Main Menu

NBA Free Agency

Started by Jay, July 01, 2012, 03:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

well done Pat Riley

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/8137389/agent-ray-allen-leaves-boston-celtics-champion-miami-heat

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Ray-Allen-chooses-to-sign-with-Miami-Heat-070612

Allen told the Miami Heat on Friday night that he intends to accept their contract offer and leave Boston after five seasons, even though the Celtics could pay him about twice as much as the reigning NBA champions will be able to next season. Miami could only offer Allen the mini mid-level, worth about $3 million a year.

Windigo

That is BS. He wants a ring.

Holz

Quote from: Windigo on July 07, 2012, 06:55:42 PM
That is BS. He wants a ring.

he is bascially doing the same thing as lebron but i bet he wont cop any heat for it, except from celtics fans.

Master Q

I don't mind, except I don't understand why he'd move if he was getting more at the Celtics. Only leaves 2 possible explanations - wants a ring or wants to get payed for doing nothing (would play a lot at the Celtics...).

Holz

Quote from: Master Q on July 07, 2012, 07:18:41 PM
I don't mind, except I don't understand why he'd move if he was getting more at the Celtics. Only leaves 2 possible explanations - wants a ring or wants to get payed for doing nothing (would play a lot at the Celtics...).

he wasnt starting at the celtics and i think he will actually have more of a role at the heat. He has enough money so a few million isnt going to break his bank and im sure the alure of the ring is the main reason. Who could blame him though, who would pass up the chance of joining the best team in the NBA.

Windigo

It's a desperate move by Ray, admit it.  :P

DazBurg

apparently he doesn't get on with rondo either

Windigo

Not enough passes to him I suppose.  :P

Holz

Quote from: Windigo on July 07, 2012, 07:37:47 PM
It's a desperate move by Ray, admit it.  :P

I cant i love ray allen, i despise the celtics and allen was the only thing that saved him.

RiOtChEsS

Jesus Shuttlesworth to The Heat must make for convoluted feelings @Shaggy

Great Sign for us, does not need the rock in his hand to be devastating, purest 2 guard going around...

Cicjose

Quote from: Marcz on July 08, 2012, 02:15:47 AM
Jesus Shuttlesworth to The Heat must make for convoluted feelings @Shaggy

Great Sign for us, does not need the rock in his hand to be devastating, purest 2 guard going around...

1999 MTV Movie Awards
MTV Movie Award Best Breakthrough Male Performance â€" Ray Allen (nominated)

Jay

From a celtics point of view...i am happy Ray left. Bradley has passed him and with the signing of Terry, Ray wouldnt have many minutes at all

Shaggy

Yeah @Marcz it does suck. I love Jesus with a passion, but now... Not soo sure. :P

Windigo

Looks like everyone is jumping on the Heat bandwagon... :P

Jay

Quote from: Windigo on July 08, 2012, 07:53:42 PM
Looks like everyone is jumping on the Heat bandwagon... :P
When did you first notice that?  :P