Started by Tominator, June 29, 2012, 05:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHanger

Quote from: Tominator on July 06, 2012, 11:31:24 AM
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on July 06, 2012, 11:04:44 AM
Quote from: Tominator on July 06, 2012, 11:01:51 AM
+1 ^

Nice thoughts, I agree with you there on all of that

And even through his hip injury he will still go top 3. He was among best in the SANFL grand final, Captain of the SA state side and when he didnt have his hip injury was racking up 30+ touches. He will recover and clubs know this and wont want to miss out on this kid

Another one from SA, Luke Dunstan. He is solidly built and kicked a few from just outside 50. Hige leg for a small foward and could get games early on? Anyone else got any more info

My tips for Top 5 are:

#1 - Lachie Whitfield
#2 - Jimmy Toumpas
#3 - Jack Viney (F/S)
#4 - Brodie Grundy
#5 - Dayle Garlett

Stringer, Kennedy, Wines will all be very close, but as a Crows supporter I'm secretly hoping Kennedy slips outside the Top 10 ;)

Joe Daniher will go first pick for Bombers under F/S rule so he will be between 10-15 I'd say.

yeah FARK I like the look of Dunstan too except he is an under-ager so cannot be picked up til next year. Picked up like 20 touches or something on Wednesday. One to watch next year though!

Adelaide and Essendon will have very late First Round Picks because of all the priority picks for Melb, Bulldogs and the rest
possibly early twenties for the top teams (Pies, Eagles, Crows)

disco1992

My tips for Top 5 are:

#1 - Lachie Whitfield
#2 - Jimmy Toumpas
#3 - Jack Viney (F/S)
#4 - Brodie Grundy
#5 - Dayle Garlett

Stringer, Kennedy, Wines will all be very close, but as a Crows supporter I'm secretly hoping Kennedy slips outside the Top 10 ;)

Joe Daniher will go first pick for Bombers under F/S rule so he will be between 10-15 I'd say.

yeah FARK I like the look of Dunstan too except he is an under-ager so cannot be picked up til next year. Picked up like 20 touches or something on Wednesday. One to watch next year though!

wouldnt viney go lower unless there was alot of interest from other clubs ie. tom mitchell was a second round because freo had there eye on him???

henry

Quote from: disco1992 on July 06, 2012, 06:21:54 PM
My tips for Top 5 are:

#1 - Lachie Whitfield
#2 - Jimmy Toumpas
#3 - Jack Viney (F/S)
#4 - Brodie Grundy
#5 - Dayle Garlett

wouldnt viney go lower unless there was alot of interest from other clubs ie. tom mitchell was a second round because freo had there eye on him???
Yes but there is a lot of interest in him, and it is highly likely that another club will offer their first round pick for him, meaning in order to get him melbourne has to use their first round pick which at this stage is number 3.

Tominator

Quote from: henry on July 06, 2012, 06:44:36 PM
My tips for Top 5 are:

#1 - Lachie Whitfield
#2 - Jimmy Toumpas
#3 - Jack Viney (F/S)
#4 - Brodie Grundy
#5 - Dayle Garlett

Yes but there is a lot of interest in him, and it is highly likely that another club will offer their first round pick for him, meaning in order to get him melbourne has to use their first round pick which at this stage is number 3.
exactly

Noz

Really have liked your work so far Tom keep it up  :)

Tominator

Quote from: Noz on July 07, 2012, 01:18:59 AM
Really have liked your work so far Tom keep it up  :)

thanks Noz, happy to do it cos I'm really interested in the young guns cos they are about my age, so I enjoy it a lot

PowerBug

Quote from: Tominator on July 07, 2012, 12:05:03 AM
Quote from: henry on July 06, 2012, 06:44:36 PM
My tips for Top 5 are:

#1 - Lachie Whitfield
#2 - Jimmy Toumpas
#3 - Jack Viney (F/S)
#4 - Brodie Grundy
#5 - Dayle Garlett

exactly
No. He will only go at 3 if whoever has picks 1 or 2 wants him. ;) If someone below wants him then Melbourne must take him with their next pick. ;) That is why there was spectulation that if Melbourne were to go winless, then they'd get 1,2 and Viney as their 3rd pick.

The F.A.R.K.

Just to warn you Kennedy is a cow he will piss many people off

Tominator

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on July 07, 2012, 02:19:07 AM
on the field or off it?

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Tominator on July 07, 2012, 02:21:41 AM
on the field or off it?

both...He will be trouble especially if he goes to a Melbourne club. Has a strong reputation in SA for partying to hard and not being very proffesional. You could even see it in the Vic Metro SA game the runner kept trying to take him off but he wouldnt go he thinks he is the best

JBs-Hawks

Would fit in well at the crows with Bernie Vince then.

Tominator

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on July 07, 2012, 06:00:20 PM
on the field or off it?

both...He will be trouble especially if he goes to a Melbourne club. Has a strong reputation in SA for partying to hard and not being very proffesional. You could even see it in the Vic Metro SA game the runner kept trying to take him off but he wouldnt go he thinks he is the best

I'm sure that will change when he hits AFL, after all his last name isn't Connors  ::)

I'm from SA and I haven't heard that, have you got some inside info on the Sacred Heart College goss ay? ;)

Still, if that puts off AFL clubs and allows him to slip out of the Top 10 then I would be a very happy man because the Crows could pounce if he gets that far.. doubt he will though

disco1992

on the field or off it?

to be fair the afl clubs can change people for instance jack darling got expelled twice and had so many problems the year before he was picked up but he has been changed by wce and is a future star now

Tominator

Quote from: disco1992 on July 07, 2012, 10:32:53 PM
on the field or off it?

to be fair the afl clubs can change people for instance jack darling got expelled twice and had so many problems the year before he was picked up but he has been changed by wce and is a future star now

yeah and David Swallow also had issues at his school before he got to AFL level - has hardly put a foot wrong since arriving at GC

On the other hand, Dustin Martin is what could go wrong - I reckon he is trouble. He was expelled from school and dropped out in Year 9, his dad apparently has bikie connections, and he "needs guidance on basic life lessons" apparently - but hopefully he doesn't eventuate into a problematic player

And I reckon Kennedy will follow in the ways of Darling and Swallow - once you get to AFL level generally that feeling of invincibility fades and you wanna impress the coaches through hard work not cockyness

Tominator

2012 NAB U18 All Australian Team:

B: Sam Colquhoun (SA), Matt Scharenberg (SA - U/A), Luke McDonald (VIC M)

HB: Jimmy Toumpas (SA), Jack Hogan (WA), Nick Vlastuin (VIC M)

C: James Aish (SA - U/A), Oliver Wines (VIC C), Lachie Whitfield (VIC C)

HF: Jack Billings (VIC M - U/A), Taylor Garner (VIC C), Jack Martin (WA - U/A)

FF: Ben Kennedy (SA), Joe Daniher (VIC M), Matthew McDonough (SA)

1R: Brodie Grundy (SA), Jonathon O'Rourke (VIC M), Nathan Hrovat (VIC M)

INT: Andrew Boston (QLD), Dayle Garlett (WA), Jake Neade (NT), Jackson Thurlow (TAS)

State Representation

South Australia - 7
VIC Metro - 6
VIC Country - 3
Western Australia - 3
Queensland - 1
Northern Territory - 1
Tasmania - 1

Note - U/A = Under-Age player, which means they are ineligible for this year's draft