Main Menu

I Hate Channel 7

Started by upthemaidens, June 23, 2012, 12:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthemaidens

seriously channel 7 what the hell..  a blockbuster game at MCG between two of the better sides in the comp. and you dont put it on telly.. oh no we have to wait until tonight to see the most boring defensive shower team in the league play..
and furthermore when did saturday day games become a no go zone for footy coverage? friggin joke, its totally bull shower..
btw im in SA, not sure what games vic gets.... not happy >:(

LF

It just seems obvious that they want everyone to pay to watch the games live on Foxtel.
Even tho a lot of people either don't want to or can't afford to.

upthemaidens

Quote from: luvfooty on June 23, 2012, 12:23:23 PM
It just seems obvious that they want everyone to pay to watch the games live on Foxtel.
we get better coverage of the god awful rugby here than footy.. SA we dont watch rugby,, im sitting here on a cold grey saturday and i want to watch footy... what has the world come too?  they are even showing a bloody horse race from england, but a decent game of footy.. oh no how dare they show that......

KoopKicka

Quote from: upthemaidens on June 23, 2012, 12:32:17 PM
Quote from: luvfooty on June 23, 2012, 12:23:23 PM
we get better coverage of the god awful rugby here than footy.. SA we dont watch rugby,, im sitting here on a cold grey saturday and i want to watch footy... what has the world come too?  they are even showing a bloody horse race from england, but a decent game of footy.. oh no how dare they show that......

Yea nojoke, and its not like they have limited channels here in SA, WHY THE flower IS NOT ON 7MATE THEN! cyuadvuyfdvbfudybc8yufvb

Ringo

I can not really complain because of after many years of only seeing Lions game live (not that I complain about that) we are now seeing a minimum of 4 games live in Qld on 7 mate each weekend.  Fair enough 2 are lions and Suns games but getting an additional 2 is gold this year. A lot better than the Friday delayed at midnight,

Had Sydney Geelong last night; today Brisbane Western Bulldogs; Freemantle Essendon; tomorrow Melbourne GWS,
and for the record do not have fox on principle of paying for what should be free.

By looking at some of the posts it appears as though 7 mate is not being used in other states like it is in Qld.  All our AFL is on 7 mate nothing on 7 itself.

KoopKicka

Quote from: Ringo on June 23, 2012, 12:49:55 PM
I can not really complain because of after many years of only seeing Lions game live (not that I complain about that) we are now seeing a minimum of 4 games live in Qld on 7 mate each weekend.  Fair enough 2 are lions and Suns games but getting an additional 2 is gold this year. A lot better than the Friday delayed at midnight,

Had Sydney Geelong last night; today Brisbane Western Bulldogs; Freemantle Essendon; tomorrow Melbourne GWS,
and for the record do not have fox on principle of paying for what should be free.

By looking at some of the posts it appears as though 7 mate is not being used in other states like it is in Qld.  All our AFL is on 7 mate nothing on 7 itself.
Nah, nothing is on SevenMate here in SA, we get the Friday night live, and the saturday night live as well. And a sunday game if we are super lucky. Footys the only sport down here so I find it very odd. :/ And also they always show the Crows games live but not Ports?  FUYFVudvudc b8yvdub dfv Port supporters actually exist 7 :/

BB67th

In Vic we normally get 4 a week showing most of the Victorian teams (always Essendon  ::)). But in the bye weeks we only get 2 or 3 a week, but Queensland gets 4 games a week even during byes? Something really wrong there and the worst part is we are stuck with this for the next 5 years.

upthemaidens

for real  queensland get 4 games this round (a non afl state) and we get 3 games, one of them being ross lyon crap(watching paint dry) freo game...  and while the blockbuster pies/eagles game is on  what are 7 showing,,, some crappy tele-movie

BB67th

Quote from: upthemaidens on June 23, 2012, 01:10:59 PM
for real  queensland get 4 games this round (a non afl state) and we get 3 games, one of them being ross lyon crap(watching paint dry) freo game...  and while the blockbuster pies/eagles game is on  what are 7 showing,,, some crappy tele-movie

Just looked on the AFL site and it turns out QLD got 4 games last week as well when Vic only got 2. Just goes to show that AFL is all about the money from TV rights now and they can make a few extra dollars by making us sign up to Foxtel. This is complete crap from the AFL, can't even watch the game being played in our own backyard.

Nails

wtf are you all smoking?

The good game is on @ 2:10pm @ Docklands.

wtf is this about a blockbuster at the G? pfffft

CrowsFan

Same in Sydney regarding the 4 live games thing, except we obviously get the Sydney and GWS games over Lions and Suns.

Although they aren't showing any game until tonight here either. I'm guessing it's just because it's a bye round and so there are less games being played so less that 7 are allowed to show. This week we are getting/got Sydney vs Geelong, Freo vs Essendon and Melbourne vs GWS.

I'm also not complaining about the coverage. It's great :D

Ziplock

I'm with CF, I've got no issue with the coverage :P

upthemaidens

so i guess if im not prepared to pay for foxtel, i should just be thankful for the games i get for free... ::)
  .." if i was a rich man da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da"  i'll just sit on the roof and fiddle then :)

Ziplock

PowerBug

It's not a Channel 7 error that Coll vs Wce isn't on free TV, it's the AFL for putting the usual Twilight subi game at night and the traditional MCG night game at twilight. :P

Apart from that it's no biggie. At least with Freo we'll get a clsoe game. :P