What To Do With Newman? (Pic of team)

Started by The Bomber, June 27, 2012, 03:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bomber

I give up on this guy. I've stuck to the rule, don't trade out your premiums, for long enough. The dilemma is what do I do with him.
The obvious answers is swap for Carrazzo, Suckling or Fisher. But they are all taken with future trades...

Firstly here is my team:

I have BJ in the midfield so I was thinking about waiting till Pendles comes back and drops in price, and go Newman-->Pendles. But for that to happen, Newman-->Pendles cannot cost me more that 150k (±20k). Looking at his projected price changes it doesn't look good.
I could get Scotty Thompson this week, but if Marty Clarke is named, I'd prefer to go Clarke-->Suckling instead so save $$$.

ATM my tentative trades are:
Sandi-->McEvoy
Clarke-->Suckling

Ideas anyone???

Samm79

I'd leave him and upgrade Clarke, Ellis first. He may come good, but if he doesn't then trade.

tor01doc

If Clarke is named he goes out and Goddard moves back.

Need another gun forward. Can you afford Beams? If so, get him and DPP Zorko to mids if needed later.

Rucks are a problem, but if Redden or 'Notso' Big O named you could wait a week.

GoLions

If you need some more cash, maybe consider Sandi to Tom Campbell from the dogs, and then you should have enough to go Clarke-->Carrazzo/Birchall/Scotland etc and still have enough to go Newman-->Pendles when he gets back. Then a bit later on upgrade either Redden or Big O to Cox/Maric maybe, although this may require 1 more downgrade.

charliesheen

How many trades do you have left?

Really R13 was the round you wanted to get rid of him, not sure its worthwhile now.  I think this year is more about finding value (especially around byes) than trying to get the "perfect" team.

jmoynihan9

Quote from: tor01doc on June 27, 2012, 03:29:43 PM

Need another gun forward. Can you afford Beams? If so, get him and DPP Zorko to mids if needed later.

Rucks are a problem, but if Redden or 'Notso' Big O named you could wait a week.
Why need a gun forward when zorko is scoring so well and is a perfect F7?

devize

I'd get Goddard into defence and Clarke to a premium mid.

PICCOLLO

Quote from: Samm79 on June 27, 2012, 03:25:48 PM
I'd leave him and upgrade Clarke, Ellis first. He may come good, but if he doesn't then trade.

+1

tor01doc

Quote from: jmoynihan9 on June 27, 2012, 04:00:19 PM

Why need a gun forward when zorko is scoring so well and is a perfect F7?

I worry about Couch and he may end up going and Zorko fits in Goddard's hole!

The Bomber

I have 11 trades remaining with $200 odd k in the bank

I was thinking about leaving Zorko as F7 for awhile and maybe bring in Beams if Zorko hits a wall/finals, whichever comes first...

Quote from: GoLions16 on June 27, 2012, 03:37:43 PM
If you need some more cash, maybe consider Sandi to Tom Campbell from the dogs, and then you should have enough to go Clarke-->Carrazzo/Birchall/Scotland etc and still have enough to go Newman-->Pendles when he gets back. Then a bit later on upgrade either Redden or Big O to Cox/Maric maybe, although this may require 1 more downgrade.
I am trying to avoid as many downgrades as possible. With 11 trades remaining, my original plan leaves me with 4 safety. An extra downgrade brings this to 3 which is very low...

Quote from: devize on June 27, 2012, 04:38:34 PM
I'd get Goddard into defence and Clarke to a premium mid.
So don't wait for Pendles??? Will be a steal and epic during finals...

Is it worth pulling the trigger on Newman now or hold for a couple of weeks. Mind you I do want to keep the long term prospects good...

charliesheen

Newman is the least of your concerns right now.  Focus on your other upgrades.

1 mid
2 defenders
1 rucks

When you have finished those upgrades, you can then assess whether it is worth upgrading the weakest point in your team (whether that be Giles/Newman).

The Bomber

Quote from: charliesheen on June 27, 2012, 06:49:51 PM
Newman is the least of your concerns right now.  Focus on your other upgrades.

1 mid
2 defenders
1 rucks

When you have finished those upgrades, you can then assess whether it is worth upgrading the weakest point in your team (whether that be Giles/Newman).

Yeah I got that.
Ellis --> Carrazzo
McDonald --> Rookie

Darley --> Fisher
Adams --> Rookie

Next 2 weeks...Just wondering whether it would be better offloading Newman sooner rather than later...

Also Giles is going to be my second ruck...Sandi out this week for McEvoy