Tex Walker tackle

Started by kma07, June 30, 2012, 07:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: lachie_001 on July 01, 2012, 04:27:21 AM
Harden up all of you, this is a mans sport not netball. No player is going out on that field to hurt someone, Morris was fine so what is the argument. I'd rather see those tackles then watch every Richmond player break them. And here's a stat for you Victorians, the free kick count was 20 to 11 richmonds way a bit one sided don't you think? So get over it
Barry Hall??????? Alistair Lynch???????

Slashers

He got 2 for the same thing in round 7! And that wasn't as bad as this one.
The AFL are going to have to go hard on him for a repeat offense because he obviously didn't learn his lesson.
What a Moron!
Hope he gets 4 games. Plus the umpires will apologize for the poor holding the ball call.

Ziplock

Quote from: quinny88 on June 30, 2012, 11:43:34 PM
Apparently sanderson (adelaide coach) said that it was a "fantastic tackle" and that it would be a blight on the game if he was rubbed out.. Is he kidding himself? I actually liked sanderson before that comment.. what an absolute peanut

I hadn't seen the tackle when I read the article, so I was thinking that walker had just done a solid tackle and people were whining. Watched the footage, and he should get weeks lol. You can't jump flip someone and dump them on their neck/ head... it was a really bad tackle, and the fact he's done it before this year just shows he's an idiot.

yorgis

the guys so up himself he needs gills to breathe [mullett] hope the dude gets put away, such a show pony

troy87

Quote from: yorgis on July 02, 2012, 02:45:34 PM
the guys so up himself he needs gills to breathe [mullett] hope the dude gets put away, such a show pony

Some of you blokes are carrying on and judging a bloke you dont even know based on how he plays football. He did a tackle that may cost him weeks which happens in football but you guys are going on like hes committed a crime.

I bet some of you wish you had half his ability rather than sit behind your computer and critise people you dont know.

I'm pretty sure Morris wouldnt even want him suspended.

quinny88

Quote from: troy87 on July 02, 2012, 03:45:34 PM

Some of you blokes are carrying on and judging a bloke you dont even know based on how he plays football. He did a tackle that may cost him weeks which happens in football but you guys are going on like hes committed a crime.

I bet some of you wish you had half his ability rather than sit behind your computer and critise people you dont know.

Its footy mate, thats what people do, they make judgements on people they dont know. Milne has been the most hated man in Australia for the best part of 10 years by hundreds of thousands of people that dont know him for something he wasnt even found guilty of lol.

Walker set the tone for being a tosser because he does dumb things, pushing people into the post, kicking people, dumping people. Hes just a dirty dog

Ziplock

he did a tackle that was reckless, dangerous, and literally could kill a person.

I'm pretty sure morris would want him suspended- he seemed pretty pissed off at the time.

kma07

Slashers

Quote from: Ziplock on July 02, 2012, 05:02:29 PM

he did a tackle that was reckless, dangerous, and literally could kill a person.

I'm pretty sure morris would want him suspended- he seemed pretty pissed off at the time.
+1

kma07

Guess that's for Jake King last season

chadsta112

If the AFL have any consistency at all, they'll need to look at Trengove's tackle on Dangerfield last year. IMO this tackle was worse and probably worth 1-2 weeks. If Morris was concussed at all I think 3-4 would have been offered.

Lukin

gonna miss him for three weeks... :'(

Quote from: quinny88 on July 02, 2012, 04:58:54 PM

Its footy mate, thats what people do, they make judgements on people they dont know. Milne has been the most hated man in Australia for the best part of 10 years by hundreds of thousands of people that dont know him for something he wasnt even found guilty of lol.

Walker set the tone for being a tosser because he does dumb things, pushing people into the post, kicking people, dumping people. Hes just a dirty dog

pyronerd

Quote from: chadsta112 on July 02, 2012, 06:27:22 PM
If the AFL have any consistency at all, they'll need to look at Trengove's tackle on Dangerfield last year. IMO this tackle was worse and probably worth 1-2 weeks. If Morris was concussed at all I think 3-4 would have been offered.
Agreed,Trengrove's was a classic sling tackle in which the player landed on his side and his head whipped into the ground, players are taught to get another player to the ground anyway they can and he shouldn't have gotten weeks. Walker's tackle on the other hand was totally necessary, there's a difference between hurting someone incidentally, and intending to do serious damage, the MRP need to realise this