Giles to Ryder or Clarke to Suckling

Started by Hazza09, June 25, 2012, 02:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazza09

I'm thinking of doing 1 trade this week as I only have 8 left and 102k in the bank.
Not sure which one of the two trades ive listed is the best one to go with.

My def is: Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Scotland, Clarke, Dempsey, S Shaw
Ruck is: Cox, Giles, Big O, Redden

Plan is the following week to bring in Carazzo and downgrade Big O to Campbell.

Any other ideas would be great.
Must win game this week or my season is over  :'(

Blues Blues Blues

I'm not sold on suckling, and I think your rucks need more attention than backs so would go Ryder IMO. Should tear it up against the dogs

FonFatty

Not to sure on Suckling, if you want a defender from Hawthorn I would consider Burgoyne, he has so much upside as we saw last start. He has been used as Mr Fixit recently but with the full squad coming together over the next couple of weeks I am sure the hawks will play Burgoyne where he does the most damage, midfield rotating through half forward flank. When he plays in this position he scores very well. Good POD too if you want to win league games.
Currently averaging 85, 4 points less than Suckling.
As for your Ryder trade, I would honestly look elsewhere or wait a week or 2. With Hille back in the fold I cant see Ryder scoring like he was earlier in the year.

Hazza09

I only have 4 premium defenders and Birchall at times is a worry with his 80avg scores.
Then Clarke is a liability, Dempsey isn't consistent and S Shaw is a 60pt player at best!
I have Darley and Spurr on the bench. So my Backline is a worry and I've lost to many games this
season cause of that.

As for Giles I think he is cooked! To many sides have the Cox/Maric combo which is killing me also, so I guess
it comes down to who will avg the most for the rest of the season

Hazza09

Good point there Fonfooty on Burgoyne, I noticed his score against the Lions but he hasnt been great this season, also didnt he play in Lewis position that game?
The Hille/Ryder combo shouldn't hurt Ryder's score as Bellchambers was playing that second ruck role while Hille was out.
We know that Bellchambers is not a good SC scorer so not sure if Hille will hurt his scores.

The Bomber

I like Suckling. His recent scores have been lowish, but his DT scores aren't that bad. Means either his disposal efficiency was low or he got the ball when the game was over. Either way his scoring can improve and I can see that happening.

Given Clarkes run of form you gain more upgrading your backline (+20-30ppg) whereas your rucks you get less (15-20ppg)...

In saying all that why are people talking about Suckling??? Carrazzo as you mentioned is a much better option. Get him in this week or next...

Also are your other lines completed? If you should upgrade Giles eventually and this week would be preferable...8 trades is enough for 2 upgrades. Giles is basically a sideways trade to a fallen ruckman.

ScottieD

I like Suckling at his price, and as the Bomber pointed out - DT scores are better and he has a ripper kick which usually means he scores better in SC.  Hawks look solid on run home, I think he'll come back to high 400s and avg round the 90-91 mark by seasons end.  He's underpriced for his current average of 88.9 anyway.

Contrary to what others are saying, I wonder what everyone sees in Carazzo.  He averaged 93.3 last year which was good compared to his 2010 where he avergaed 78.7.  He had a good year in 2007 averaging 102, however, has really played defensive roles since then.  His disposal isn't great, so you are reliant on his ball winning ability in order for him to bag a good score.

What about waiting a couple weeks for S. Fisher?  You could snag him for a price tag starting with 3.  Just depends if you think he'll get back to previous form.  I don't see why not - coach change might be a reason - but not sure about that.

fever

if it's a must win game probably ryder then