Jumping the Gun on Carrazzo

Started by Duck, June 26, 2012, 10:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would it be worth getting him this week despite his probable price drop?

Yes
11 (37.9%)
No
18 (62.1%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Duck

At 4 trades left and 2 upgrades remaining for my whole team (if Giles remains a R2) I need 2 defenders.

Current DEF: Deledio, Goddard, H. Shaw, R. Shaw, Birchall, Bugg, Darley, Ellis, S. Shaw

Money in the bank: $339,200

I'm going to trade out Bugg this week after holding onto him for quite some time so with $663,800 to spend with Bugg (I need atleast 200k for the Ellis > Carrazzo trade) no one is appealing to me.

My number one option atm is Suckling priced at $403,400. This would leave me with $260,400 which is more than enough to just get Carrazzo in this week and gaining the extra points between Darley and him. Should I do this or should I save some more money in case Giles needs to be traded.

If I do jump the gun on Carrazzo, I would have $52,300 left in the bank. I think this would be enough in case Giles fails and my number 1 option would probably be Jamar just  below $400k at the moment which should be easily gotten with that amount of money in the bank.

Should I do this or....

nathan11

With 4 trades left better to wait til next week for carrots Ellis should go up and carrots down in price and the extra $ will be handy if you need to upgrade Giles jamar not an upgrade IMO I am hoping Giles can stay til hmac gets fitness back

pikla

Normally no, but in your case I think it may be a good move

Duck

Quote from: nathan11 on June 26, 2012, 10:18:24 PM
With 4 trades left better to wait til next week for carrots Ellis should go up and carrots down in price and the extra $ will be handy if you need to upgrade Giles jamar not an upgrade IMO I am hoping Giles can stay til hmac gets fitness back

Well I thought about it and I don't think 20k should make a massive difference because most of the rucks are already way too expensive unless I want to get someone like McEvoy / Luey.

brownmans muffins

Maybe you could look at a different DEF this week and leave Ellis-Carrazzo another week.
Enright is looking OK price and BE-wise from memory.

The Bomber

Stick with your original plan. Worst comes for worst and you need a replacement for Giles there are cheap options like Mummy and McEvoy as you said. Premo rucks aren't as important IMO because they seem to be dropping like flies, and the top ruck (Mulletman), has been good but not super like Sandi and Cox have been over the past few years.

Last year it would have killed you not to have Cox (I didn;t for ages) and lost sooo many games because he scored 140 alot. NO ruck is doing this so stick with your plans. Also don't write off Giles yet. He scored in the 50's once already this year. THe following game he came out and smashed it for 134! Hoping he can do the same again