Tom Campbell??

Started by spasticnut, July 02, 2012, 08:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spasticnut

Thinking of downgrading redden or stephenson to him what do you reckon his job security is like will he be a regular atleast in the next 3-4 weeks?

oldshepp

I'm thinking Redden for the cash mainly.  Plus Redden's days are numbered and this guy might provide a bit of bench cover for the rucks

woofy

With him being a ruck fwd i reakon he will be rotated with cordy and roughead. i think he will keep his spot this week. was going to downgrade redden to him this week but it won't leave me enough cash to upgrade ellis to carrazzo so i had to think of something else.

Renshaw84

If you've got Stephenson and Redden on the bench, like I do, I think Campbell is basically a free swing, if he keeps playing ...great, but if not.... its not like Stephenson appears that he will be playing much more, and seems as though Redden is a fair way behind Renouf and Lobbe is back and was listed in the best on the weekend....

DT87

I don't think Redden or Stephenson will play another game this year, Redden's spot has been taken by a superior player in Lobbe, and Stephenson will struggle to get games with Simpson available. Redden -> Campbell this week looks like the way to go if you have the trades and could do with the cash.

fever

good trade but only issue is that it doesnt free up that much cash, and it's probable that you have other cows worth more nearing a cull too. i expect campbell to only get two or three more games without improvement.

FonFatty

I am going to trade out Giles after alot of ummming and ahhhing.
Now my plan is to trade Giles > Campbell and have Campbell as a starting ruck (only for this week, possibly further based on performance).
With the other trade I am going to pull the trigger on McDonald > Watson.
Do you guys think that Campbell is good enough to pump out a 60-70?
Next week I want to downgrade Saad > Murdoch/McIntyre and upgrade Redden to the best available ruck with the $$ I have.
If Campbell does well and looks like maintaining his spot and scores around the 60-80 region (Just like Giles) I will keep him as 2nd ruck and keep the trade for finals time. Will only downgrade Saad and pocket the $$.

With Watson in my team now my midfield looks like this;
Ablett, Watson, Swan, Pendlebury, Jelwood, Priddis (Gibson, Sexton)

Rucks look like;
Cox, Campbell

roo boys!

Nice midfield, but very risky having someone who scored 45 last week on the field!

FonFatty

Quote from: roo boys! on July 06, 2012, 12:45:26 PM
Nice midfield, but very risky having someone who scored 45 last week on the field!
Giles didn't score much more than Campbell last week, 28 more points. However Watson scored 107 points more than McDonald last week.
Taking the punt, if it fails I can upgrade Redden the week after and downgrade Saad.

enzedder

Quote from: fever on July 03, 2012, 12:23:45 AM
good trade but only issue is that it doesnt free up that much cash, and it's probable that you have other cows worth more nearing a cull too. i expect campbell to only get two or three more games without improvement.
These are my thoughts too.
With trades become fewer and fewer this is a luxury trade for those with one up their sleeves.
My rucks are Cox, Giles, O and Redden and until I am staring at a doughnut my rucks can stay as they are. If I have a trade up my sleeve come the fat end of the finals then I'll contemplate a ruck rookie downgrade. Don't think it is going to happen for me this year though.

brownmans muffins

I've got Goldy and Giles starting
Redden and HMac (500K+) on bench.

gut check time as it's either HMac-Campbell this week or wait until Derickx is on bubble - if ever.

was going to wait but think a bird in the hand with Campbell (and the 20K difference to Derickx) may be the go.

Means I can only bring in one of Carrazzo/Yarran this week so will go with Carrots.