Should Giles be gone?

Started by Bones Bombers, July 03, 2012, 06:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bones Bombers

Should Giles be gone by now with his price dropping?
He has served us well this year but looks like he's on the decline. Does anyone know of a particular reason for his lower scores the last 3 games?
I think it's time for him to leave Bones Bombers but looking at his scores for the year he has been as good as many top ruckmen. The problem though is his current form isn't looking good enough to stay.

Bones Bombers

I will have to decide on a ruck below 564k.
Thinking Roughy looks good or maybe Goldy. Can Goldy keep it up when HMac comes back?

KoopKicka

Quote from: Bones Bombers on July 03, 2012, 07:08:00 PM
I will have to decide on a ruck below 564k.
Thinking Roughy looks good or maybe Goldy. Can Goldy keep it up when HMac comes back?

Yes, Hmac will be playing up forward.

dansmcd

It's all downhill from here for Giles with Brogan back in the side.

Get Roughie in.

Ringo

I am keeping Giles - He has only had 2 games back after injury so if he spuds it up this week there is cause for concern.  He is still averaging 90 even with the low scores.

JamSainter

Well I traded Giles out 3 weeks ago and brought in Goldy, Goldy has been great so far.
HMac is still 4-6 weeks away according to the latest injury list so Goldy is a safe bet.

Bones Bombers

Well this decision is getting tough!
I think Giles needs to go and like the way Roughy plays and kicks goals regularly, but Goldy looks to be in great supercoach scoring form.
Think it may be a decision made on Friday, unless you can convince me before then!
Cheers for the thoughts!

Samm79

Quote from: Ringo on July 03, 2012, 08:50:43 PM
I am keeping Giles - He has only had 2 games back after injury so if he spuds it up this week there is cause for concern.  He is still averaging 90 even with the low scores.

Normally agree with you sir, think you may regret keeping him though..

Ringo

Quote from: Samm79 on July 03, 2012, 10:19:47 PM
Quote from: Ringo on July 03, 2012, 08:50:43 PM

Normally agree with you sir, think you may regret keeping him though..
With 4 trades at the moment I have got little choice as well  If I still have 4 Round 19 then look at options.

Footyrulz

i think he still has the potential to be a keeper. it really depends on how many trades.

FonFatty

I am holding onto him another week as well, I dont buy into the getting tired hype or the Brogan back hype.
For a ruckman averaging 14 possessions (10 contested), 20 hitouts, 3 tackles and a goal every game you could not ask for much more.
He should do well in the ruck against the hawks this week too.
If he was 18 and it was his first year in the system I would be concerned and looking at offloading him ASAP, but he is more like a mature age player who has been in the system before so tiredness should not be a factor. If he was carrying an injury that is a different story.