1 (7.7%)
Dickson to Newman + Spurr to Yarran
1 (7.7%)
Redden to Campbell + Spurr to Carrazzo
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Jroo

Which trade to do?
Dickson will be gone by moving Smdts in his spot.
Thinking Yarran is a steal at 256k and would be great cover as d8
Newman could be a good unique pick and would want to get tigers into finals
My team is
B: Lids, Goddard, Birchall, Lake, Broughton, Waters, S.Shaw (Spurr, Smedts)
M: Ablett, Swan, Pendles, Priddis, Dal Santo, Sloane (Williams, Gibson)
R: Goldstein, Maric (Orren, Redden)
F: Buddy, Sidey, Beams, Martin, Pav, Zorko, Danger (Dickson, Crozier)
6 trades left
Cheers for your help!!!

Colliwobblers

pity you cant go stephensen to campbell instead of redden, redden probably the pick of the two, but neither looks likely for regular games so the downgrade to campbell makes sense for 2 reasons, cash and ruck bench cover (maybe)

also keeping dickson for cover is beneficial and spurr is not going to give you much, shaw should and smedts showed a bit of why he was drafted so high last week.

so the last option for my vote, bench cover is important now, franklin may miss this week, chapman missed last week, it is going to happen a lot over the rest of the season, you want at least one rook on each line likely to be playing and score you something if a premium is rested.

good luck

The Bomber

Colliwobblers made some great points, but for you I don't think bench cover is that important for your rucks. Maric (Ric) and Goldy (NTH) are not going to rest players heading into the second half of the season as both will be fighting for a place in the 8. Resting will occur, but with that ruck combination you are pretty safe.

If the ruckman does go down, it will ususally be a long lay off (>3 weeks), which will probably warrant a trade even if you have bench cover...

I wouldn't be spending trades on bench cover (eg: Yarran) at this stage of the season, esp when that trade will reduce your final amount to something less that 5.

I would just do the single trade, get Carrazzo in and wait for long term injuries.

Jroo

Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 04, 2012, 12:00:54 AM
pity you cant go stephensen to campbell instead of redden, redden probably the pick of the two, but neither looks likely for regular games so the downgrade to campbell makes sense for 2 reasons, cash and ruck bench cover (maybe)

also keeping dickson for cover is beneficial and spurr is not going to give you much, shaw should and smedts showed a bit of why he was drafted so high last week.

so the last option for my vote, bench cover is important now, franklin may miss this week, chapman missed last week, it is going to happen a lot over the rest of the season, you want at least one rook on each line likely to be playing and score you something if a premium is rested.

good luck
Yer, I wanted to do Dickson to Carrazzo but is it worth an extra trade to keep Dickson and get rid of the dead wood in Spurr? Would only leave me with 4 trades left but my team like:
B: Lids, Goddard, Birchall, Lake, Broughton, Waters, Carrazzo ( Smedts, Shaw)
M: Ablett, Swan, Pendles, Priddis, Dal Santo, Sloane (Williams, Gibson)
R: Goldstein, Maric (Orren, Campbell)
F: Buddy, Sidey, Beams, Martin, Pav, Zorko, Danger (Dickson, Crozier)
And 4 trades left

jmoynihan9

With only 6 trades i wouldnt worry about trading fr bench cover just yet, dickson to carrazzo would be a good trade

Tominator

all good options but I'd go Option 4

Frees up cash and gets rid of a non-playing player for a premium defender

I can see why you'd like Yarran at $256K but before his 90 last weekend, his past five scores were below 50 so I definitely would steer clear and save a trade

Option 4 mate :)

PICCOLLO

Last option gives you the best coverage.  Redden not likely to get more games so i dont think youll lose out there.

Tominator

Quote from: PICCOLLO on July 04, 2012, 10:10:29 AM
Last option gives you the best coverage.  Redden not likely to get more games so i dont think youll lose out there.

Matt Lobbe took Redden's spot at the weekend and dominated so he will probably be the new #1 ruck

Brent Renouf is the other but he was recruited from Hawthorn last year so can't see him getting dropped

Jarrad Redden won't play many more games this year IMO

Jroo

But is it worth an extra trade???????

ubeaut

Quote from: JROO8 on July 04, 2012, 02:23:52 PM
But is it worth an extra trade???????
I say yes. With Goddard out for 2 and the year we've been having, coverage IS important. I would NOT be comfortable with Spurr/Smedts/Shaw as cover. All 3 haven't got the best JS esp. Smedts and Spurr.

Option 4 for me too.

Jroo

If I do option 4 I will only have 4 trades left. Will that be enough??

ubeaut

Quote from: JROO8 on July 04, 2012, 04:36:42 PM
If I do option 4 I will only have 4 trades left. Will that be enough??
Prob. not. BUT heaps of people will be in the same situation. If u can hold off on trading until the finals then 4 SHOULD be enough.