Tex Walker tackle

Started by kma07, June 30, 2012, 07:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kma07

Did anyone see his tackle on Morris today?
Anything in it?

The Bomber

He dumped him on his head. CLEAR freekick, don't know what the umpire saw to give it holding the ball...

Should get atleast 1 week. the only thing that may save him (doesn't deserved to be saved after his calls this month) is that Morris wasn't affected at all by it. May deem it to be under the required force for a reportable offence...

Nyn

1 week at the very least. Droped on flush on the head.

Windigo

1-2 weeks.

Has a poor record I think? He'll get games for sure.

Jay

2 weeks...would be 3 if he didnt deck a tough nut  :P

quinny88

Unbelievable that he will likely get weeks yet the umpire still awarded him a free kick for holding the ball. Terrible decision

HotTiges

Do not get me started on this 'cow'.. He should of been suspended this week, maybe not for the kick on Thompson but pushing Grima into the post. Then he dumps Morris on his head deliberately.. I have no further comment as I don't want to get banned

blue

for josh jenkins sake i hope it 3 weeks or is that my sake.

i thought he was unlucky for the first one that he got reported for and what did he get 2 or 3 weeks. i think this one is a lot worse the only thing in his favor is that morris is not soft and jumped back up again.

quinny88

Apparently sanderson (adelaide coach) said that it was a "fantastic tackle" and that it would be a blight on the game if he was rubbed out.. Is he kidding himself? I actually liked sanderson before that comment.. what an absolute peanut

Donnie Brasco

Quote from: Nyn on June 30, 2012, 08:20:52 PM
1 week at the very least. Droped on flush on the head.

Seems like you may have been, too...

:o

HotTiges

Quote from: quinny88 on June 30, 2012, 11:43:34 PM
Apparently sanderson (adelaide coach) said that it was a "fantastic tackle" and that it would be a blight on the game if he was rubbed out.. Is he kidding himself? I actually liked sanderson before that comment.. what an absolute peanut

In the past it was, something you'd see in the 80's but that was back then and now time have changed 'Samdo'.. Walker had intent on injuring Morris I believe.. Walker is a massive hothead that can't help himself

Dasherman

Text book spear tackle will be used on the what not to do tape next year. Dumb luck Morris wasn't injured but was clear what Walker's intent was. 3 wks as he has a poor record reduced to 2 with early acceptance.

Dudge

Didn't look good, but who knows?

lachie_001

Harden up all of you, this is a mans sport not netball. No player is going out on that field to hurt someone, Morris was fine so what is the argument. I'd rather see those tackles then watch every Richmond player break them. And here's a stat for you Victorians, the free kick count was 20 to 11 richmonds way a bit one sided don't you think? So get over it

EZA100

the umpiring was a bit one sides for the first half but then in the 4th quarter it was all adelaide the umps missed about 3 richmond free kicks in a minute and the walker free kick. and plus morris was lucky he wasn't injured a stupid tackle. a tackle should be purely around the hips and tackled straight to the ground rugby even reports those kind of tackles.