who else can't afford carrazzo?

Started by woofy, July 02, 2012, 06:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woofy

I have Ellis as my last defender to upgrade but after trading out Redden for Campbell i am unfortunately about $16k short. I feel as though my backline needs a top premium with my weaker defenders being Broughton and Lake so i'm not sure if picking up Suckling or Fisher would be ideal. Other downgrade options are Treloar or Porplyzia but i want to keep them as permanent emergencies.

My only other upgrade would be Giles but think its more important to upgrade Ellis first. 

What to do??? Pick up Suckling/Fisher etc or upgrade Giles to anybody excluding Maric/Cox???

9 trades left

fever

not much point having treloar and porps as emg if it means the rest of you team suffers. pretty easy choice to trade imo, porps to murdoch, get carrazzo.

woofy

Quote from: fever on July 02, 2012, 06:10:27 PM
not much point having treloar and porps as emg if it means the rest of you team suffers. pretty easy choice to trade imo, porps to murdoch, get carrazzo.

sorry forgot to mention Treloar is emergency in mids and Porps is emergency in forwards.

mid - Treloar, Gibson
fwd - Porps, Sexton

tkringle

Yep i'm about 10K short on getting Carrots in to complete my team (5 trades left)..

thinking Ellis to Suckling will be better than blowing 2 trades to get in Carrots

woofy

Quote from: tkringle on July 02, 2012, 06:17:35 PM
Yep i'm about 10K short on getting Carrots in to complete my team (5 trades left)..

thinking Ellis to Suckling will be better than blowing 2 trades to get in Carrots

I think i would go Ellis to Suckling if it was a straight swap but for me doing a double trade to bring in Suckling with no money to spare seems abit of a waste.

coolfugitiv0

I'm 8k short of going Clarke --> Carrots :/

tkringle

Quote from: woofy on July 02, 2012, 06:22:39 PM

I think i would go Ellis to Suckling if it was a straight swap but for me doing a double trade to bring in Suckling with no money to spare seems abit of a waste.

Didn't realise you were that short on $, how much do you have in the bank?

woofy

Quote from: tkringle on July 02, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

$11,600 haha

tkringle

Quote from: woofy on July 02, 2012, 06:56:29 PM

$11,600 haha

mmm you need to double trade in anycase then if you want to compete your team (I assume you are starting Ellis?)

With 9 trades left, I would be downgrading Treloar to allow the upgrade to Carrots.. Gibson should play out the year and provide a good level of cover in the mids..

woofy

Quote from: tkringle on July 02, 2012, 07:11:53 PM

$11,600 haha

mmm you need to double trade in anycase then if you want to compete your team (I assume you are starting Ellis?)

With 9 trades left, I would be downgrading Treloar to allow the upgrade to Carrots.. Gibson should play out the year and provide a good level of cover in the mids..

I'm actually starting S.Shaw. I guess i would rather Ellis as emergency for the rest of the year as i think he has better JS but i need to save on cash for my luxury trade (Giles to Premi ruck)

You got me thinking of downgrading one of Treloar or Porps although i'm leaning towards Porps to Murdoch for the same reason as above. Save myself $40k and keeps my DDP link with mid/fwd intact.

So does this look ok?

Porps>Murdoch
Ellis>Carrazzo

Def: S.Shaw,Townsend
Mid: Gibson, Sexton
Fwd: Treloar, Murdoch

Leaves me with $90k in the bank and 7 trades left. One more trade for Giles if i get no LTI's until finals?

Cheers for the advices guys!

tkringle

Quote from: woofy on July 02, 2012, 08:02:49 PM
Quote from: tkringle on July 02, 2012, 07:11:53 PM

$11,600 haha

I'm actually starting S.Shaw. I guess i would rather Ellis as emergency for the rest of the year as i think he has better JS but i need to save on cash for my luxury trade (Giles to Premi ruck)

You got me thinking of downgrading one of Treloar or Porps although i'm leaning towards Porps to Murdoch for the same reason as above. Save myself $40k and keeps my DDP link with mid/fwd intact.

So does this look ok?

Porps>Murdoch
Ellis>Carrazzo

Def: S.Shaw,Townsend
Mid: Gibson, Sexton
Fwd: Treloar, Murdoch

Leaves me with $90k in the bank and 7 trades left. One more trade for Giles if i get no LTI's until finals?

Cheers for the advices guys!

Like it! Good 1st emergency cover on all three lines