Franklin or Beams

Started by dwink23, June 27, 2012, 12:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwink23

Usually just troll the boards, but wanted to get everyones opinion.

I know, I should have had franklin before now, but have freed up some cash and looking to bring him in for Porplyzia, but then considered Beams. Who would you bring in? My team is as follows:

Deledio  Goddard  Waters  Golby  Lake  Mackie  H Shaw |  Darley  Bootsma

Stanton  Thompson  Ablett  Sidebottom  Selwood  Boyd  |  McDonald  Hill

Giles  Kreuzer  |  Redden Derickx

Dangerfield    Chapman  Pavlich  Porplyzia  Adams  Zorko  Dickson  |  Sexton  Crozier

$320,100 in the bank, 5 trades left. Only going for league honours. Only concern is price dip for Franklin if he drops off, and Beams score once Pendles comes back...

Or, if you see any other better trades feel free to chuck in your thoughts.

Thanks!

dickitch

Tough one right now i reckon - How does your league game look this week and next, if you think you got it why don't you hold off.  Franklin is set to drop in value over the next couple of weeks and you also get to see how Beams performs - then you've saved on trades and can bring in one closer to the finals.  Also Porps is unlikely to lose anymore value.

Marcos83

Iwouldgo franklin. Nearly everyone has him for a good a reason. Beams although a gun may\may not drop off  a bit. No1 knows becasue his never been able to perform for a full year like this. How many times do players have a splendid start and then flower it up towards the end?

Plus once pendles is back and the pies gunns are all fully fit I would love to see how he goes.

tor01doc

dwink23

Quote from: dickitch on June 27, 2012, 12:29:57 PM
Tough one right now i reckon - How does your league game look this week and next, if you think you got it why don't you hold off.  Franklin is set to drop in value over the next couple of weeks and you also get to see how Beams performs - then you've saved on trades and can bring in one closer to the finals.  Also Porps is unlikely to lose anymore value.
Yeah, leaning towards Franklin. Might have this weeks match up covered so might hold out for a week or so like you suggested. Definitely a concern with Beams once Pendles is back, but then Swan and or Pendles will get the tag which could leave Beams to run free....Will hold off on Buddy this week, and no doubt watch him rack up a huge score lol. Thanks guys!

upthemaidens

Quote from: dwink23 on June 27, 2012, 12:18:05 PM

I know, I should have had franklin before now, but have freed up some cash and looking to bring him in for Porplyzia, but then considered Beams. Who would you bring in? My team is as follows:

Dangerfield    Chapman  Pavlich  Porplyzia  Adams  Zorko  Dickson  |  Sexton  Crozier

$320,100 in the bank, 5 trades left. Only going for league honours. Only concern is price dip for Franklin if he drops off, and Beams score once Pendles comes back...

Thanks!
swap sidebum into forwards for sexton/crozier,, and upgrade mcdonald to an elite prem. (watson/swan/pendles)

enzedder

Quote from: upthemaidens on June 27, 2012, 02:33:17 PM
Quote from: dwink23 on June 27, 2012, 12:18:05 PM

Thanks!
swap sidebum into forwards for sexton/crozier,, and upgrade mcdonald to an elite prem. (watson/swan/pendles)
Good advice. The way to go.

Marcos83

Eventuall then trade porps to franklin.

The Bomber

Quote from: Marcos83 on June 27, 2012, 03:14:12 PM
Eventuall then trade porps to franklin.
Not until finals...

Premium Midfielder is the way to go

dwink23

I like your thinking - was playing around with sidebum to fwd - think I'll go down this route, then get franklin in before the finals. Traded Pendles out the week he got injured, so think I'll go watson or swan...Thanks again!

upthemaidens

Quote from: dwink23 on June 27, 2012, 05:44:23 PM
I like your thinking - was playing around with sidebum to fwd - think I'll go down this route, then get franklin in before the finals. Traded Pendles out the week he got injured, so think I'll go watson or swan...Thanks again!
no prob.  ideally you could keep mcdonald has a decent EMG. and also have a dpp link(like sexton) as the other benchie for flexibility..   but i dont think Hill is worth anything, so maybe see if he can go up 100k in next 2-3 weeks than upgrade him instead is another option.
   (i dont know anything about hill  i.e. job security etc.) bradley hill  hawks?  gather its not stephen hill  freo

dwink23

Yeah, Hill from the Hawks. Was planning on hanging onto him and seeing what happens with him, if I can make a little bit out of him then trade closer to the finals. With sidebum going fwd it helps out my fwd line a bit and gives me room for another premo mid so happy with that for now I reckon! Leaning towards Swan for the upgrade as he's has 3 rests including the bye so should hopefully play out the rest of the games...hopefully lol

EZA100

beams plays a mid role and is doing very well with swan,side bottom and then when pendlebury comes back there the carlton of the first half of the season :)

upthemaidens

Quote from: dwink23 on June 27, 2012, 06:05:49 PM
Yeah, Hill from the Hawks. Was planning on hanging onto him and seeing what happens with him, if I can make a little bit out of him then trade closer to the finals. With sidebum going fwd it helps out my fwd line a bit and gives me room for another premo mid so happy with that for now I reckon! Leaning towards Swan for the upgrade as he's has 3 rests including the bye so should hopefully play out the rest of the games...hopefully lol
cant go wrong with swan.  personally would take him over anyone (bar ablett) if price is no issue, since it doesnt look like hes gunna go to arizona now.     like you said he hopefully will play all games from now on.
  ofcourse he may get a rest leading up to finals, but that could happen to any premium. so cant worry about that

dwink23

Exactly, have bitten the bullet and bought Swanny in for Jmac. Hopefully free up a bit more cash towards the end of the season and bring in Buddy and then my team will be complete (from my point of view atleast lol). Thanks for the thoughts guys, and thinking outside the box upthemaidens!  ;D