Seriously Everitts SC Score??????

Started by LF, June 22, 2012, 11:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Don't let it steer you away, its still a great game and a lot of fun. I play both codes DT and SC and enjoy them both equally.
They both have their faults and are criticised regularly about them.
What amazes me is that a lot of people love one and despise the other, i don't get it is even playing SportsBet Fantasy Footy now, again different rules for scoring but still fantasy footy and great fun and a challenge but slightly different.
To me its like AFL footy and SANFL footy, i enjoy going to watch me Crows and in the other Central Districts but they are played with minor variances on some rules and interpretation but both are fantastic for what they are. (Sometimes i think local footy is better if only because the way it is umpired oh and winning Grandfinals haha but that's another topic ) ::)

strikes91

Quote from: HotTiges on June 23, 2012, 01:55:31 PM
Quote from: strikes91 on June 23, 2012, 01:52:23 PM
another example why dt is superior over supercoach

sooooo why are you on a SC forum then??

i play both but the inconsistency is stupid. no one can deny that

pikla

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on June 23, 2012, 03:50:03 PM
Quote from: pikla on June 23, 2012, 03:23:35 PM
I must admit I've defended SC to hills for years now but even im starting to sway towards the other game
I'm more mad about them being tightarses than this. On their Live HQ (used my 2 month trial after they shutdown Footyinfo)
he got 26 points for contested mark and 22 for goal. That seems fair to me.

I think this has just amplified the problem, not only is it getting harder to defend some of the baffling scores in SC but the whole paywall thing, making us pay for the app again, plastering ads all over a paid app, taking away live updates from FF between quarters and other sites, not giving live scores to SC gold subscribers. The HS are just greedy priks that are double dipping everywhere and I've had enough

Grazz

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on June 23, 2012, 03:50:03 PM
I must admit I've defended SC to hills for years now but even im starting to sway towards the other game
I'm more mad about them being tightarses than this. On their Live HQ (used my 2 month trial after they shutdown Footyinfo)
he got 26 points for contested mark and 22 for goal. That seems fair to me.

I think the main problem is that the 22 points and 26 points are variable, if the same thing happened next week would those points be the same. Another example for me is say Bolton kicked 4 goals in the 1st qtr, what makes Boltons 4 goals worth less than Everitt's 1 in the last, cause any real coach will say they are equally as important because without one or the other you couldnt of won. Then on top of that youve got an individual deciding if it was a better contested mark was it a harder goal was it more important. Dont like it. :(

Edit: Just to be fair theres a few things i dont like about DT aswell and im sure they are obvious to all like this point is in SC

theta

same here.

theta

Quote from: Usman on June 23, 2012, 03:38:55 PM
its not subjective there would be/is a scaling formula for important acts during pressure moments of games. Im not saying i particularly agree that someone should be awarded more points for kicking the winnig goal than any other goal in a match. However if they are going to scale this it does need to be consistent this is what i am defending because they are consistent with scaling. There is NO cheating.

those pressure acts are subjective.  you cant say everitts goal deserves to be scored more than any other.  remove the scaling and there is no more problem.

Boomz

Meh consistency is boring. Why DT sucks & I still prefer SC by a long way.

theta

sc scoring is better than dt.  scaling sux balls.

theta

Quote from: Boomz on June 23, 2012, 04:41:54 PM
Meh consistency is boring. Why DT sucks & I still prefer SC by a long way.

yeah consistancy is sooo boring.... i mean why cant players randomly score 300 for winning goals, and ablett randomly get <50 for stellar games....who needs the rules and boundaries....sooooo boring.

duuuhhhhhhhhhhh

Cool9

Quotethose pressure acts are subjective.  you cant say everitts goal deserves to be scored more than any other.  remove the scaling and there is no more problem.

= dreamteam. Champion data will always scale because its a ranking system against a total of 3300 total points, divied up between the most influential players. That's just the way it works - its not an open ended scoring system.

HotTiges

time for someone to dog about tom swift getting 50 odd as sub lol

poolboybob

Quote from: HotTiges on June 23, 2012, 08:20:47 PM

i read this and thought you were kidding. had to go look it up for myself. i knew swift had the ball a little bit in q4, but 51 points? give me a break.

HotTiges

Quote from: poolboybob on June 23, 2012, 11:10:08 PM
Quote from: HotTiges on June 23, 2012, 08:20:47 PM

i read this and thought you were kidding. had to go look it up for myself. i knew swift had the ball a little bit in q4, but 51 points? give me a break.

yeah didn't think he did that much worth while..

SydneyRox

[/quote]

those pressure acts are subjective.  you cant say everitts goal deserves to be scored more than any other.  remove the scaling and there is no more problem.
[/quote]

I disagree, I think you can certainly say that Everitts goal was worth more. Was a massive amount of pressure on him, less than two minutes to go, his team is down by 2 points, almost 50mtr out on 45 degrees... not to mention he is probably kicking for his playing futurem hasnt been able to hold a consistent place in the team.... Not sure it was worth the SC score, but that was a pressure kick, and I am very happy he nailed it!

Usman

Quote from: theta on June 23, 2012, 04:41:35 PM
Quote from: Usman on June 23, 2012, 03:38:55 PM
its not subjective there would be/is a scaling formula for important acts during pressure moments of games. Im not saying i particularly agree that someone should be awarded more points for kicking the winnig goal than any other goal in a match. However if they are going to scale this it does need to be consistent this is what i am defending because they are consistent with scaling. There is NO cheating.

Did you read what i said?? i quoted that im not sure whether or not the winning goal shouls be awarded more points than a regular goal. But if it is going to be awarded more then it needs to be consistent over ALL games which it is because the game winning goal is always awarded high points