder stands now)

#1 - Lachie Whitfield - Gold Coast Suns

#2 - Brodie Grundy - Greater Western Sydney

#6 - Oliver Wines - Western Bulldogs

#7 - Nick Vlastuin - Western Bulldogs

#8 - Dayle Garlett - Fremantle

#9 - Sam Mayes - Brisbane

#10 - Mason Shaw - Richmond

#11 - Sam Colquhoun - St.Kilda

#12 - Ben Kennedy - North Melbourne

#13 - Jonathan O'Rourke - Melbourne

#14 - Marco Paparone - Carlton

#15 - Troy Menzel - Geelong

#16 - Josh Simpson - Hawthorn

#17 - Nathan Hrovat - Adelaide

#18 - Lachlan Plowman - GWS

#19 - Joe Daniher - Essendon  (F/S)

#20 - Shannon Taylor - West Coast

Tominator

nice work Noz, have a cheer

Wines and Kennedy would be absolute steals at Pick 12 & 13, but do you think Stringer really could go Pick 2?

Nice work too MTTY, have a cheer too, but why would Melbourne have Pick 13 as well as 3 and 4? I know 4 would be compo pick for Scully but pick 13 too? Just curious cos I don't actually know

And have Crows used their compo pick for Bock or Davis yet?

Noz

Yes i do Tom i believe he even could squeeze out Whitfield for #1, Kicked 10 goals 7 earlier this year in what was just a dominate play. GC could really use him.

I believe Adelaide traded their compensation pick to secure Brad Crouch in the mini draft so GWS could end up with 2 of Grundy/Stringer/Whitfield

Interesting list MTTY are fairly similar apart from position.

I had Menzel in the 20th spot but decided to put in Stewart instead as Collingwood will be forced to use there first round selection to secure him as a few other clubs may be chasing him in the 2nd round.

Don't know much about Nathan Hrovat to be honest so can't respond to that one. Was selected in the All Australian squad that could bolster his stocks might do a bit of research on him.

I have Taylor just after the 1st round around the 24-25 mark very quick and could play early next year.

P.S Thanks for the cheer have one too, You too MTTY  :)

tbagrocks

Quote from: Tominator on July 07, 2012, 12:58:17 AM
nice work Noz, have a cheer

Wines and Kennedy would be absolute steals at Pick 12 & 13, but do you think Stringer really could go Pick 2?

Nice work too MTTY, have a cheer too, but why would Melbourne have Pick 13 as well as 3 and 4? I know 4 would be compo pick for Scully but pick 13 too? Just curious cos I don't actually know

And have Crows used their compo pick for Bock or Davis yet?
I think one Crow pick went in the Crouch deal, and one to come

Tominator

Hrovat is an inside midfielder who goes to school with Jack Viney, and was given the honour of MVP for Vic Metro for the carnival. Good player who I like the look of a lot, but can't see him cracking the Top 15 of the draft

Noz

I believe you are right tba, They do still have 1 but i don't think they have activated it this year as Western Bulldogs, Greater Western Sydney, Melbourne, (2 picks) Brisbane Lions and Richmond are all the teams i was able to find that have activated their compensation picks already.

Did i a bit of research on Hrovat and found out he is similar to a Jarryd Blair, Just more of a midfielder then forward.

tbagrocks

I think if you have a top 15 pick your going to get a very good player, pitty that the expantion teams are taking all the good tallent these days leaving teams like Melbourne and Port struggling as a result, well done again Andrew D ::)

Noz

So if i understand correctly the top list will go on current positions.

Gold Coast
Greater Western Sydney
Greater Western Sydney *Adelaide's compensation pick*
Melbourne
Melbourne *Compensation pick*
Port Adelaide
Western Bulldogs
Western Bulldogs *Compensation pick*

tbagrocks

Quote from: Noz on July 07, 2012, 01:21:27 AM
So if i understand correctly the top list will go on current positions.

Gold Coast
Greater Western Sydney
Greater Western Sydney *Adelaide's compensation pick*
Melbourne
Melbourne *Compensation pick*
Port Adelaide
Western Bulldogs
Western Bulldogs *Compensation pick*
Westerd Sydney's compo pick from Adelaide was a end of round one pick (Davis)

it would be sad if Port don't get their "deserved" top 5 pick, looks like Melbourne will do well out of all the mess

GC & GWS need senior players badly, how many picks will they offer to get some players?