Main Menu

Bomber's new jumper

Started by roo boys!, July 02, 2012, 09:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Jukes

My mums buying it for my birthday on the 25th

SydneyRox

It looks better than most clash strips....

Dont mind it at all. Clever to make it a heritage jumper at the same time!

Ziplock

it... looks like fishnet....

Boomz

I don't hate it... but was hoping we weren't actually going to use it... :-X

Justin Bieber

Where's the black?

Imagine Richmond, wearing something like that, you wouldn't be able to sing the song after the game.

roo boys!

Quote from: whatlez on July 03, 2012, 11:47:08 AM
Where's the black?

Imagine Richmond, wearing something like that, you wouldn't be able to sing the song after the game.
The outline of the red sash. I assume that's it? Not too much seeing as it's your predominant colour...

Cruiseon

I'm rather indifferent. I did however like some of the commentary this morning talking how it looked ok, they liked the nod to the past BUT it didn't achieve it's main objective of being an effective clash strip.  i.e. 'it will still clash!

Lol @Zipock, it does have a fishnet, mardi gras look to it . . . . not that there is anything wrong with that, if that's the look one is after.

BratPack

Still not as gay as Twilight

Ziplock

Quote from: Cruiseon on July 03, 2012, 12:24:34 PM

I'm rather indifferent. I did however like some of the commentary this morning talking how it looked ok, they liked the nod to the past BUT it didn't achieve it's main objective of being an effective clash strip.  i.e. 'it will still clash!

Lol @Zipock, it does have a fishnet, mardi gras look to it . . . . not that there is anything wrong with that, if that's the look one is after.
I have no issue with it... it is definitely the mardi gras look though.

TheHanger

Quote from: Ziplock on July 03, 2012, 12:39:07 PM
Quote from: Cruiseon on July 03, 2012, 12:24:34 PM

I have no issue with it... it is definitely the mardi gras look though.

Thats just the names of every essendon premiership player written on the jumper...looks as good as it can, they aren't allowed to have black and red predominately because you can't have two of the same type of colour (dark or light) as the other team, or something like that

CrowsFan

Would have been much better if they grey was white.

The point of a clash strip is that it doesn't look anything like their original, so changing the black to a dark grey is just stupid ::)

TheHanger

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 04, 2012, 04:42:04 PM
Would have been much better if they grey was white.

The point of a clash strip is that it doesn't look anything like their original, so changing the black to a dark grey is just stupid ::)

white would look like Sydney, and every team uses white, it doesn't look that good. The grey is significant because it is the same grey as in the logo

Torpedo10

I think it looks good. Not as good as Essendon's Home Jumper but for a clash strip it will do.

Cruiseon

The logo is relatively new and the current stylised version is pretty average compared to traditional ones. There's no grey in the old logo so not sure that's too relevant, its like suddenly deciding to change your club song.