Main Menu

tom couch?

Started by sammy_boy, June 21, 2012, 07:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammy_boy

i feel sorry for this kid. he never gunna get a game

fever

word is that he has the work ethic of someone who "is just happy to be on an afl list", as opposed to someone like magner.

PattyT

Although it would be great for fantasy football for him to get a game no one should be gifted a game that they dont deserve. from all reports he is pretty happy just to do what he's doing.

Hagebear

I'd probably be the same if I was him. Work your ass off pre season and be in the best players nearly every single week in the 2s and still not even be an emergency at all if start getting lazy aswell. They say that he and magner are 2 alike but magner isnt playing his midfield role anymore. He tagged nick maxwell the other week! WTF?? Can't see the problem with them both playing?

Jake8

Would love to see him get a game. I would have the same attitude as him. Its the sort of attitude you need to have.

sammy_boy

heard his "disoosal effiency is horrible". hooefully he can improve on it

pikla

Quote from: sammy_boy on June 21, 2012, 08:22:11 PM

Even if this is true it is not a problem that just happens overnight so why elevate him if his disposal efficiency is not up to AFL standard???

djmckf

Get a proper preseason under his belt and doesn't play this year he could could be the most selected player next year......

tigertops

Quote from: pikla on June 21, 2012, 08:31:17 PM
Quote from: sammy_boy on June 21, 2012, 08:22:11 PM

Even if this is true it is not a problem that just happens overnight so why elevate him if his disposal efficiency is not up to AFL standard???
There are plenty playing in melb that disposal efficiency is below par. Why is HIS efficiency singled out? Seems a cop out excuse.  Must be more to it....

JamSainter

I have seen Couch play live... and spoken to him in person. He doesn't come across as arrogant to 'just be on an AFL list', that's absurd and entirely not true imo and his kicking isn't too bad, better than a lot of his Demons' team mates I'd assume.

FonFatty

The thing that I find bizarre is that he got elevated several weeks ago.
Why elevate a player that you dont intend on playing?
For example lets say Jamar and Mitch Clark both went down with 3 week injuries and Stefan Martin was unavailable, who would they put in the ruck? That is when you would elevate a rookie with the intention of playing him.
Has to be more to it why he hasnt played a game thus far. He probably went on a Ben Cousins sort of bender when he got the news of his elevation  ::)

Ziplock

banged neelds wife.

cant see any other reasonable excuse :P

Noz

Having 30+ touches each week in the 2s isn't Melbournes standard maybe if he drops that down to 18-20 touches he will get a game.

sammy_boy

gotta be the neelds wife thing lol

ben_020285

My feeling is that he won't get a game all year. He has rarely if ever even been named as an emergency.