My email to VirtualSports (Vapormedia)

Started by Scrads, June 21, 2012, 09:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Do what we do in the Worlds/Euros comp - players can play in any position. BUT if they play out of position, only half the score counts.

It has never made sense to me that if you have a donut in your back line, but 2 mids not playing, that you go in a man-down. Would never happen in RL.

Andrew

Quote from: ossie85 on June 22, 2012, 03:55:34 PM

Do what we do in the Worlds/Euros comp - players can play in any position. BUT if they play out of position, only half the score counts.

It has never made sense to me that if you have a donut in your back line, but 2 mids not playing, that you go in a man-down. Would never happen in RL.

I don't mind that idea... But you'd probably find it impacting on selection, i.e. selecting 8 premium forwards with 1 in midfield so you can swap them into your backline compared to have a spud rookie covering late in the season (as often happens).

Justin Bieber

Rockcliff has to be mid/fwd and Jimmy Bartel on last night's performance has to be Def/Mid.

Football Factory

Quote from: Spinking on June 22, 2012, 01:40:19 PM
Quote from: tabs on June 22, 2012, 12:58:37 PM
Quote from: Scrads on June 21, 2012, 10:13:35 PM
Quote from: tabs on June 21, 2012, 10:03:13 PM
nice ideas Scrads

Just one thing though, 3 extra bench spots with no extra money and no new teams next year makes it hard to get rookies that will play in those spots

re: the money, I figured it was self-explanatory that the salary cap would increase to accomodate the extra spots.

re: the rookies, people forget that in 2010 and in previous years we had no franchise teams yet still had rookies to choose. It just meant there were less, which may mean an extra mid pricer or two. At this rate, half the league next year will be discounted players, so it will be manageable for sure.
just like my team this year. If they go with this i can see alot of teams with GC and GWS mid pricers next year but i think everyone will have the same rookies and mid pricers so the only difference will be the prems

Also on TPPs, i was talking about this earlier in the year with my mates and there are several players that could be in this category, i agree with Puopolo and Petrenko but not Ryder. He is just a FWD/RUCK. But some others could be LRT (BACK/RUCK/FWD), ROK (BACK/FWD/MID) and at a stretch Goodes (MID/FWD/RUCK). Also some (not all) utility players could become TPPs (BACK/FWD/MID)

I like it.  What about some players just being named as 'Utilities' and you could play them anywhere?
+ 1

Capper

Quote from: whatlez on June 23, 2012, 04:37:29 PM
Rockcliff has to be mid/fwd and Jimmy Bartel on last night's performance has to be Def/Mid.
but also played forward alot last year (hence why i didnt get him)