Main Menu

Marks up!!

Started by JBs-Hawks, June 21, 2012, 11:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on June 22, 2012, 07:37:10 PM
In Vic it's Jack in the Pack, or Markers up depending what primary school you went to (from what I've found).
I've never heard someone so Markers Up to be completely honest. All my life whenever I've gone to the park, everyone has been calling it Jack.

pyronerd

Quote from: Master Q on June 22, 2012, 08:55:52 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on June 22, 2012, 07:37:10 PM
In Vic it's Jack in the Pack, or Markers up depending what primary school you went to (from what I've found).
I've never heard someone so Markers Up to be completely honest. All my life whenever I've gone to the park, everyone has been calling it Jack.
fickle city folk :P

never in my life have I heard it called anything other than markers up

Spinking

I'm from country Vic and always knew it as Markers Up, except for a few years in the school yard where it was known as taking 'Cappers' after Wawrick Capper... :P

Spite

TheMailman

In the rich grasslands of Sydney that's called a mark

DazBurg

was always markers up when i grew up

BB67th

It's always been markers up in Vic and still is, never heard of Jack in the Pack before.

KoopKicka

Haha playing marks up at Primary School in SA, good times  ::)

Master Q

Quote from: BB67th on June 23, 2012, 01:05:05 PM
It's always been markers up in Vic and still is, never heard of Jack in the Pack before.
Well Spite agreed with me and we live in the same area so it must be certain parts of Melbourne.

upthemaidens

well im in SA and ive never heard of "marks up"  this must be new term for the young folk..  its just kickin the footy i thought..
   now when i was a wee lad we had a game at school, which i hope the young still play,, "MUGBY" no rules no point just if you have the tennis ball everyone on the other team  beats you up hahaha  yr8's & 9's vs yr10's..  arrr now that was some good ol'violent lunch time fun

BB67th

Quote from: Master Q on June 23, 2012, 01:42:16 PM
Well Spite agreed with me and we live in the same area so it must be certain parts of Melbourne.
What part of Melbourne are you from?

Master Q

Quote from: BB67th on June 23, 2012, 01:51:41 PM
South East. St.Kilda, Caulfield,Brighton etc...

BB67th

Quote from: Master Q on June 23, 2012, 02:00:55 PM
Quote from: BB67th on June 23, 2012, 01:51:41 PM
South East. St.Kilda, Caulfield,Brighton etc...
Yeh I'm pretty much in the same area, just a bit further out in some of the suburbs. Guess it just must be what primary school you want to.

Nails

Markers up for me.

Perhaps it depends how old you are as well? like one generation used that gay jack in the pack or whatever you spastics called markers up.

CrowsFan

Quote from: upthemaidens on June 23, 2012, 01:45:35 PM
well im in SA and ive never heard of "marks up"  this must be new term for the young folk..  its just kickin the footy i thought..
   now when i was a wee lad we had a game at school, which i hope the young still play,, "MUGBY" no rules no point just if you have the tennis ball everyone on the other team  beats you up hahaha  yr8's & 9's vs yr10's..  arrr now that was some good ol'violent lunch time fun
Mugby sounds similar to the game "Kill the dill with the pill"  ;D