Trade or Keep Giles?

Started by dogdog, June 27, 2012, 08:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogdog

Not sure what to do about Giles fellas, keep him till the end or trade him out for someone like Big Mummy?

The Bomber

How many trades and how many upgrade till your finished team???

He is serviceable as a second ruckman IMO...

pikla

Firstly, don't go anywhere near Mummy. Back issues isn't something that you really want to be taking a risk on and he still looked ginger on the weekend. Secondly, depends on your team, $, and trades left.
His first year in AFL so might be getting a bit tired and a BE of 125 means his gone for mine

leighroids

Keep him. Trade him out only if come finals time he starts to really drop off. His doing his job as a 2nd SC ruck quite well I reacon.

pikla

Quote from: leighroids on June 27, 2012, 08:39:14 PM
Keep him. Trade him out only if come finals time he starts to really drop off. His doing his job as a 2nd SC ruck quite well I reacon.

Apart from injury concerns he has really been struggling since Brogan has come in

specky lecky

A big break even to consider this week. Hemm

Madmax75

I have him Cox and Kreuzer but im trying to construct a team with back ups on all lines (with maybe Goodes as a F/M swinger) so leaning towards keeping him for the enevitable resting of the Cox. This week maybe? Unless a cheap downgrade ruck comes along with job security or im desperate for money im not going to trade him

The Bomber

Quote from: pikla on June 27, 2012, 08:44:30 PM
Apart from injury concerns he has really been struggling since Brogan has come in

How do you figure?
Common round both Giles and Brogan have played:
Rd 3 - 81
Rd 4 - 106
Rd 6 - 56 (but Brogan only scored 16 so it didn't affect Giles' game)
Rd 13 - 54 ...One point to you...

pikla

For someone that has avg over 90 for the season prior to brogans return those numbers do tell a story but I have based my decision to trade him mainly on last weekend as I was watching closely and Brogan was taking most of the ruck duties. Now this may be because they are nursing Giles back or because Giles may be getting tired, not sure just my opinion but if you were to jump ship it should be this week

chadsta112

I'm in the same boat. 8 trades left...but have players like Malceski, Grimes etc. who could get the boot. I think i'm stuck with Giles. If I had more trades to use i'd try to work Maric in after he drops a bit.

T Dog

Keep the big Gile man there dogdog... :o

chadsta112

Having read/said that...i'm going to have a serious look at Jon Griffin. Easy run home and imo will Ave somewhere between 90-110ish. Anybody considered this trade?

EZA100

you could consider sam jacobs only adelaide ruck man in the side now and if jenkins does come back he normally plays forward. griffin has clarke so that does take away some sc ruck points but clarke has been getting points.

masedog333

ive got 4 trades left with a team of premiums but the only guy in their who is a semi-premium is our man giles. if he scores above 80 this week i will look to keep him, but then if he scores poorly the next few i will look to trade him, but if he scores below 80 i will look to offload him next week. it all depends on this week for me, 80 is the pass mark

ubeaut

Everyone's situation is a bit different. For me he's a great backup ruck. I have Cox and he will prob be rested. Giles is second ruck ATM but with only a couple of other upgrades to do and 11 trades it makes sense to get a higher scoring 2nd ruck.

All depends on trades left ,money/upgrades needed and if he is 2nd or 3rd ruck. Great to have as backup if u can afford to. Keep if u can.