Main Menu

AFL Team Draft

Started by Scrads, June 26, 2012, 09:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinking

Quote from: Scrads on June 26, 2012, 10:32:57 PM
Just confirming guys.

Drafting the best team you can for an AFL Match (no relevance to fantasy footy).

Injuries and Suspension ignored.

Teams of 22. 6 backs, 6 forwards, 5 mids, 1 ruck, 3 interchange, 1 sub.

First round time limit 48 hours, every round thereafter is 24 hours.

So to clarify - interchange and sub can come from anywhere?

KoopKicka

Yep Spin,

maybe if we get the teams we might kick this off later tonight or tomorrow? (Wishful thinking) :P

Scrads

Judging:
I was thinking that when we go to h2h matches, all the other coaches vote for who they think will win. Maybe I have to give everyone a vote structure like:

Defence:
Midfield:
Forwards:
Flexibility:
Balance:

and you state who is better in each category, so one team will obv win 3 votes out of 5 (at least) and therefore get that persons overall vote.

Thoughts ?

meow meow

I'll have a crack at this.

Scrads

Quote from: KoopKicka on June 26, 2012, 10:37:50 PM
Yep Spin,

maybe if we get the teams we might kick this off later tonight or tomorrow? (Wishful thinking) :P

Only need 2 more teams :)

Spinking

Agree that there needs to be a structure for allocating the vote. Concern might be gamesmanship - couldn't competing coaches vote for weaker teams to increase their chances of winning?

Also what are you calling this Scrads?

Spinking

Quote from: meow meow on June 26, 2012, 10:40:08 PM

I'm interested to go up against Meow, my drafting guru in the English. Good luck mate!

Scrads

The other alternative is we get a panel of say 5 people who judge each match up for us, that would have to mean 5 people who aren't taking part in the game to commit though...

Spinking

Quote from: Scrads on June 26, 2012, 10:45:11 PM
The other alternative is we get a panel of say 5 people who judge each match up for us, that would have to mean 5 people who aren't taking part in the game to commit though...

I prefer this. 5 well respected impartial coaches.

meow meow

Quote from: Spinking on June 26, 2012, 10:43:33 PM
Quote from: meow meow on June 26, 2012, 10:40:08 PM

I'm interested to go up against Meow, my drafting guru in the English. Good luck mate!

I'm sure you'll do well without my help.

I want my team to be the Harlem Globetrotters.

Scrads

We seem to be stuck on 14 guys, does anyone want to stop it at 14, then when we do KO, cut it to 7 first round, then have a wildcard come back in from the eliminated 7 teams ?

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on June 26, 2012, 11:15:04 PM
We seem to be stuck on 14 guys, does anyone want to stop it at 14, then when we do KO, cut it to 7 first round, then have a wildcard come back in from the eliminated 7 teams ?

sounds good.

meow meow

If another 2 want to join before we have completed the first round then there would be nothing stopping them, would there?

Noz

Quote from: Holzman on June 26, 2012, 11:17:34 PM

sounds good.

Have 2 conferences, 14 teams split into 2 conferences.

Conference 1
A,B,C,D,E,F,G

Conference 2
H,I,J,K,L,M,N

Everyone round someone from the first conference plays someone from the second conference while head to head matches go on like the same say

Conference 1                         Conference 2                    Conference battle
A V B                                        H V I                                 G V N
C V D                                        J V K
E V F                                        L V M

Scrads

Quote from: Noz on June 26, 2012, 11:22:15 PM
Quote from: Holzman on June 26, 2012, 11:17:34 PM

sounds good.

Have 2 conferences, 14 teams split into 2 conferences.

Conference 1
A,B,C,D,E,F,G

Conference 2
H,I,J,K,L,M,N

Everyone round someone from the first conference plays someone from the second conference while head to head matches go on like the same say

Conference 1                         Conference 2                    Conference battle
A V B                                        H V I                                 G V N
C V D                                        J V K
E V F                                        L V M

I think it would be a little tedious mathcing up EVERYONES teams together, but it is something to build off.

Everyone want the draft to start tonight ? ;) to random.org :P