Main Menu

Bomber's new jumper

Started by roo boys!, July 02, 2012, 09:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Finally. This will stop all the times players kick it to the opposition thinking it is there team! People everywhere will also stop being confused watching the game, not being able to tell each team apart. I, for one, am very much for ending the confusion

CrowsFan

Quote from: TheHanger on July 05, 2012, 01:34:21 AM
Quote from: CrowsFan on July 04, 2012, 04:42:04 PM
Would have been much better if they grey was white.

The point of a clash strip is that it doesn't look anything like their original, so changing the black to a dark grey is just stupid ::)

white would look like Sydney, and every team uses white, it doesn't look that good. The grey is significant because it is the same grey as in the logo
They don't need to wear it against Sydney though so that argument is moot. As cruise said the grey in the logo is a relatively new addition so that shouldn't come in to the argument either. WHITE makes the shirts far easier to distinguish, GREY does not. Hell you could make the shirt GREEN for all I care, as long as it is different from their original shirt.

I read an article the other day on AFL.com talking about their alternate strips. Basically the guy was saying that there are so many clubs saying how they would like to be the Manchester United of the AFL and have tradition and all that... BUT Man Utd change their shirts EVERY SINGLE SEASON! Just accept that you need to have a different shirt for a couple of games a year...

nostradamus

l like it and will be buying one, and as a bonus you get a free John Coleman dvd

bomberboy0618

People who I have seen on another forum have called it a 120 dollar Coleman DVD with a bonus jumper.

roo boys!

I saw a kid wearing it yesterday at the park...it's been out for a few days, he must be keen!

Cruiseon

This was the first draft, didn't change that much.  ;)

PowerBug

Is that meant to be writing in the grey area??

roo boys!

Quote from: PowerBug on July 06, 2012, 06:43:41 PM
Is that meant to be writing in the grey area??
The names of all Essendon premiership players.

monstrum

@Cruiseon: LOL thats awesome hahahha

TheHanger

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 05, 2012, 07:53:49 PM
Quote from: TheHanger on July 05, 2012, 01:34:21 AM
Quote from: CrowsFan on July 04, 2012, 04:42:04 PM
Would have been much better if they grey was white.

The point of a clash strip is that it doesn't look anything like their original, so changing the black to a dark grey is just stupid ::)

white would look like Sydney, and every team uses white, it doesn't look that good. The grey is significant because it is the same grey as in the logo
They don't need to wear it against Sydney though so that argument is moot. As cruise said the grey in the logo is a relatively new addition so that shouldn't come in to the argument either. WHITE makes the shirts far easier to distinguish, GREY does not. Hell you could make the shirt GREEN for all I care, as long as it is different from their original shirt.

I read an article the other day on AFL.com talking about their alternate strips. Basically the guy was saying that there are so many clubs saying how they would like to be the Manchester United of the AFL and have tradition and all that... BUT Man Utd change their shirts EVERY SINGLE SEASON! Just accept that you need to have a different shirt for a couple of games a year...

doesn't matter if they don't where it against Sydney, it still looks very similar to Sydney (infact I remember Sydney wore that exact jumper in a game recently, dont know why) and you don't want two jumpers so similar

its Essendon not Sydney

don't know why the age of the grey logo has much to do with it, is still a link to the club in another way

and if they wanted to put the names on how will they put the premiership player names on it, without effectively changing the colour off white

SydneyRox

The Essendon players might go a bit better if they thought of themselves as Sydney players?!  :P

CrowsFan

From seeing the picture of Jobe wearing it I thought that it looked far too dark to be suitable, but after seeing it live against the Saints it looks fine as an alternate strip :)

T Dog

looks like a russian olympic gymnast uniform.. :o

elephants

I think the Bombers shouldn't wear it again. Ever.

Although it is great seeing them get belted :P

DazBurg

forget the flowerin jumper i'm more worried about the abysmal flowering display they call trying

yes i'm a big bombers fan my problem being everyone saying they on the up even the survey with the coaches saying so yet we constantly dish up shower like this bombers problem stemming back to sheedy days even is we lose the ones we should win and win the ones we shouldn't

yet great sides take the opportunity against lower sides to assert there dominance

something even now we still lack