Main Menu

AFL Team Draft

Started by Scrads, June 26, 2012, 09:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

Hey guys, this idea was floated in the English 15s draft thread and was pretty popular so I am just bringing it here now to see if it will go ahead.

Basically I am thinking we try and draft the best team we possibly can (taking into account actual AFL performance and structure, so not fantasy points which means we need FBs and CHBs and stuff) I guess for the team you would want if it were playing a grand final at the conclusion of the draft. Maybe we could actually have a voting system at the end where 1 by 1 we match up teams and have a knockout comp to decide the winner.

Things like injuries and suspensions would be ignored, it would be assumed that every player is fit and ready to play. If it was a knockout comp, we would need 8 or 16 teams, how many would people prefer ?

Also, I think it is fair if we dont just use the AFL team names, maybe get inventive and make our own ;) Anyway let me know who, how and what you are keen for :)

EDIT: Also just adding, I would definitely want to enforce a 24-hour time limit so only commit if you are active enough to do so. Obviously pms forward and stuff can help :)

List of Coaches:
Scrads: Atlanta Hawks
KoopKicka: Seattle Sonics
BB0618: LA Lakers
roo boys:
monstrum: Boston Celtics
Spinking: New York Knicks
JBs Hawks:
Noz: Dallas Mavericks
whatlez:
picker_man: Miami Heat
Jukes: OKC Thunder
Holz/ele:
Zombie2.5: Chicago Bulls
meow meow: Harlem Globetrotters

KoopKicka

Im certainly in Scrads, looking to progress from an English 15's assistant ::)

I reckon 16 teams. Ill think of a name, but yeah, lock me in. :)

bomberboy0618

I'm in. Sounds brilliant.

roo boys!

monstrum

yeah i'm keen sounds good

how would they play against each other? using SC scores or something>?

Scrads

Quote from: monstrum on June 26, 2012, 09:35:14 PM
yeah i'm keen sounds good

how would they play against each other? using SC scores or something>?

Teams matched up randomly h2h in a knockout format, voters would vote for the best side. This is for actual AFL performance instead of fantasy scores, so you wouldnt get many votes if you didnt have a proper FB (Darren Glass) and such.

Spinking

I'm in Scrads.

Do we need some clarification around how many of each position should be selected or is it just open slather?

Scrads

Quote from: Spinking on June 26, 2012, 09:43:25 PM
I'm in Scrads.

Do we need some clarification around how many of each position should be selected or is it just open slather?

Basically name your team like a normal 21+ sub + 3 emergencies I reckon.

Spinking

When are you thinking of kicking off?

Scrads

Quote from: Spinking on June 26, 2012, 09:46:09 PM
When are you thinking of kicking off?

As soon as we have 16 coaches playing. I was thinking a 48 hour time limit for the first round, and 24 hours for every round after that.

JBs-Hawks

Noz

monstrum

sweet sounds good scrads

monstrum

hey scrads put watlez in he's not on but he'll wanna do it

Scrads

Quote from: monstrum on June 26, 2012, 09:52:02 PM
hey scrads put watlez in he's not on but he'll wanna do it

Yeah was actually just about to =P