The Age and Herald Sun shake ups

Started by T Dog, June 25, 2012, 10:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

Will Dream Team or Supercoach comps survive the next 2-3 years?...sadly may be pay on line only... :'(

Justin Bieber

Quote from: T Dog on June 25, 2012, 10:26:27 PM
Will Dream Team or Supercoach comps survive the next 2-3 years?...sadly may be pay on line only... :'(

DT should stay free.

You will hae to pay in SC very soon.

TheHanger

Is this just speculation? or has it been talked about

S_Coach99

nostradamus

Quote from: whatlez on June 25, 2012, 10:41:56 PM
Quote from: T Dog on June 25, 2012, 10:26:27 PM

DT should stay free.

You will hae to pay in SC very soon.

l hope not, but if it goes that way.........l'm better at DT anyway  ;)

McRooster

It will be the day fantasy sport died  >:(

Kudos to our esteemed provider here in the forum, m0nty, he is happy enough with advertising revenue whilst continuing to provide a free service.

I will not pay.

Not unless the extra revenue is channelled through Call to Arms, the Ted Whitten Foundation or Light the Night.

Andrew

Quote from: McRooster on June 25, 2012, 11:29:36 PM
I will not pay.

Not unless the extra revenue is channelled through Call to Arms, the Ted Whitten Foundation or Light the Night.

Not a bad call. Seeing all the corporate promotion and marketing information gained from the players of Dream Team, it's not even "free" at the moment...

Mr.Craig

Here's an interesting article from a while back that suggests fantasy football could possibly go down the same route as online games like Cityville in charging money to unlock content along with rewarding players for recruiting/advertising at others.

I know there is already Ass. Coach but it could potentially go much further than that. Or not, who knows.

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/game-on/2012/04/11/how-the-afl-and-news-limited-got-into-videogames/

SydneyRox

SC seems a matter of time before it costs to play...

DT... hopefully stays the same, premium stuffm they can charge for as they see fit....

TheHanger

If they charged for DT and SC they will lose 90% of users. Ridiculous that it is even considered and it won't happen, people play because it can be easy and fun. No one but the most die-hard will pay. I doubt even half the people on this site will pay to play.

Chopps

Because all stats come from one place and it's obtainable information. Free alternatives would pop of it became pay to play. I pay for assistant coach but I won't pay to play and sure as hell hate the idea of pay to unlock additional features or content barring assistant coach As its merely stats I could find if I wasn't lazy

m0nty

Neither DT or SC will ever be pay to play. The main reason for this is that it would be illegal, as you can't charge a fee for entry into a marketing promotion. This is part of the state gambling regulations, to ensure that only licensed gambling operators can run gambling operations. The only way that could happen is if it runs through a Darwin bookmaker, which will never happen with DT/SC.

That Crikey article is horribly misinformed. No, fantasy football is not a video game Daniel, you idiot. #1, #5 and #6 are impossible due to the above. #2 is also unworkable, as the Premium DT experience shows. #3 is probably also illegal under rules for promotions.

Charging for premium content about fantasy football will increase as long as there is a market for it, and there surely is a market. This is not a bad thing. The talk by Daniel of DT/SC getting "manipulative" like a Cityville game is complete tosh.

Windigo