WXV: Round 12 - Players refreshed or rusty?

Started by ossie85, June 26, 2012, 04:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Some stunning matches this week, I've missed the regular Worlds competition!

After suffering a shock loss, the first in the club's history, Sao Paulo head to London. London are just the type of team that can cause an upset, and this game is not a certainty, but surely the Premiership favourites won't drop 2 in a row. The Suns Captain Ablett is fresh of his freakish BOG performance in the Worlds match, while regular London captain Brent Stanton has been struggling.

After winning there first 4, New Delhi have since won only 2 of the next 7, but have stayed in touch with top 8. The Tigers need to win games against big contenders, and the Mexico City Suns are contenders.

I think this is the match-of-the-round. The maginificent midfield of Cape Town facing off against the powerful side that is Toronto. Unfortunately for Toronto, superstar Scott Pendlebury will be missing, which tips the odds in Cape Town's favour.

No Murph? No Warriors? Losing to the top 3 teams is nothing to be ashamed of, but the Warriors haven't been competitive in any of these. Moscow - a team who have won 6 of the last 7 - are in terrific form, but still sit outside the 8 after losing the first 4. Wellington's top 4 credentials are on the line, and even top 8.

Hard to gauge the Beijing Bears, and they host the PNL Reindeers who have been in decent form of late. A poor percentage to the Bears mean they can't afford to drop games like this.

The Brewers put everybody on notice a few weeks back with 170+ score, and are trying to demand respect in what has been a disappointing season after securing consecutive wins for the first time. Buenos Aires have won 4 of the last 5 though, and with Dane Swan reaching peak form, they look a smokie.

Sitting only marginally in the top 8 by percentage alone, the Seoul Magpies are vulnerable, however they welcome back #1 ruck Ben McEvoy this week. However, the form of the Pacific Islanders has been shocking, losing the last 4, with Captain Chris Judd in career worst form. Do or die for the Islanders.

Sitting 2 games and percentage out of the 8, Tokyo are at long-odds of making the finals, and need to make a run now. Dublin have the worst percentage of the league, and with PNL only 1 match behind, need at least another win to avoid the spoon you would think.

3 wins in a row for Cairo has rejuvenated a season of pain, but would need a miracle to make the finals. The New York Eagles have struggled to put a team on the field recently, but recently pushed the Seoul Magpies to the final player of the day.

Round 12

Home Team   Score      Score   Away Team   Location

Cape Town Cobras   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Toronto Wolves   Newlands Cricket Ground
Moscow Spetsnaz   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Wellington Warriors   Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow
Berlin Brewers   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Buenos Aires Armadillos   Olympic Stadium, Berlin
London Royals   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Sao Paulo Pumas   Stamford
Seoul Magpies   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Pacific Islanders   Seoul World Cup Stadium
New Delhi Tigers   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Mexico City Suns   Wipro Stadium, Nagpur
Cairo Sands   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   New York Eagles   Borg El Arab Stadium, Alexandria, Egypt
Beijing Bears   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers   Beijing Olympic Park
Tokyo Samurai   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Dublin Destroyers   National Olympic Stadium, Tokyo

CrowsFan

Big names due back this week for the Pumas. Fair to say I am excited with the fact that Fisher and McMahon are back from their injuries and Waters back from suspension. Could be the first time since week 1 that I play my best 4 defenders! :D

Maca24

Waite, Didak, Hodge, Foley and Sandi will continue to miss.
Ivan now becomes the main man in the ruck, and arguably the clubs most vital player.
Burgoyne, Gilbert and Ibbotson have hit form while McLean has become another viable option in the midfield.
Good news with Goodes and Lewis returning.
N.Riewoldt 50/50 with a calf will hope he can play.

Backs: M.Mattner, S.Gilbert, S.Burgoyne, M.Firrito.
Mids: B.Goddard (C), B.Howlett, J.Bartel, B.Ebert.
Rucks: I.Maric (VC)
Forwards: P.Chapman, A.Goodes, J.Lewis, N.Riewoldt.
Bench: G.Ibbotson, B.McLean.
Emergencies: D.Pfieffer, J.Sellar, K.Hardingham.

Unavailable: Lecras, Foley, Hodge, Didak, Waite, Nicoski, Sandilands, Mellington.

meow meow

Moscow Spetsnaz

B: Heath Shaw, Dustin Fletcher, James Frawley, Jason Blake
C: Tom Liberatore, Harley Bennell, Adam Treloar, Ryan Bastinac
R: Jordan Roughead
F: Dustin Martin, Jonathan Brown, Shaun Higgins, Allen Christensen
I: Dayne Beams (vc), Nic Naitanui (C)

E: Alex Sexton, Steven Morris, Tyrone Vickery

Out: Brandon Matera, Ben Sinclair, Marty Clarke
In: Heath Shaw, Allen Christensen, Jordan Roughead

Good to see Caolan Mooney get his first AFL game.

CrowsFan

Pumas Round 12 Team

Def - Waters, Fisher, McMahon, Houli
Mid - Ablett, Sloane, Cross, Hannebery
Fwd - Roughead, Blair, Whitecross, Wright
Ruck - Minson
Int - Griffin, Motlop

Emg - Jacobs, Harwood, Armstrong

Captain - Gary Ablett
Vice Captain - Rory Sloane

In - Beau Waters, Sam Fisher, Scott McMahon, Daniel Cross, Jon Griffin, Steven Motlop
Out - Rory Thompson, Zach Tuohy, Tony Armstrong, Hamish Hartlett, Mitch Wallis, Sam Jacobs

New - Steven Motlop

Some big changes at the Pumas this week!! I was not impressed with the performance last week during our first loss for the season and so some wholesale changes have been made. The defense has been strengthened significantly with the introduction of Waters (back from suspension), Fisher and McMahon (both injured) and so expecting a much better effort defensively this week. Hartlett getting injured has managed to save Hannebery from getting dropped, with Cross coming in as the replacement. Jacobs had a poor showing last week and so Griffin is a straight swap for him. Wallis has been omitted as we want a bit more speed and creativity, which debutante Motlop will give us. Motlop becomes the 27th player to pull on a Puma jersey :)

Purple 77

YES!!

The backline half comes back with the return of Hibberd, who was leading my b & f before he got injured (thats how good he was going), and Rising Star Dylan Grimes!

All i need now is Duffield and Andy Otten to return and im set!

And perhaps Chris Knights, my Seoul Magpie recruit (and playing his second AFL game :(), may get his debut this week......

ossie85

First of all, congratulaions to Brett Deledio, Ryan Griffen and Patrick Dangerfield for representing EurAsia and all being named in the best players. Hopefully the form continues as we take on the Pacific this week.

Also coming off representative duties are Jack Steven and Matthew Scarlett for Vic Country - with Steven winning the Vic Country medal. Bryce Gibbs represented South Australia, Tom Scully represented Vic Metro, Brent Renouf the Internationals and Chris Yarran the Aboriginal XV.

Brett Deledio named Captain again this week, and he leads a back-line with the inform Matthew Scarlett and Jason Gram. Nick Maxwell returns to the XV after solid performances, replacing Eric Mackenzie who has not taken his chance.

No change to the 6 man midfield this week, but Liam Anthony is in the wings putting pressure on for positions.

Big news that #1 ruck Ben McEvoy comes back into the side, replacing the hard-working Brent Renouf.

Unchanged forward line, with news Rhys Stanley is getting close to fitness.

D: B Deledio (c), M Scarlett, J Gram, N Maxwell

M: R Griffen (vc), J Bolton, J Steven, J Kelly

R: B McEvoy

F: P Dangerfield, L Power, H Ballantyne, C Dawes

I: B Gibbs, T Scully

E: H O'Brien, R Stanley, B Renouf

In: B McEvoy, N Maxwell
Out: B Renouf, E Mackenzie

PowerBug

Gees, i can't remember my squad at all. :P

Backs: Scotland , Hurn , Buckley , Wojcinski
Mids: Swan , Boyd , J.McKenzie , K.Cornes
Rucks: Warnock
Fors: Robinson , Crameri , Westhoff , C.Cornes
Int: Petrenko , D.Nicholson
Em: D.Rodan , P.Stewart , J.O'Brien

Gee, my team does suck. Sweanny skipper and Boyd vice as per usual. :)

bomberboy0618

Defender   I   Brian Lake
Defender   II   Harry Taylor
Defender   III   Rhyce Shaw
Defender   IV   Ryan Hargrave
Midfielder   V   Andrew Swallow
Midfielder   VI   Shaun Grigg
Midfielder   VII   Shane Tuck
Midfielder   VIII   Steele Sidebottom
Ruck   IX   Matthew Kreuzer
Forward   X   Clancee Pearce
Forward   XI   Adam McPhee
Forward   XII   Eddie Betts
Forward   XIII   Jake King
Interchange   XIV   Brent Guerra
Interchange   XV   Luke Tapscott

Emergency   
   I   Robbie Tarrant
   II   Cale Hooker
   III   Josh Hunt

Captain   Steele Sidebottom
   Vice-Captain   Andrew Swallow

Vale my forward line. My three top picks all out. My team is really weak :/.

Cookie Monster

Backs: Robert Murphy (VC), Joel Macandold,  Andrew Mackie, Brad Sheppard

Midfield: Brent Stanton (C) Brent Reilly, Jarrad Mcveigh, Danyle Pearce

Ruck: Tom Bellchambers

Fowards: Michael Hurley, Jeff Garlett, Chris Mayne, Luke Bruest

Int: Stephen Hill, Matthew Broadbent

Emg: Cale Morton - James Mcdonald - Richard Douglas

Justin Bieber

Parisian Nice Lyon Reindeers.

Def - Chris Newman, Christian Howard, Tyson Goldsack, Heath Grundy.
Mid - Matt Priddis (VC), Kade Simpson, Nathan Jones, Daniel Rich.
Fwd - Matthew Pavlich, Cyril Rioli, Steve Johnson (C), Liam Jones.
Ruck - Matthew Lobbe.
Int - Jarrod Harbrow, Dylan Shiel.

Emg - Tendai Mzungu, Luke McPharlin, Marley Williams.

IN: Christian Howard, Matthew Lobbe, Liam Jones, Jarrod Harbrow.
OUT: Luke McPharlin, Matt Thomas, Andrew McQualter, Marley Williams.

Quite a few changes after the byes. The rock in McPharlin has been been dropped for poor performances for the blistering Howard. Lobbe comes straight into the side as there has been no distinguished ruckman playing all season. Jones finds himself very lucky to take the last forward spot in his form. Harbrow also comes back into the side after injury, but young Marley "Swarley" Williams must be dropped to make room, which was a tough place to be in.

Boomz

Def: M Suckling, P Davis, J Carlisle, B Stratton
Mids: L Jetta, K Jack (C), L Shiels, S Selwood
Fwds: T Cloke, B McGlynn, L Dahlhaus, K Tippett(VC)
Ruck: T Campbell
Inter:  L Shuey, J Gunston
Emer1: H Hocking
Emer2: A Kennedy
Emer3: J Patton

Campbell playing at the right time with all our other rucks dropped or injured. Gunston gets a run too.

Holz

Select YourTeam   
   Your XV   
Defender   I   Scott Thompson
Defender   II   Nathan Grima
Defender   III   Troy Chaplin
Defender   IV   Brodie Martin
Midfielder   V   Dale Thomas
Midfielder   VI   David Mundy
Midfielder   VII   Michael Barlow
Midfielder   VIII   Callan Ward
Ruck   IX   Shane Mumford