Is this good enough?

Started by MLS, July 02, 2012, 03:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLS

Hi all, this is my first season of SC and I am currently ranked around 1100. My goal was top 1000 at the start of the season and I have burned a few unnecessary trades early but I am pretty happy now. Just wanted to get some feedback on whether my team is good enough to reach my goal. My philosophy has been bargains hence some interesting players!

B: Goddard, Deledio, Adcock, Newman, Lake, Dempsey, Carrazzo (Shaw, Darley)
C: Ablett, Rockliff, Watson, Cotchin, Dal Santo, Pendlebury (Williams, Zorko)
R: Cox, Goldstien (Redden, Campbell)
F: Franklin, Pavlich, Chapman, Martin, Harvey, O'Keffee, J Riedwoldt (Crozier, Treloar)

Only 2 trades left, and 73k in the bank.

Thinking of Zorko (or even Treloar) to another bargain (Goodes) in a few weeks, and Harvey can be my permabench swing player?

quinny88

Its a decent side but with 2 trades left i wouldnt be making any trades at all, u will need them.
I think your ranking will drop a fair bit with only 2 trades left unfortuantly. The longer the season goes the more likely the stars are to be rested and injuries are to occur

ScottieD

Are you a long time DTer?  This annoys me that you're ranked 1100 in your first year.

Sadly tho, I think you may be in for a fall.  You may be lucky enough to slip into top 1000 within the next 2-3 weeks, however, more than likely you will go the other way.  It is a good team, but most teams are now shaping up pretty damn good.  The Collingwood connection is pretty wide spread in the top teams and you don't have Swan, Beams or Sidebottom.  Once you've expended all your trades, you could find yourself slipping to 3-4000th by the end of the year.

Just a touch trigger happy.  But as i say, never known anyone to be ranked this high in first year.  Took me 4 years before I cracked the top 1000.

MLS

I've done DT a few times but didn't really know what I was doing and picked 20 spuds rather than than a guns and rookie approach. This year I did some research and picked a solid team but had injuries thus the low trade count. I was ranked 54,000 after round 3, but since then I haven't gone down in the rankings. My team totally ignored the byes and I probably traded a bit much throughout the bye period too.

I wanted to get in on some of the steele-beams-swan action but they have been overpriced.

Thanks for the input, fingers crossed that I don't get too many injuries. I will learn my lessons this year and hopefully come back better next year.