Main Menu

NBA Free Agency

Started by Jay, July 01, 2012, 03:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Magic are in a lot of trouble. Dwight wants out, he'll get his way. But now Magic will get little in return, conpared to lopez humphries and 4 first rounders! They shouldve accepted then and there. Lopez is great and will be an all-star centre this year imo. Nets made a great offer Orlando are just too stubborn!

Where to now for dwight? Lakers??? Houston???

BratPack

Quote from: Jayman on July 13, 2012, 12:13:35 PM
Magic are in a lot of trouble. Dwight wants out, he'll get his way. But now Magic will get little in return, conpared to lopez humphries and 4 first rounders! They shouldve accepted then and there. Lopez is great and will be an all-star centre this year imo. Nets made a great offer Orlando are just too stubborn!

Said it before as a Magic fan, will say it again. Given the choice between Humphries or nothing. Nothing wins everyday

valkorum

I want to know how they will get 4 x 1st rounders - isnt the rule that a team isnt allowed to miss 2 consecutive 1st rounds (ie 2013, 2014)]

edit: Looks like the Mavs have signed Kaman

Jay

Quote from: valkorum on July 13, 2012, 12:31:56 PM
Looks like the Mavs have signed Kaman
yeah. In other trade news. Ramon Sessions to the Bobcats. Poor bloke

Windigo

Quote from: Jayman on July 13, 2012, 12:44:08 PM
Quote from: valkorum on July 13, 2012, 12:31:56 PM
Looks like the Mavs have signed Kaman
yeah. In other trade news. Ramon Sessions to the Bobcats. Poor bloke

He may as well retire.  ::)

Quote from: Jayman on July 13, 2012, 12:13:35 PM

I still hold hope for the Lakers to get him. But is it true Dwight doesn't like Kobe or something?  ???

BratPack

The Rockets twitter account just started following D12, Duhon, Glen Davis and Jason Richardson...May mean something....may mean nothing

Windigo

Hm, dunno what to say about that.  :o

valkorum

Its been pretty obvious that the Rockets have been maneuvering to try and get Howard - offloading players, picking up early draft picks etc

Edit:  Although I do remember reading somewhere that Howard said he would leave after his last years contract if he went to the Rockets

Windigo

Who is better center ATM?

Bynum or Howard?

valkorum

Windigo

valkorum

Quote from: Windigo on July 13, 2012, 01:24:45 PM
Cousins?  ???

Yes - and I am being serious.... Well maybe not the best but definitely up there with them.  Also consider that DMC played on a team with a 22-44 record.

Howard
PPG: 20.6
RPG: 14.5
APG: 1.9
STPG: 1.5
BLKPG: 2.2
DblDbl: 43

Bynum
PPG: 18.7
RPG: 11.8
APG: 1.4
STPG: 0.4
BLKPG: 1.9
DblDbl: 37

Cousins
PPG: 18.1
RPG: 11.0
APG: 1.6
STPG: 1.4
BLKPG: 1.2
DblDbl: 36

Windigo

Hm, the stats don't lie and he stacks up well against Bynum & Howard..

valkorum

I cant find stats on charges taken but I would bet a large sum that DMC took more charges than Bynum and Howard - in fact I reckon he would be close to leading the league

Edit: Just found it - DMC led the league with 50 charges taken for the season.

Bynum: 2
Howard: 2

valkorum

Also just looked at the rebounds breakdown

Offensive
Howard: 200 (11th Overall)
Bynum: 192 (14th Overall)
DMC: 265 (League Leader)

Defensive
Howard: 585 (League Leader)
Bynum: 517 (2nd Overall)
DMC: 438 (13th Overall)