Main Menu

Under 18s State Champs

Started by The F.A.R.K., July 04, 2012, 01:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The F.A.R.K.

Who has been watching this lately and seeing all the fresh faces to hit the AFL next year. Personally I reckon SA will take it out but it will depend if they can best Vic Country tomorrow. Which players have impressed you? I have been to both home games in SA and have oicked up on a few names for next year, as well as follwoing the stats and broadcats on foxtel and afl.com.au

From SA the standouts have been

Matt McDonough- Plumpy little foward who obviously enjoys the odd pie can play. Racked up some touches as well as some huge bags including 5 first half goals in one game. Surely this wont go unnoticed by recruiters will go highly

Jimmy Toumpas- The kids name is already up in lights with Whitfields but he hasnt had a carnival to remember. Played well in the first game but has beena  bit off in the last couple. Reckon he might be carrying an injury but still destined for a top 3 pick

Matt Scharenberg- Bit of an outsider but could end up the lachie neale of 2013. Racks up the touches with 20+ touches in all games just struggles with efficiency

Nathan Stark- The blond mop as the sa supporters call him has been a bit of a suprise packet. Could go early in the draft and has got good pace in the middle as well as a good eye for the goals. He probably just lacks size and cant win contested footy

who are the standouts from your state?

Tominator

Jimmy Toumpas is having hip surgery soon so he has been below par over the carnival. Has dominated SANFL and already won a premiership with Woodville West Torrens. Going to be a gun and a steal if he slips out of the Top 5

Matt Scharenberg is not eligible until the 2013 draft as he is a bottom-age player, like James Aish

Sam Colquhoun is the big smokey for mine, averaging just under 30 disposals across the carnival and got 32 last Friday against WA at Kardinia Park.

I did a whole write up on some of the other young guns too in the link below :)

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,63655.0.html

The F.A.R.K.

Aish and Scahrenber will go high then because they are already among the best this year. Toumpas wont slip past top 5 even if he is injured he is just that good

Ziplock

toumpas picked up 99 dt points injured.

meow meow

Mayes deserves a mention if you're going to talk about the SA boys.

Grundy could go at #1 if GWS finish on the bottom.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Tominator on July 04, 2012, 03:27:24 PM
Jimmy Toumpas is having hip surgery soon so he has been below par over the carnival. Has dominated SANFL and already won a premiership with Woodville West Torrens. Going to be a gun and a steal if he slips out of the Top 5

Matt Scharenberg is not eligible until the 2013 draft as he is a bottom-age player, like James Aish

Sam Colquhoun is the big smokey for mine, averaging just under 30 disposals across the carnival and got 32 last Friday against WA at Kardinia Park.

SHUSH ABOUT COLQUHOUN.
He and Aish and Hrovat are locks.

Ziplock

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Ziplock on July 04, 2012, 08:18:57 PM
Aish is underaged isnt he?
NOOOOOOOO
I'm really interested in Daniel Van De Werken. If he finds a touch of consistency he will be great.

McRooster

Watch out for Grundy (SA), gave the female goal umpire a beautiful Falcon!! and Brad Crouch's brother (Vic Country?)  ;)

Tominator

Aish, Matt Scharenberg and Matt Crouch are all bottom-aged players so cannot be drafted til next year!

Hrovat can be taken this year (and probably will)

James Aish has been getting in the 'best' for Norwood in the SANFL - and Norwood are the best side going around this year
He's better than Bryce Gibbs was at the same age, according to most recruiters

M6 lock for 2014 DT

Tominator

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on July 04, 2012, 08:11:47 PM
Quote from: Tominator on July 04, 2012, 03:27:24 PM

SHUSH ABOUT COLQUHOUN.
He and Aish and Hrovat are locks.

what's wrong with Colqhoun?!

The F.A.R.K.

Grundy is 10x better than longer

MTTY

Predicting the first five to be (if the order is as it is now)

#1 - Lachie Whitfield - Gold Coast

#2 - Brodie Grundy* - GWS

#3 - Jack Viney - Melbourne (F/S)

#4 - Jake Stringer - Melbourne

#5 - Jimmy Toumpas - Port Adelaide

* Note if GWS were to finish last i believe they would take Whitfield, GC would take Stringer and Melbourne would take Grundy.

Tominator

Quote from: MTTY on July 05, 2012, 10:05:33 AM
Predicting the first five to be (if the order is as it is now)

#1 - Lachie Whitfield - Gold Coast

#2 - Brodie Grundy* - GWS

#3 - Jack Viney - Melbourne (F/S)

#4 - Jake Stringer - Melbourne

#5 - Jimmy Toumpas - Port Adelaide

* Note if GWS were to finish last i believe they would take Whitfield, GC would take Stringer and Melbourne would take Grundy.

poor Jimmy ahahaha