Main Menu

Marks up!!

Started by JBs-Hawks, June 21, 2012, 11:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

So we got some new apprentice at work this week, just moved to Adelaide from Perth.

Now in Adelaide we call it marks up, apparently you west australians call it king of the pack?

What does all the other states call it?

monstrum

in victoria we call it kickin the footy

Jukes

I'm WA and yeah we call it king of the pack, relying that it is one bloke kicking to a pack of blokes. Or you can have two packs at either end, we do that mostly.

Ziplock

are we just talking about pack marks?

we dont even have a fancy word for it, we just say we're getting some practice for our contested marks :P

Justin Bieber

Yeah King of the Pack is popular in Brisbane.

There's another one, but haven't played in liek 5-10 years..

Zombie2.5

Yeh, SA. Marks Up! 8)

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Ziplock on June 22, 2012, 12:06:02 AM
are we just talking about pack marks?

we dont even have a fancy word for it, we just say we're getting some practice for our contested marks :P

Nah it's we're one person kicks to a pack, if a person takes a mark they are then 'up' and become the kicker.

monstrum

nah we did used to play it here VIC... called it markers up so yeah same thing

elephants

King of the pack or just king for short :)

Ziplock

I used to love placing force-them-back. Makes you insanely good at long kicks, and accuracy as well :P

haven't been able to play in years but :(

Zombie2.5

Used to play at school, sometimes it ranged from just a bunch of guys trying to mark the ball coming their ways. Other times it turned out that it was like a kick-in. The one person would kick it out and the others tried to kick a goal 8) or if they marked it then they become the kicker. Sometimes it was more fun than just kicking and marking.

Good times 8)
I remember i kicked like 6 goals once :)

PowerBug

Master Q

Jack in the pack...

bomberboy0618

In Vic it's Jack in the Pack, or Markers up depending what primary school you went to (from what I've found).

Justin Bieber

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on June 22, 2012, 07:37:10 PM
In Vic it's Jack in the Pack, or Markers up depending what primary school you went to (from what I've found).

Yes it's Markers up or King of the Pack in QLD.