Main Menu

NBA Free Agency

Started by Jay, July 01, 2012, 03:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

....When LeBron took his talents to Miami Beach.  ::)

Master Q

Quote from: Windigo on July 09, 2012, 10:46:16 AM
South Beach, but doesn't matter  :P

Windigo

Quote from: Master Q on July 09, 2012, 01:32:58 PM

What matters is he took his talents to the beach.

Jay

Quote from: Windigo on July 09, 2012, 02:06:49 PM
Quote from: Master Q on July 09, 2012, 01:32:58 PM

What matters is he took his talents to the beach.
lol

BratPack

Heat get stronger. D12 still leaving. Can I go back to not giving a flower about the NBA now?

Cicjose

only 3 months away  8)

j959

Quote from: Windigo on July 05, 2012, 12:32:20 PM
Steve Nash a Laker for 3 years!  8)
at first I was like ... 'wft?!?!' but then my head took over my heart and said that it had to happen.

being a long-suffering Suns fan i knew there was no way Sarver (owner) would allow a multi-year deal for Nash to retire as a Sun - it just wasn't business sense, but I'm really glad they let him go to the team he wanted because Nash has been such a loyal servant for so many years ...

From espn.com:

Sarver declined comment over the weekend when reached by ESPN.com, saying that he wouldn't be making any public statements about how things played out until Wednesday, which is the first day NBA players can sign new contracts. But that's OK.

Nash, an ex-Sun for the second time in his career, has plenty to say.

"I'm really thankful that Robert reconsidered," Nash said. "He and some of the other partners were gracious enough to realize what this means to me. They also got some assets back, which I feel good about, but it was a great gesture for me and my family. He was in a tough spot, but he put himself out there to do the best thing for me and my kids."

Said Duffy: "It really comes down to Steve wanting to be as close to his children as possible. It's an absolute bonus that he can compete for a ring and the money he'll be able to earn [roughly $27 million over the next three seasons] at his age. At the end of the day, if Phoenix would have offered him $10 million over three years, he would have stayed in Phoenix. One hundred percent. But we understand where the Suns are. They have to rebuild. They made it clear that they felt like they couldn't pay Steve a large salary and then go out and get other players to build a team."

---------

He was worth at least $15-$20mill over 3yrs to the Suns but they would still tread water, not make the finals because there would be no-star quality to receive the delicious Nash dimes or run the pick-n-roll old skool Nash-Stoudamire style ...  :(    ;)

Ah, well - Suns will probably be lucky to win 12-15 games this season - hope there's some decent centres/pwr fwds in the next draft??   :'(     ;)

j959

Suns - I thought they were goin in the right direction and then I saw this ...

Sources: Suns offer Gordon max deal

link: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8128612/2012-nba-free-agency-eric-gordon-phoenix-suns-agree-max-salary-deal

wtf?!?!
Sarver/Babby - wtf are you doing to my team?!?!  :'(

Gordon is a decent player, don't get me wrong - but max contract?!?!?
He is not a franchise player - @Chris_Bosh

You didn't offer Am'are max money, but I understood that (dodgy knees, couldn't lead the team in playoffs) but then to offer max to Gordon???!  :-\

Only hope is that New Orleans match the offer and he stays with NOH!  ::)

Jay

Sorry J595, but gordon will become a sun. He doesnt want to be a Hornet and im sure he will get his way. He is a good player mate, and only 22 or something. Also isnt beasley going to Phoenix??? Pair those two with dragic, gortat and dudley, dont have a bad team :)

BratPack

Quote from: Jayman on July 10, 2012, 12:26:23 PM
Sorry J595, but gordon will become a sun. He doesnt want to be a Hornet and im sure he will get his way. He is a good player mate, and only 22 or something. Also isnt beasley going to Phoenix??? Pair those two with dragic, gortat and dudley, dont have a bad team :)

No way Gordon becomes a Sun. Hornets will match.

Cicjose

Also isnt beasley going to Phoenix???

he is moving again???

Jay

Jay

Sources told ESPN.com that the Nets and Magic are cautiously optimistic that the Cavaliers and Clippers will help them facilitate a four-way trade that lands Howard in Brooklyn.

According to sources the Nets would receive Howard, Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon and Earl Clark in the proposed deal. The Magic would get Brook Lopez, Luke Walton, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Armon Johnson and three first-round picks -- two from the Nets and a lottery-protected first from the Clippers. The Cavs would get Kris Humphries, Quentin Richardson, Sundiata Gaines, a first-round pick from the Nets and $3 million in cash. The Clippers would receive MarShon Brooks.

The deal also could involve the Charlotte Bobcats replacing the Cavaliers, league sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

Windigo

They are saying they want Jamison at Charlotte?  ???

What would be better is  if Jordan to come out of retirement and win Charlotte a championship.  :P

Mat0369

All this happened about a week back. Pretty much straight after the Nash Deal. Beasley has agreed to terms with the Suns. Gordon has agreed to the max contract

Quote from: BratPack on July 10, 2012, 12:40:32 PM
No way Gordon becomes a Sun. Hornets will match.

Hornets have said they will match any offer put on the table to keep him. They are desperate to not let him go but Gordon does not want to play in NO