Is ellis > yarran right for me?

Started by Jay, July 02, 2012, 11:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Hey guys...im wondering if I should downgrade ellis to yarran this week...yarran is 250k with a be of 25, perfect time to jump on! + he is a prove 90ppg scorer...is he good enough to be my D7??

Here is my team at full strength:
4trades. 3k. Going for league(1st).
Goddard deledio shaw broughton johnson scotland shaw <ellis darley>
Ablett pendles boyd selwood priddis dal-santo <gibson dsmith>
Mumford giles <campbell orren>
Buddy sidebottom dangerfield martin cloke zaharakis zorko <milera adams>

So should I trade ellis > yarran? Giving me a complete team and 3 trades remaining.

Thoughts? :)

kilbluff1985

worth the punt m8 with limited trades will do better then Ellis anyway and your def is strong no risky players like Ceski, Lake, Hargrave or Dempsey would say go for it

Blueboys

With 4 trades left I would be holding off until finals, anything can happen between here and finals so burning another trade could be risky

Jay

Quote from: Blueboys on July 02, 2012, 12:15:37 PM
With 4 trades left I would be holding off until finals, anything can happen between here and finals so burning another trade could be risky
Think i can survive with Shaw as D7?

ScottieD

Yeh I'd take the gamble, planets have aligned for this one it seems.  May not be the smart/patient move however.

it's amazing how short of trades we all are this year.  3 trades for remainder of year is not enough.  If going for league win, the idea is to hold onto 6 trades for finals so you can trade to cover short term injuries and omissions/restings.

You will be lucky to get to finals with 1 trade up your sleeve, but i'm in the same boat, just 5 left.

tor01doc

If you are sitting pretty in your league, I would hold for now.

3 trades will soon disappear with injuries etc and there will be a lot of people wishing they had just one more trade left when trying to avoid donuts at the pointy end of the season against the better teams.

Jay

Quote from: ScottieD on July 02, 2012, 12:45:38 PM
Yeh I'd take the gamble, planets have aligned for this one it seems.  May not be the smart/patient move however.

it's amazing how short of trades we all are this year.  3 trades for remainder of year is not enough.  If going for league win, the idea is to hold onto 6 trades for finals so you can trade to cover short term injuries and omissions/restings.

You will be lucky to get to finals with 1 trade up your sleeve, but i'm in the same boat, just 5 left.
yeah great post mate :) totally agree! Gotta pray for no LTIs

Quote from: tor01doc on July 02, 2012, 12:54:21 PM
If you are sitting pretty in your league, I would hold for now.

3 trades will soon disappear with injuries etc and there will be a lot of people wishing they had just one more trade left when trying to avoid donuts at the pointy end of the season against the better teams.
Yep im a game clear in my league doc (3rd by total point however)...

But the way i see it, a defensive upgrade has to be done at sometime, so why not do it when there is a super-cheap option!?

ScottieD

Yeh that's the point, if you don't trade ellis to yarran this week - then you'll have to burn 2 trades to upgrade ellis later on.

Jay

Quote from: ScottieD on July 02, 2012, 02:51:16 PM
Yeh that's the point, if you don't trade ellis to yarran this week - then you'll have to burn 2 trades to upgrade ellis later on.
only problem is, i may have bigger fish to fry come end of season and the trade could be better used

Samm79

I agree with those who are saying hold. One ok season is far from proven, and his injury history is a worry. It is a tempting trade, but I reckon if you make the trade, come finals you'll most likely be shaking you head for wasting he trade rather than patting yourself on the back! Hold mate and good luck!

sammy_boy

same boat jayman. 2 trades left. 2 more upgrades for full team. on top of my league. last 6 games are all against bottom sides. also sitting high overall. dont know what to do haha =/

Jay

Quote from: Samm79 on July 02, 2012, 03:14:23 PM
I agree with those who are saying hold. One ok season is far from proven, and his injury history is a worry. It is a tempting trade, but I reckon if you make the trade, come finals you'll most likely be shaking you head for wasting he trade rather than patting yourself on the back! Hold mate and good luck!
remember last year, was his first season down back...but come finals i'll need to get a D7 anyway, and by that time ill need to do a downgrade as well... So in a away, thisbis saving a trade  :o