Main Menu

I knew it, bells are ringing

Started by TheHanger, June 21, 2012, 08:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHanger

I knew this would happen, and so glad it did

Bellchambers out and Hille in, we need the forward presence of Hille, which Bellchambers lacked
Now Ryder will get more time in the ruck and this is his best position, Hille will play forward and perhaps Hurley will play back (he doesn't like it back there, but he hasn't done much in the forward line so far)

Bellchambers needs more time in the reserves, has played alot this year but is still not totally ready. IMO Hooker should also go back to the reserves, needs to work on disposal and decision making, especially kicks out of defense. The lower pressure environment of the VFL allows the players to build confidence and work on their skills in a still highly competitive game of football.

Boomz

Hille is finished... big mistake. We need Hille when he could play on a ground other than etihad... He can't now & he could hardly run out a VFL game last week. Not saying Belly doesn't need a rest but Hille isn't the answer. Hooker is slow as flower but he has been good this year apart from 1 or 2...

TheHanger

Quote from: Boomz on June 21, 2012, 08:50:10 PM
Hille is finished... big mistake. We need Hille when he could play on a ground other than etihad... He can't now & he could hardly run out a VFL game last week. Not saying Belly doesn't need a rest but Hille isn't the answer. Hooker is slow as flower but he has been good this year apart from 1 or 2...

Hille had 25 disposals and 30 hitouts in VFL last week, nothing wrong with that

Belly needs a rest and who else is the answer anyway (for me it is definitely Hille)

pyronerd

Quote from: TheHanger on June 21, 2012, 09:48:27 PM

Belly needs a rest and who else is the answer anyway (for me it is definitely Hille)
at Subi I think you guys would be better just playing Ryder, with some pinch hitting, in the ruck, and taking the extra smaller and faster player then to play Hille

Boomz

and struggling to get around the ground & didn't look 100%... Ryder solo ruck would have been fine. Hille will be a liability especially at Subi.

TheHanger

Quote from: Boomz on June 21, 2012, 09:51:21 PM

and struggling to get around the ground & didn't look 100%... Ryder solo ruck would have been fine. Hille will be a liability especially at Subi.

Hird has said in past only reason Ryder doesn't ruck by himself/ 80% all year is because he doesn't have the tank for it

Boomz

Quote from: TheHanger on June 22, 2012, 12:01:24 AM

Hird has said in past only reason Ryder doesn't ruck by himself/ 80% all year is because he doesn't have the tank for it

Yeah obviously not. I was meaning this week. Belly only needs a break.

TheHanger

Quote from: Boomz on June 22, 2012, 01:10:58 AM

nah Belly needs more than a rest, he has no forward aspect to his game and it is hurting the team structure, he needs time with Bendigo to work on his attacking game, i.e taking marks inside 50 (only 7 so far this year)

pyronerd

Quote from: TheHanger on June 23, 2012, 01:45:40 PM

nah Belly needs more than a rest, he has no forward aspect to his game and it is hurting the team structure, he needs time with Bendigo to work on his attacking game, i.e taking marks inside 50 (only 7 so far this year)
he is still better than Hille...

Boomz

Quote from: pyronerd on June 23, 2012, 07:49:56 PM
Quote from: TheHanger on June 23, 2012, 01:45:40 PM

he is still better than Hille...

Exactly... He isn't perfect but we are a lot better off with him than Hille.

TheHanger

Boomz

Quote from: TheHanger on June 24, 2012, 12:36:19 AM
Hille proved you wrong tonight

Lol how so? He was alright but didn't do anything Belly wouldn't have & I still think we should have just gone Ryder + an extra small this week.

pyronerd

Quote from: Boomz on June 24, 2012, 12:42:14 AM
Quote from: TheHanger on June 24, 2012, 12:36:19 AM
Hille proved you wrong tonight

Lol how so? He was alright but didn't do anything Belly wouldn't have & I still think we should have just gone Ryder + an extra small this week.
all I saw hille do, from what I watched of the game, was shank a 20m kick along the ground :P

TheHanger

What about that mark and goal he kicked in a clutch time, for his first game back he played awesome and is still way ahead of Bellchambers

big_cox21

all you guys see the post i just made on a bombers potential future ruck plan