2013 DT Rookies - Stars of the NAB U18 Championships

Started by Tominator, June 29, 2012, 05:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

Anybody been watching them on FoxFooty today?

Here are 10 players to watch from today's games in my opinion:

VIC Country 6.15 (51) vs VIC Metro 8.18 (66)

Ollie Wines - #33, VIC Country, midfielder - strong midfielder who picked up 18 disposals and one of VIC C's best. Kicked 1.2 and ran hard all day. 85 DT points.
Lachie Whitfield - #9, VIC Country, midfielder - kicked 0.4 and didn't play extremely well. Only picked up 13 disposals, did some good things but didn't play the way you'd expect from somebody widely tipped to be #1 Draft Pick. 50 DT points
Nathan Hrovat - #6, VIC Metro, midfielder - really like the look of this kid, a classy midfielder who got 21 touches and kicked a nice goal. One of five Carey Grammar schoolboys in the VIC Metro side. 97 DT points.
Jack Viney - #28, VIC Metro, midfielder - at the bottom of just about every pack all day, and earned 16 touches and 4 tackles. Didn't set the world on fire, but Melbourne would be crazy to pass this guy up as father-son. 64 DT points.
Tom Temay - #11, VIC Metro, defender - highest possession-getter on the ground with 24 disposals. Valuable link for his team from defence to attack. 80 DT points.

Western Australia 4.10 (34) vs. South Australia 12.12 (84)

Sam Colquhoun (pronounced Col-hoon) - #7, SA, defender - has been a real surprise packet, had averaged 28 disposals across the carnival. Sweeping across Half-Back and mopping up everything, picked up 32 disposals today. Could be a real draft smokey. 104 DT points.
Jimmy Toumpas - #2, SA, midfielder/defender - SA captain and already played in an SANFL premiership with Woodville-West-Torrens. Injured hip which he has been carrying for a while but still got 21 touches. 76 DT points.
Brodie Grundy - #42, SA, ruckman - the best ruckman in the carnival, tipped to be Top 10 draft pick. Gun of the future. Already played with Sturt in SANFL and racked up 25 hit-outs. 78 DT points.
Matthew McDonough - #15, SA, forward - mid-sized forward who dominated the scoring for SA. Took 8 marks, kicked 6.3 and very lively up forward all day. 115 DT points.
Dayle Garlett - #2, WA, midfielder - another player I am predicting big things for. Widely tipped to go high in the draft, he had blistering pace yet great poise. Kicked a classy goal from the pocket and had 27 disposals. 107 DT points.

Anybody else catch your eye today?

* players eligible for this year's draft - so Thomas Boyd, Jack Billings, Matt Scharenberg, James Aish, Matt Crouch, etc not included

hally25547

colquhoun was really good, as was toumpas. Whitfield is a gun. I would add Viney to that list. Although not at his best he played pretty well. Also, I don't think Boyd is eligible for this years draft.

Tominator

Isn't he? Oh, well in that case Viney would definitely be next in line, if Melbourne pass him up they are crazy IMO

Colquhoun has had not much attention at all but he keeps performing in every game. I reckon he could go Top 20 in the draft. DT smokey too? ;)

Locinator

Josh Bench. Don't think he is playing in U18 but has racked up 30+ disposals and BOG the last 3 weeks in the TAC Cup

Football Factory

Quote from: Locinator on June 29, 2012, 06:05:04 PM
Josh Bench. Don't think he is playing in U18 but has racked up 30+ disposals and BOG the last 3 weeks in the TAC Cup
His name puts me off a little  ;D

Locinator

Haha. Also another one is Christian Jaksch. 194cm plays Forward and Back and could be a good MPP link with Brent Staker in 2013 between the two ends of the ground

Noz

Noz

James Aish is another very good player to look out for he played a good game for South Australia with 25 touches, Will go end of 1st round start of 2nd.

JBs-Hawks

James Aish is a gun and is keeping mitch Grigg out of the norwood team. Surely would be close to #1 in 2014

Noz

Ah for some reason i thought he was eligible for this years draft oops

Phasir

I'd chuck a vote in for Jack Martin from WA, midfielder who loves to tackle & can kick goals

Tominator

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on July 01, 2012, 06:45:31 PM
James Aish is a gun and is keeping mitch Grigg out of the norwood team. Surely would be close to #1 in 2014
no doubt Aish will go #1 in 2013 Draft, they reckon he is playing so well at the moment he'd go Top 20 if he was eligible this year (but born in 1995 so he isn't). I've seen him play for Norwood, I was literally in awe of him

Quote from: Locinator on July 01, 2012, 06:22:39 PM
Haha. Also another one is Christian Jaksch. 194cm plays Forward and Back and could be a good MPP link with Brent Staker in 2013 between the two ends of the ground
Jaksch is another Carey Grammar boy (along with Hrovat, Viney and two more) and he looked good as well

Quote from: Noz on July 01, 2012, 06:24:38 PM
Dayle Garlett to go top 5 he is a freak.
Garlett looked amazing on Friday. Heard big wraps and I'll be watching him closely on Wednesday as well. Hopefully he is MID/FWD!  ::)

Kellogscrunchynut

Tominator

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on July 01, 2012, 09:47:28 PM
Is Dane Gartlett related to Jeff?

believe there is some relation there but whether it is brother or cousin I'm not 100% sure

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: Tominator on July 01, 2012, 09:48:37 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on July 01, 2012, 09:47:28 PM
Is Dane Gartlett related to Jeff?

believe there is some relation there but whether it is brother or cousin I'm not 100% sure
Thanks mate and top write-up by the way.