Scratching my head at the MRP once again

Started by quinny88, July 02, 2012, 09:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

I cant wrap my head around how they come up with some of this rubbish..
Decide for yourself. Heres the link, watch the video of the findings and this moron try to explain them.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/140211/default.aspx

Walkers I can understand, it was only a matter of time before he was rubbed out again for doing something stupid, I just cant understand how the umpire standing 5 meters away couldnt see how dangerous it was.

Goddards one is an abolute joke, it was a high, open hand that slung around his neck. Its a free kick and move on.

The Douglas head high hip and shoulder on rance is no different than guerras one on betts yet douglas gets nothing, guerra gets 3? Unbelievable

They base the level of impact on the "medical report" that the clubs provide the day after the game. They can say what they want on a medical report to have that player sit on the sidelines.
Not to mention some people just have harder heads than others, some people get up after they get smacked rather than making a big show out of it. Bit of common sense would be nice.

Rant over...

shepni

Well said Quinny. That was probably what most people thought.

kilbluff1985

Cant believe Crameri got 2 weeks what a joke

Ringo

Just one sentence "The inconsistent MRP strikes again".  [iI think I speak for all when I say we just want to see some consistency with charges laid and penalties given.
I am a Brisbane supporter but tell me how much difference really in Goddards actions and Blacks Back hander. How is one worth 2 weeks and the other a reprimand.

Duck

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on July 02, 2012, 09:53:16 PM

Why is he out for 2 weeks for a bump on Addison? Well, Addison is out for 4 weeks now with a broken jaw. I think Crameri should have been out for as long as Addison was out. I'd consider him lucky.

quinny88

Quote from: Duck on July 02, 2012, 10:03:58 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1995 on July 02, 2012, 09:53:16 PM

Why is he out for 2 weeks for a bump on Addison? Well, Addison is out for 4 weeks now with a broken jaw. I think Crameri should have been out for as long as Addison was out. I'd consider him lucky.

That ones a bit tricky, Crameri wasnt looking at addison, he didnt leave the ground, he didnt raise his arm but he still did collect him high, accidently, and apparently break his jaw

Ziplock

I found the goddard one a bit confusing, but thought the guerra one was quite harsh....

FonFatty

How Guerra got 3 weeks for what he did is absurd.
Maximum off 2 weeks with a bad record, he got 3 weeks and he has had a good recent record.
I look forward to another incident of similar nature to see what the outcome would be.

quinny88

Quote from: FonFatty on July 03, 2012, 02:42:15 AM
Maximum off 2 weeks with a bad record, he got 3 weeks and he has had a good recent record.
I look forward to another incident of similar nature to see what the outcome would be.

There was one.. almost identical. Douglas cleaned rance up head high as he bent over the ball and got nothing

ubeaut

Quote from: quinny88 on July 04, 2012, 04:07:52 PM
Quote from: FonFatty on July 03, 2012, 02:42:15 AM

There was one.. almost identical. Douglas cleaned rance up head high as he bent over the ball and got nothing
YES what a joke once again. When will the AFL do something about this rubbish?