2013 DT Rookies - Stars of the NAB U18 Championships

Started by Tominator, June 29, 2012, 05:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

If Crows don't get either Kennedy or Colquhoun with their first pick (can't get Toumpas), i'm gonna be mad, could have had one of these last year ::) common B Crouch, and in to my team probably: Crouch, Colquhoun, Wines 8) but gee how did the Crows let Toumpas go after that final series with the Eagles?

Tominator

Quote from: tbagrocks on July 06, 2012, 01:01:35 AM
If Crows don't get either Kennedy or Colquhoun with their first pick (can't get Toumpas), i'm gonna be mad, could have had one of these last year ::) common J Crouch, and in to my team probably: Crouch, Colquhoun, Vines 8) but gee how did the Crows let Toumpas go after that final series with the Eagles?
Do you mean Brad Crouch?

Toumpas was eligible for the mini draft?!?! Gee that makes me peeved off.....

Colquhoun wasn't eligible for mini-draft I know that, but he's still locked into my team. Other locks:
Toumpas, Grundy, Wines, Kennedy (if FWD), Daniher, and one of Viney or Whitfield

Hope we get a 33-man squad like last year so I can fit them all in!! :P

I reckon Kennedy will go anywhere between pick 6 and 14, so hopefully the Crows can land him or Colquhoun, but Kennedy is a gem and he will be a steal if he slips out of the Top 10.

TheHanger

Quote from: Tominator on July 06, 2012, 12:43:33 AM
Quote from: Shaddy94 on July 06, 2012, 12:32:13 AM

Marco Paparone - WA, #23, key forward - 86 DT points
Another surprise packet from WA, this guy could've hit the DT ton had he kicked straight - he ended up with 1.3 - but was lively early, given that WA were getting smashed. 19 possessions and took 6 grabs being used as a key forward, but he could only use it at 63% efficiency. Showed promising signs however

I have personally played against this guy in the colts competition and he is a gun, IMO the best player in the colts competition, he works really hard and finds alot of the footy, he has good skills and his size makes him a key target. will devs be worth a look next year

OK thanks for the analogy on him, I hadn't heard much about him (like most of the WA boys)

How early in the draft do you think he will go?

tut tut tut lol someone needs to work on their grammar skills, i assume you mean anecdote, or maybe analysis

back on topic, toumpas will definitely be my first picked rookie and is their a possibility he will be DPP? even if he is not named first round, barring long term injury he would still be my first picked

Tominator

Quote from: TheHanger on July 06, 2012, 01:43:46 AM

Another surprise packet from WA, this guy could've hit the DT ton had he kicked straight - he ended up with 1.3 - but was lively early, given that WA were getting smashed. 19 possessions and took 6 grabs being used as a key forward, but he could only use it at 63% efficiency. Showed promising signs however

I have personally played against this guy in the colts competition and he is a gun, IMO the best player in the colts competition, he works really hard and finds alot of the footy, he has good skills and his size makes him a key target. will devs be worth a look next year

OK thanks for the analogy on him, I hadn't heard much about him (like most of the WA boys)

tut tut tut lol someone needs to work on their grammar skills, i assume you mean anecdote, or maybe analysis

back on topic, toumpas will definitely be my first picked rookie and is their a possibility he will be DPP? even if he is not named first round, barring long term injury he would still be my first picked

haha thanks for the correction! ANALYSIS!! That was the word I was thinking of, you get what I meant..

Toumpas may possibly be a DPP because he plays midfield in SANFL and has done so for most of his junior career, but has been playing off half-back in the past few games at SANFL.

This kid plays a lot like DYSON HEPPELL and if he is MID/DEF DPP it would be Heppell Mk 2 :D :D

Tominator

he may not be very DT relevant for next year - he may not even get drafted - but there is one player whose progress I am definitely watching cos it highlights how multicultural our game is. Not sure if anybody has heard of this guy but this is a fantastic story.

Emmanuel Irra - #17, SA, midfielder
Born in Uganda, he fled the war-torn country with his family when he was a child. Lived in a refugee camp in Egypt for over a year and eventually the family were granted asylum to Australia where they moved to the Southern suburbs of Adelaide. Emmanuel dreamed of being a professional soccer player but picked up football just before his teenage years and showed all the signs of a star of the future. Played for South Adelaide development squads throughout his teenage years, and has already debuted in the SANFL with South Adelaide as a 17 year-old late last year. So far this year he has dominated the comp at U18 level, culminating in Emmanuel representing his state in the U18 Championships. Has extreme pace and just an excitement machine, and is the first African footballer to play at SANFL level. Great young guy as well, and even if he does not get drafted, he is still a brilliant inspiration for young foreign footballers around the nation, and a great image for our great game.

TheHanger

hopefully gets drafted and pips Majak Daw to the post for first african player (or is it just first Sudanese Majak will be) to play a game!

Ziplock

either one would be the first african born afl players, but for instance saad has 2 egyptian parents, was born in australia but grew up in egypt.

Ricochet

Quote from: Noz on July 01, 2012, 06:24:38 PM
Dayle Garlett to go top 5 he is a freak.
absolute freak. under the right guidance he will destroy afl

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Tominator on July 06, 2012, 01:50:23 AM

haha thanks for the correction! ANALYSIS!! That was the word I was thinking of, you get what I meant..

Toumpas may possibly be a DPP because he plays midfield in SANFL and has done so for most of his junior career, but has been playing off half-back in the past few games at SANFL.

This kid plays a lot like DYSON HEPPELL and if he is MID/DEF DPP it would be Heppell Mk 2 :D :D
Mk 3. Kavanagh is mk 2.

Tominator

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on July 06, 2012, 10:00:19 AM

Mk 3. Kavanagh is mk 2.
Kavanagh isn't MID/DEf. I'm not saying Toumpas necessarily is already, I'm just saying it would be like that if he is next year

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Tominator on July 06, 2012, 10:17:15 AM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on July 06, 2012, 10:00:19 AM

Mk 3. Kavanagh is mk 2.
Kavanagh isn't MID/DEf. I'm not saying Toumpas necessarily is already, I'm just saying it would be like that if he is next year
Toumpas has also played a few games especailly in Finals last year for the Eags in the foward pocket. I reckon he will be a mid only that is his spot he only plays half back or fp occaisonaly. TBH Id see him lining up at half foward in the AFL until he finds his feet but he wil definately be among the best over coming years. Lock Lock lockity lock

Tominator

+1 ^

Nice thoughts, I agree with you there on all of that

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Tominator on July 06, 2012, 11:01:51 AM
+1 ^

And even through his hip injury he will still go top 3. He was among best in the SANFL grand final, Captain of the SA state side and when he didnt have his hip injury was racking up 30+ touches. He will recover and clubs know this and wont want to miss out on this kid

Another one from SA, Luke Dunstan. He is solidly built and kicked a few from just outside 50. Hige leg for a small foward and could get games early on? Anyone else got any more info

Tominator

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on July 06, 2012, 11:04:44 AM
+1 ^

And even through his hip injury he will still go top 3. He was among best in the SANFL grand final, Captain of the SA state side and when he didnt have his hip injury was racking up 30+ touches. He will recover and clubs know this and wont want to miss out on this kid

Another one from SA, Luke Dunstan. He is solidly built and kicked a few from just outside 50. Hige leg for a small foward and could get games early on? Anyone else got any more info

My tips for Top 5 are:

#1 - Lachie Whitfield
#2 - Jimmy Toumpas
#3 - Jack Viney (F/S)
#4 - Brodie Grundy
#5 - Dayle Garlett

Stringer, Kennedy, Wines will all be very close, but as a Crows supporter I'm secretly hoping Kennedy slips outside the Top 10 ;)

Joe Daniher will go first pick for Bombers under F/S rule so he will be between 10-15 I'd say.

yeah FARK I like the look of Dunstan too except he is an under-ager so cannot be picked up til next year. Picked up like 20 touches or something on Wednesday. One to watch next year though!

MTTY

Quote from: Tominator on July 06, 2012, 11:31:24 AM
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on July 06, 2012, 11:04:44 AM
+1 ^

My tips for Top 5 are:

#1 - Lachie Whitfield
#2 - Jimmy Toumpas
#3 - Jack Viney (F/S)
#4 - Brodie Grundy
#5 - Dayle Garlett

Stringer, Kennedy, Wines will all be very close, but as a Crows supporter I'm secretly hoping Kennedy slips outside the Top 10 ;)

Joe Daniher will go first pick for Bombers under F/S rule so he will be between 10-15 I'd say.

yeah FARK I like the look of Dunstan too except he is an under-ager so cannot be picked up til next year. Picked up like 20 touches or something on Wednesday. One to watch next year though!

I doubt the Crows will be able to get Kennedy. Possible Colquhoun but i cant see teams letting Kennedy slip to the Crows. Surely the Dees will atleast take him at 13 if available.