Seriously Everitts SC Score??????

Started by LF, June 22, 2012, 11:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noz

Josh Green came on in the last quarter a couple weeks back for the Lions kicked 3 goals in the last quarter to win them the game and gets 54 points.

djmckf

That is why super coach is stupid. Some spud has one lucky kick and beats people who have been working hard all night. Maybe the DT vs sc argument is mute. (DST - DT + SC)/2 score, ultimate fantasy.

gmcjedi

Haha!
Maybe with the Newscorp cost cutting, The Herald Sun have decided to outsource Supercoach scoring duties offshore. That'll save money and keep the punters happy!!!
Does Rupert Murdoch own Champion Data???
  ;D

Samm79

So stoked, have been resisting trading him all year and pow! He pops out an
86!

Kidding...

This is the first time I can WTF is going on, ridiculous. 55 maybe but 86, YHTBFJ.

HappyDEZ

Quote from: Noz on June 23, 2012, 12:22:07 AM
Josh Green came on in the last quarter a couple weeks back for the Lions kicked 3 goals in the last quarter to win them the game and gets 54 points.
If that's a fact I think you have a strong case. By all means judge players by influence but enough with the chook lottery. I will continue to play both, luv it, but SC can be BS at times.

Ringo

Quote from: HappyDEZ on June 23, 2012, 02:39:47 AM
Quote from: Noz on June 23, 2012, 12:22:07 AM
If that's a fact I think you have a strong case. By all means judge players by influence but enough with the chook lottery. I will continue to play both, luv it, but SC can be BS at times.
Was at the game v Eagles and his influence when subbed was outstanding but as you say only 56 SC points from 4 disposals with 3 goals which I think was fair return. The inconsistency is obvious when looking at these 2 cases both were influential in their teams win, both came on at the start of final quarter, similar possessions for quarter (Green 4 and Everitt 6) Green 3 goals compared to Everitts one, One gets 86 SC Points and the other 56. Everitts SC score should have been around 50 - 60 not 86 if we had consistency, 
This is really the one part of SC that frustrates me the final scalings and points for influence on game but will not stop me playing. Need consistency.

tor01doc

Usman

Doesnt look good but if you analyse it and fully understand the scoring system then you would see it is fine. Josh green didnt kick the match winner and didnt do anythin else other than those 3 goals from 4 possesions. Everitt had 6 possesions 3 marks one contested, one mark inside 50, 2 inside 50 entries and a 1% and kicked the match winner in 21% of game time, compared to josh green's 30% TOG. Not bad and i wouldnt be complaining about the scoring, if anything one would think green would score a little higher but im guessing he might have just got on the end of some good play rather than doing alot of good stuff himself.

strikes91

another example why dt is superior over supercoach

HotTiges

Quote from: strikes91 on June 23, 2012, 01:52:23 PM
another example why dt is superior over supercoach

sooooo why are you on a SC forum then??

theta

simple fix for champion data.....DONT SCALE.  Totally subjective and ruins sc.

Grazz

It wont stop me playing SC i enjoy it to much but it is the one part of SC that sucks.
Id like to see that part of SC removed then it would be just about perfect.
The fact that someones opinion decides the value of someones effort and influence is silly because its variable depending on whos opinion it is, one may see it one way and someone else another and it leaves it open to cheating when a large amount of cash is available to the winner.
Imagine its the last round and your looking at finishing #1 overall then something like that happens with a spud like Everitt and it costs you the 1 spot because in someones opinion that goal is worth 50 points rather than say 30 points, it's a bit silly i think.
Theres over a hundred ways you can score in SC, id like to see all the opinionated scores awarded a set point value and leave it at that. Then there can be no cheating, no conspiracy theories like the guy at Champion Data must have that player or his mate does etc.
Had my rant no im over it.  ::)

Quote from: theta on June 23, 2012, 02:57:15 PM
simple fix for champion data.....DONT SCALE.  Totally subjective and ruins sc.

+1

pikla

I must admit I've defended SC to hills for years now but even im starting to sway towards the other game

Usman

its not subjective there would be/is a scaling formula for important acts during pressure moments of games. Im not saying i particularly agree that someone should be awarded more points for kicking the winnig goal than any other goal in a match. However if they are going to scale this it does need to be consistent this is what i am defending because they are consistent with scaling. There is NO cheating.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: pikla on June 23, 2012, 03:23:35 PM
I must admit I've defended SC to hills for years now but even im starting to sway towards the other game
I'm more mad about them being tightarses than this. On their Live HQ (used my 2 month trial after they shutdown Footyinfo)
he got 26 points for contested mark and 22 for goal. That seems fair to me.