Yes - Lock depending on position
3 (10.7%)
No - he's a potato
7 (25%)
Maybe - Watch in the NAB cup
18 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Sydney14

I know its still 2012 but who doesnt like to look at future prospects.

Shaun Atley of North Melbourne has been playing a different role this year, running off half back. He scored an impressive 110 on the weekend which was he highest score to date. Atley averaged mid 40s last year and was less than impressive, this year he is averaging a solid 70+

I think this guy could have a third year breakout in 2013 and average close to 90. He may even be DPP Def/Mid or just Def.

Obviously early days yet but what do you think about him?

demon_spud

Probably no. 

None of the Roo midfielders look to be able to be consistent. 
Ziebell and Swallow for instance.  Atley only went big against weak teams.

As a 350-400k price range I'd look elsewhere for a proper elite or a rookie, and North don't look as if they are showing anything as a team that is competitive.

jfitty

I voted for maybe. If he is listed as a defender (not sure if he is this year?) you would have to consider him. Absolutely smashed it on the weekend, played a fantastic game off half back. Another full preseason and Atley could be the next up and coming backman

roo boys!

We desperately needed someone to run off half back and chucking Atley down there has proved a masterstroke so far. Very quick, and at the moment he should be pretty safe with that spot, the only other option being Sierakowski.

Could be worth a look if he stays relatively cheap.

Quote from: demon_spud on June 26, 2012, 06:16:16 PM
None of the Roo midfielders look to be able to be consistent.

Atley playing in defence more than midfield this year.

Atley only went big against weak teams.
Adelaide a weak team?

North don't look as if they are showing anything as a team that is competitive.
We've been inconsistant, but wins against Geelong and Adelaide and being a straight kick away from beating Essendon shows signs of being a team that is competitive to me....