Opinions on Mumford! Time for a new 2nd ruck

Started by Bennyy, June 24, 2012, 11:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bennyy

Ive got 45k in the kitty and looking to upgrade Giles. Would love Maric but obviously that would require 2 trades which isnt Ideal. Another Ruck and forward would make my team huge.

Obviously Mumford is in my price range, and is clearly one of the best he showed great things Friday night. What are peoples thoughts, Im sure its going through a few others minds too.

HotTiges

he is a bargain but am concerned about how he pulled up lame on Friday night late in the game. I really don't know if I can afford to trade him back in and only for him to go down again.. I expect he will get rested at least once more before finals.. but who knows??

Bennyy

Yeah I loved his game, but thats what worries me. There aint really many rucks I consider 'premium' but he is one. Ruckman injuries are always a worry. Would love Ivan the way he is going but he is pricy. And would need to downgrade Redden or Orren I guess, and then upgrade and thatd leave me with 6 trades, needing another premo forward.. Hmmmm!!

HotTiges

Yeah Giles coming back from the injury prob hampered his scores.. im backing him to have a better week this week..

Bennyy

Yeah I think he will too, but I still dont consider big Giles a premium. Might have put some thought to the Maric trade

FonFatty

I initially wanted to pick up Swan this week, but man I want The mullet Maric in my team, he is going to dominate the rest of the season with the draw the tiges have. Have $300k in the kitty, am thinking Giles to Maric and another tempting trade is Shiel to Rockliff. Every year there is that dominant ruckman and this year without doubt it is Maric. Picking up someone else this time of the season is risky IMO, whereas with Maric you know what you will get. 110+ every week!!

Jay

Tom Campbell is a good downgrade if you have your heart set on Maric...6 trades, only needing 1 more forward is good mate, dont stress :)

As for Mumford, Im considering also...should get close to 450k and be a nice in for redden/orren....injuries are the only concern as when he is fit he is one of the best...maybe ask around the 'Sydney' board (i know tabs & sydneyrox are pretty on-the-ball in regards to swans) to see if a resting late is on the cards as well!

Good luck :)

Bennyy

Thanks for your help guys. Yeah I have all week to think but it might be the way to go, not many have either in my leagues. Some Sydney advice would be great but you worry about a sore back on a big guy. Maybe that double trade and then wait to upgrade JMac to a Mid/fwd and switch him forward. Loved Tom Campbells work be good if he stayed instead of young Rough!

The Bomber

I had him basically as a lock at 3 qtr time, and then his back started to play up. Looked much better now and got a lot more time in the ruck. McEvoy doesn't seem to bad as well coming on injury and scoring decently. Saints won't rest him and he will get major game time given they don't really have any other ruckmen...

willo_8

I'm in the same boat but with a bit more money. Was thinking of going Giles to Ryder as a second ruck, what do you guys reckon? (dean cox is my first ruck)

quinny88

Quote from: willo_8 on June 25, 2012, 12:24:55 AM
I'm in the same boat but with a bit more money. Was thinking of going Giles to Ryder as a second ruck, what do you guys reckon? (dean cox is my first ruck)

Grab big Ivan if money isnt an issue

Bennyy

Yeah starting to think I might. With Goodes falling should be able to swap Jmac to him in a couple of weeks and have him as F6!

Capper

So you have about $460K to spend is that correct Benny??

Mummy would be a good pick up. Absolutely loves the SCG in SC, can even be picked as a captain 140+. But only plays 3 of the remaining 5 home games at the SCG. But also scored well (165) against the saints last year at ANZ. He looked great on the weekend until a knock in the back caused him some problems. Will he have a rest later in the year?? Maybe, but i can see most rucks having at least one more rest

If you want to save $15k Griffin would also be a nice pick

SydneyRox

i picked up Mummy last week myself. He will hopefully plsy this week, his back didnt look too serious, but added to the fact he was out on his feet, he struggled at the end. Still picked up 97 SC points...
Cons are that, I would think he is 1-2 games off fitness and 2-3 off form, I think his BE is high as well this week.

I cant see him not scoring well for the back half of the season though, which is why I have brought him in...

Capper

just to let you know that i have had Mummy all year and will keep him all year