Seriously Everitts SC Score??????

Started by LF, June 22, 2012, 11:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikla

Another example, how can Sam Shaw have 1 kick at half time AND a free against and be on 13 points? WTF??

theta

Quote from: Usman on June 24, 2012, 05:32:45 PM
Quote from: theta on June 23, 2012, 04:41:35 PM
Quote from: Usman on June 23, 2012, 03:38:55 PM
its not subjective there would be/is a scaling formula for important acts during pressure moments of games. Im not saying i particularly agree that someone should be awarded more points for kicking the winnig goal than any other goal in a match. However if they are going to scale this it does need to be consistent this is what i am defending because they are consistent with scaling. There is NO cheating.

those pressure acts are subjective.  you cant say everitts goal deserves to be scored more than any other.  remove the scaling and there is no more problem.

Did you read what i said?? i quoted that im not sure whether or not the winning goal shouls be awarded more points than a regular goal. But if it is going to be awarded more then it needs to be consistent over ALL games which it is because the game winning goal is always awarded high points

yes I did read what you said. "its not subjective".  I also acknowledge you said "it needs to be consistent over ALL games".

what im saying is having a set scaling formula for pressure acts is wrong - the very act of scaling 'pressure' IS subjective, making the scoring inconsistent. 

For instance, if Everitt had kicked the goal with 10 seconds left how much more pressure is involved?  So how much more should he score?  OR if he kicked it with 10 minutes to go how much less should he score?

Subjective & Inconsistent. 

Maybe a better way to say it would be consistently-inconsistent due to subjectivity....or maybe just flowered. 

After 4 years of defending sc im going back to dt next year.  As much as I hate its simplistic scoring at least its not as misleading.

Usman

Quote from: theta on June 24, 2012, 11:33:14 PM
Quote from: Usman on June 24, 2012, 05:32:45 PM
Quote from: theta on June 23, 2012, 04:41:35 PM
Quote from: Usman on June 23, 2012, 03:38:55 PM
its not subjective there would be/is a scaling formula for important acts during pressure moments of games. Im not saying i particularly agree that someone should be awarded more points for kicking the winnig goal than any other goal in a match. However if they are going to scale this it does need to be consistent this is what i am defending because they are consistent with scaling. There is NO cheating.

those pressure acts are subjective.  you cant say everitts goal deserves to be scored more than any other.  remove the scaling and there is no more problem.

Did you read what i said?? i quoted that im not sure whether or not the winning goal shouls be awarded more points than a regular goal. But if it is going to be awarded more then it needs to be consistent over ALL games which it is because the game winning goal is always awarded high points

yes I did read what you said. "its not subjective".  I also acknowledge you said "it needs to be consistent over ALL games".

what im saying it having a set scaling formula for pressure acts is wrong - the very act of scaling 'pressure' IS subjective, making the scoring inconsistent. 

For instance, if Everitt had kicked the goal with 10 seconds left how much more pressure is involved?  So how much more should he score?  OR if he kicked it with 10 minutes to go how much less should he score?

Subjective & Inconsistent. 

Maybe a better way to say it would be consistently-inconsistent due to subjectivity....or maybe just flowered. 

After 4 years of defending sc im going back to dt next year.  As much as I hate its simplistic scoring at least its not as misleading.

I partly agree with you, as i dont think his goal is more important than any other. However if Champion data do think it is more important (which they do) then it has to be consistently rewarded, and i beleive it is, however wrong it may seem in your or my opinion it is still consistent.

Usman

Quote from: pikla on June 24, 2012, 06:51:55 PM
Another example, how can Sam Shaw have 1 kick at half time AND a free against and be on 13 points? WTF??

what about 1%'s and defensive acts do these not count as helping your team? he had 10 1%'s for the game, not a bad number at all. deserves his 39 IMO.

Grazz

Everitt scored as much as Stanton. Got me stuffed  :-\